How do you see the right side of the OL?

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Agree.....I really dont see them letting Bates go....he has very good multi position flexibility

Bates can play all 5 positions which makes for great in game use as a backup. I think he is likely to make the roster unless there is an unexpected camp over performer.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, njbuff said:

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Cody Ford at RT?

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Darryl Williams at RT?

Do you see Ford at RG with Williams at RT?

Do you see Williams at RG with Ford at RT?

Any surprises?

This decision could easily make or break the Bills in 2020.

Really depends on how the RT does.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

I see them keeping 9 OL like last year and the group consisting of basically the same guys: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Feliciano, Ford, Nsekhe, Long and Bates, with Daryl Williams replacing Boettger.  Boettger got only 5% of the snaps despite having been with the team for over a year while Bates, who got slightly more, joined the team two weeks into training camp.

I think that Boehm beats out Bates. Bates was absolutely atrocious at tackle in week 17 against lower-tier starters, so the idea that he could play OT in a pinch took a hit for me. He’s strictly an interior guy IMO, and at that I think Boehm is a better player.

Roster-wise, it’ll be interesting to see if they drop down to 8 OLmen on the 53. On one hand, the 8th-active OL guy mandate on game days means you’d want to have an extra or two around. On the other, that you can promote 2 players per game to the 55 makes me think that they could keep an extra 2 OLmen on the PS and go that route.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I think that Boehm beats out Bates. Bates was absolutely atrocious at tackle in week 17 against lower-tier starters, so the idea that he could play OT in a pinch took a hit for me. He’s strictly an interior guy IMO, and at that I think Boehm is a better player.

Roster-wise, it’ll be interesting to see if they drop down to 8 OLmen on the 53. On one hand, the 8th-active OL guy mandate on game days means you’d want to have an extra or two around. On the other, that you can promote 2 players per game to the 55 makes me think that they could keep an extra 2 OLmen on the PS and go that route.

Especially if they can sneak someone that has been here on the PS... not sure if Boettger or Bates have any eligibility left.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Especially if they can sneak someone that has been here on the PS... not sure if Boettger or Bates have any eligibility left.

I’d have to look but I think PS eligibility is no longer an issue. I think anyone can go there now.

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’d have to look but I think PS eligibility is no longer an issue. I think anyone can go there now.

I think there are 3 spots where the restrictions were relaxed but not sure what they were relaxed to.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think Bates is an OT either and there are Dawkins, Ford, Nsekhe and Williams for those positions.  As for Boehm, he's a journeyman and with the shortened off-season it will be harder for him to make the team.  But we'll see. 

• Like (+1) 1