How do you see the right side of the OL?

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Cody Ford at RT?

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Darryl Williams at RT?

Do you see Ford at RG with Williams at RT?

Do you see Williams at RG with Ford at RT?

Any surprises?

This decision could easily make or break the Bills in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Am I crazy for thinking C-G-T of Feliciano-Ford-Nsekhe was a good combo on those occasions when it was necessary?

Did it happen all that often?

I thought Long played G a lot of time when Morse was absent and Feliciano to C..

I have said this a few times but I thought Feliciano was good at C and I could see him being a cheaper alternative there from 2021 if he is re-signed and could allow them to trade Morse..

• Like (+1) 2

There are a few variables that will affect this.

Does Cody Ford improve at right tackle and make the coaching staff feel comfortable keeping him there? 

Does Darryl Williams re-gain his former Pro Bowl level form?

Does Feliciano play at the same level, regress, or improve?

Ideally, I think the coaches want the same starting five as last season. I think they want Ford at right tackle long term and believe that he will improve in his second season at that position. In reality, the above variables will decide whether that's possible, or whether its wiser to move Ford to right guard, move Feliciano to the bench, and let either Williams or Nsekhe start at RT. This is the type of thing that would normally go down to the wire in training camp, but with the current uncertainty surrounding the offseason, smart money has to be on Feliciano and Ford manning the starting spots to begin the season.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does Cody Ford improve at right tackle and make the coaching staff feel comfortable keeping him there? 

Ideally, I think the coaches want the same starting five as last season. I think they want Ford at right tackle long term and believe that he will improve in his second season at that position. In reality, the above variables will decide whether that's possible, or whether its wiser to move Ford to right guard, move Feliciano to the bench, and let either Williams or Nsekhe start at RT. This is the type of thing that would normally go down to the wire in training camp, but with the current uncertainty surrounding the offseason, smart money has to be on Feliciano and Ford manning the starting spots to begin the season.

Pretty much spot on here.

Brandon Beane spoke last week about continuity on the O-Line, and how it was great they had the same starting five returning in 2020.

I also believe Beane drafted Cody Ford to play Right Tackle, and they aren't going to give-up immediately just because he struggled as a rookie.

At the same time, this team is past the growth stage and ready to compete for a championship.  Coaches will not have the patience to deal with a "weak spot" on the roster this year.  Ford certainly gets first crack.  But if he continues to struggle into the regular season, it won't be long before Daryl Williams steps into the lineup.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Cody Ford at RT?

Do you see Feliciano at RG with Darryl Williams at RT?

Do you see Ford at RG with Williams at RT?

Do you see Williams at RG with Ford at RT?

Any surprises?

This decision could easily make or break the Bills in 2020.

I think Williams will start & play the RT and Ford moves inside to RG and Feliciano starts at LG

Edited by Niagara Dude

After a few lines..., vividly, 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, akcash said:

I think its gonna be Feliciano and Ford. I just love the way Feliciano plays and I think Ford has a promising future.

Even though Feliciano was pretty crappy the second half of the season?

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

If they don't have a TC, there will be no season.  

Barring injury, I think the line will come back with everyone in the same spots as last year. Beane didn't move up to draft Ford to be our RT, only to move him after 1 season. I saw enough good things out of him to keep him there. To me, there was a give and take when it came to rotating Ford with Nsekhe. As a rookie, Ford was able to get his feet wet while rotating and that's a good thing, but there may have been times where it messed with his rhythm. In for a few plays, get your rhythm, come out and have to try and regain it. I hope this is over with and Ford gets the job full time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Am I crazy for thinking C-G-T of Feliciano-Ford-Nsekhe was a good combo on those occasions when it was necessary?

I don’t think we ever saw that combo tbh.  Could be wrong

Nsekhe is a backup.  While he may be our best RT, he isn’t holding up playing RT full time.  He’s our backup swing.  Ford our RT.  Feliciano our RG.  Morse our center.  Daryl will compete with long for backup guard.

let’s just hope Feliciano and Ford keep improving.  Beane is all in with them for 2020

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think we ever saw that combo tbh.  Could be wrong

Nsekhe is a backup.  While he may be our best RT, he isn’t holding up playing RT full time.  He’s our backup swing.  Ford our RT.  Feliciano our RG.  Morse our center.  Daryl will compete with long for backup guard.

let’s just hope Feliciano and Ford keep improving.  Beane is all in with them for 2020

I think you are absolutely correct.  Good post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

It was. Ford is an awful RT but decent RG. Nsekhe held his own at RT. All I know was watching Ford at RT at the end of the Texans playoff game was painful.