Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

JoeF

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Thats conjecture based on what you think his mindset SHOULD be. What we can go on is what he most recently stated. Yes, things could have changed, surely, but until he him self says otherwise...

He was making $17M to be brought in to be the starter for the Broncos.  A year, a 2-6 record, and a serious neck injury later and...

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

The short history tells us that Flacco will see the field for the Jets in 2020.

Either way, the Jets have one of the least talented rosters in the entire NFL and are a team in the running in the "Tank for Trevor" sweepstakes..................

even if they like Darnold or not.

The Jets, on paper, are about as piss poor as it gets.

All the more reason to play the rookie if/when Darnold goes down.  And have Flacco mentor him.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We’re still doing win loss records for qbs?  Dear lord.  

there is no human being besides Barkley’s family and Bills fans who are completely biased who think he is better than Flacco.  Our qb has a career 65 qb rating.  That’s beyond awful.  

but for some reason in a billion dollar business, being a nice guy is more important than actual talent.  This team will regret settling at the qb position if Allen gets hurt.  

Yeah.  That's pretty much all it's about CB.  As in "if Josh goes down, can the backup QB win enough games to not kill the season."

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

i don't think anyone is arguing that Flacco's career was leaps and bounds better than Barkley's career.

But I do think that 2020 Barkley would be the more trustworthy QB over 2020 Flacco.  I'll be surprised if he gets through preseason, actually.  He's damaged goods.

That's the thing.  He won't even be cleared until pre-season is over.  That means not having played meaningful football in 10 months by the time he's cleared, no time to practice/jell with teammates, and then there's still the neck injury.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

This whole argument of Flacco vs. Barkley seems to me to be about which mediocre option would be best.  Neither is the right answer.   Beyond that I really do not care which one.  This really comes down to if Allen gets hurt, would I rather be kicked in the crotch or hit in the head with a brick. Both would hurt, both could kill you, and beyond that, it just depends.  For my money right now, at least Barkley knows the system and is comfortable with his role with Josh.  I fall on the side of known quantity.  Flacco may have once been a better QB, but that is certainly highly questionable now.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He was making $17M to be brought in to be the starter for the Broncos.  A year, a 2-6 record, and a serious neck injury later and...

All the more reason to play the rookie if/when Darnold goes down.  And have Flacco mentor him.

Yeah.  That's pretty much all it's about CB.  As in "if Josh goes down, can the backup QB win enough games to not kill the season."

That's the thing.  He won't even be cleared until pre-season is over.  That means not having played meaningful football in 10 months by the time he's cleared, no time to practice/jell with teammates, and then there's still the neck injury.

Dude you are simply going off conjecture, and insist on replying like your conjecture is some sort of inevitable career arch.

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Dude you are simply going off conjecture, and insist on replying like your conjecture is some sort of inevitable career arch.

Jets’ Joe Flacco wants to serve as Sam Darnold’s mentor

This article says he might not even be ready by the start of the season.  Now it does say he wants to continue to play, but every player at the end of his career says this. 

What is the point of this contract. He doesn’t even know the offense. What kind of “mentoring” does Sam need from him. Flacco’s body language on the field makes Jay Cutler look like a poised, inspired leader.

Edited by YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is the point of this contract. He doesn’t even know the offense. What kind of “mentoring” does Sam need from him. Flacco’s body language on the field makes Jay Cutler look like a poised, inspired leader.

Agree 100%.  The dude is toast.  Just another Jesty move by the Gase-led Jets.

Amazing how anyone thinks Flacco would be an upgrade over anyone, let alone Barkley.

Some people are just Bills fans who love to hate the Bills.  Blah.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Clearly a better choice than Barkley. :Lol:

On 5/22/2020 at 4:02 PM, JoeF said:

I think he assessed his options and picked the most physically fragile starter..honestly...

This  v

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The season is "shortened" as it is... Is claiming not to be ready a good thing?  Well unless you are there just to get a paycheck.  (I kid, I kid) 

If its injury related ...  How did he pass a physical?   

New York Jets quarterback Joe Flacco, who agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract Friday, confirmed speculation he won't be ready for the Sept. 13 season opener against the Buffalo Bills because of his recently repaired neck.

"I can't speak to exactly when I'm going to be ready, but it will not be day one," Flacco said Tuesday in an interview with SiriusXM NFL radio. "Obviously, we'll get with the doctors and I have another checkup come August, so we'll see where that goes."

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This  v

The season is "shortened" as it is... Is claiming not to be ready a good thing?  Well unless you are there just to get a paycheck.  (I kid, I kid) 

If its injury related ...  How did he pass a physical?   

New York Jets quarterback Joe Flacco, who agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract Friday, confirmed speculation he won't be ready for the Sept. 13 season opener against the Buffalo Bills because of his recently repaired neck.

"I can't speak to exactly when I'm going to be ready, but it will not be day one," Flacco said Tuesday in an interview with SiriusXM NFL radio. "Obviously, we'll get with the doctors and I have another checkup come August, so we'll see where that goes."

He looked like someone whose dad was forcing him to play football when he was on the field last year then he ripped his coaching staff in Denver  in a post game presser and showed no support for the young QB they drafted. I assume no one involved wants him to actually play, but then why sign him at all because I don’t see what actual value he brings. Not like he can help teach the offense or mentor with his outstanding leadership or motivate. Whatever, just a weird signing. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dont like Barkley or Flacco. I saw all I need to know from Barkley last year against the Jets. Hopefully, he wont see the field in the regular season this year. He needs to be the third qb if he's here as a friend/mentor for Josh. I guess that's why they drafted Fromm though. We shall see.

I wouldn’t mind upgrading barkley as I’ve often stated - and forgive me for not reading this entire thread but did someone actually suggest that the 2020 corpse of Flacco would be an upgrade 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

When guys dream of going out on top, they don't image winding down their career as a backup for the dog-ass Jets.

Dog-ass Jets huh? Im calling a split next season....

On 5/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, NewEra said:

Nice move....but not really.  They aren’t going anywhere this year.  If darnold misses time, they’re better off losing every game he misses.  Not that flacco is capable of winning games on his own, but  he might be able to get a w or 2

Most franchises wouldnt go anywhere with their starter going down. Would Barkley lead you to the playoffs if Allen went down?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Dog-ass Jets huh? Im calling a split next season....

Most franchises wouldnt go anywhere with their starter going down. Would Barkley lead you to the playoffs if Allen went down?

I’d prefer a better backup tbh.  Would rather have flacco.  I like Frohms chance to be a capable backup, but probably not this year.  

I think if allen missed 6-8 games we could still make the playoffs with Adequate backup play. Our D is only getting better.  Our offense added a bonefide #1 wr and a beastly rb to replace gore and compliment motor.  

Would he “lead” us to the playoffs?  I dunno if I’d go so far To say he’d lead us, but I think we could win enough games where we could still make the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’d prefer a better backup tbh.  Would rather have flacco.  I like Frohms chance to be a capable backup, but probably not this year.  

I think if allen missed 6-8 games we could still make the playoffs with Adequate backup play. Our D is only getting better.  Our offense added a bonefide #1 wr and a beastly rb to replace gore and compliment motor.  

Would he “lead” us to the playoffs?  I dunno if I’d go so far To say he’d lead us, but I think we could win enough games where we could still make the playoffs.  

For the record, i dont think Flacco would be able to handle it, i wanted a more mobile backup Qb.