Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

JoeF

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Which I mean does this mean they're hoping this is pointless and Flacco loses to the rookie so they didn't waste a 4th round pick or are they thinking of rolling with 3 QBs?

That depends on Flaccos health and how he plays. He was beyond horrible in Denver and looked like he hit the wall but I guess we’ll see

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

End of last season quotes in Denver...

But would he be willing to stick around as a backup to Drew Lock? That's half of the question. 

“Like I said, I’m probably a little bit more worried about other things at this point," Flacco said on Monday as the Broncos cleared out their lockers. "If that’s what it has to be, then—I want to play football. If that’s what it has to be, whether it’s here or wherever, if that’s what it’s going to take for me to get back in and start playing again, then yeah. I’ll go that route, but you never know what’s going to happen in the next couple of months.”

Sounds like he would have tried to "Kevin Kolb slippery mat" Drew Lock at every chance.....watch your back Sam Darnold..

Just the guy you want behind your starter.

I like the 2 back ups that are on the team you know that they know who the man is and are not out win the starting gig :)

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The only teams I don’t see being competitive and I’m being honest is both New England and New Jersey. New England has Literally ZERO on offense but they have a great defense, your not gonna win many games if you keep putting your Defense on the field. New Jersey’s problems lie in their O Line, it’s among the worst in the NFL on top of that you surrounded Darnold with very little wide receiver talent, they also have an out of shape and overpaid RB in Bell who didn’t do jack ***** last year and probably won’t do much this year either. Defensively they have Adams but if they trade Adams they’re gonna struggle. I said it before I’ll say it again while it’s an open division. The only teams I can take seriously is Miami and Buffalo going at it

I wouldn't sleep on the Jets O-line, either. They signed three new starters back in March, and then drafted Mekhi, who looks like he could be an absolute beast. Likely they will struggle to gel early in the season, but by midseason could be an exceptional unit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Nice move....but not really.  They aren’t going anywhere this year.  If darnold misses time, they’re better off losing every game he misses.  Not that flacco is capable of winning games on his own, but  he might be able to get a w or 2

Play To Win New York Jets GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I wouldn't sleep on the Jets O-line, either. They signed three new starters back in March, and then drafted Mekhi, who looks like he could be an absolute beast. Likely they will struggle to gel early in the season, but by midseason could be an exceptional unit.

None of the guys they (overpaid and) signed was anything special and Becton will take some time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If it applies to Darnold, then I would have to say yes, but I think it doesn’t apply to either. They are both young QBs with the skill set and leadership abilities to lead a franchise for the next decade. If year three is an abject failure, then I would assume they would both be in the hot seat. I just don’t see year three being an abject failure for either of them.

I just think its a fair question Milt, peeps here like to go after others but not our players with same logic

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

He should be glad that Mono was all he got....just sayin'

Seems like since word got out Darnold got mono, he's been the most pampered and babied player in the NFL. Excuses came rolling in like crazy when all it really was was Gase being his HC. Can't see him doing much of anything as long as Gase is there

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

He'd be a good backup.

Depends on his demeanor. He's never handled the concept of being a backup well before. He transferred out of Pitt rather than be a backup, there were rumblings about issues between him and Lamar Jackson in Baltimore and he made comments about it not being his job to develop Drew Lock in Denver.  If he has embraced his current place in the league and is willing to help Darnold in the QB room that's a good pickup for a team that lost games because of their terrible backup QBs last year. If he's there to vulture a starting spot and sow the seeds of discontent in the locker room when Darnold struggles then it's not a good move to have him there with the kid.

Edited by That's No Moon

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

None of the guys they (overpaid and) signed was anything special and Becton will take some time. 

Interesting. Not sure if you're poo-pooing what the Jets did to help their O-line or not, but this was Beane's plan for us last year. We signed a bunch of JAGS, overpaid for our center and drafted a tackle.