NFL is making plans to experiment with a sky judge in 2020

58 minutes ago, beavis said:

Call no penalties during the game. Tuesday morning, hand out suspensions for everything including holding, off sides, delay of game and grounding leading to lifetime bans. That's how the real world works. No more winning just because you get away with breaking the rules.

shut up beavis

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with those that feel the league will screw this up, there is no chance that they won’t want to “enhance” it and in doing so they will do a botch  job on it, jmo. 

On 5/22/2020 at 12:39 PM, NewEra said:

https://wccoradio.radio.com/articles/radiocom/nfl-sky-judge-proposal-would-put-official-in-replay-booth

thank goodness. I’ve written a letter to goodell after each of the last 8 seasons.  Each saying the same exact thing.  You need to fix your officiating.  Bring in an eye in the sky that has access to multiple cameras.  You run a multi billion$ industry.  More camera angles and officials in the sky can assure that referee catastrophes are less likely.  All it took was the XFL to show us that it works. 

about time they are doing this. A sky judge should have been added 5 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

My 1st thought was "There's an accident waiting to happen." I'm just waiting for the 1st time one of those things gets in the way of a punt or pass. Maybe gets blown into some Bills fan's beer by the gusty winds in Orchard Park. Cue the drone jokes...

A sky judge is an idea whose time has come.  They can look for the obvious misses.  If it can't be determined by the next play then it is to close to overturn.  Add some constraints so the minor issues are not turned into penalties and only critical misses are fixed.

They should also not be part of a crew but rotate to different crews.  16 games (week off) with 16 different crews.  They should also rate and deliver the reviews to the crew they worked.

This can be done without complicating and once the bugs worked out, eliminate the challenge system.

Not sure if anyone posted it already, but the sky judge has been denied for the 2020 regular season.  It will be used in preseason.  

Nfl and their puppet Riveron with at least one more year of total domination 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn't read the article but there should also be a 1 minute time clock on reviews. Have 2 sky judges per game. If they both have the same call after 1 minute of review then that's the call. If they disagree then the call stands. 

Pretty simple.

Completely agree.  If you need 5 minutes to review a play, then maybe the call on the field wasn't so bad.  

I'm thinking specifically of the Kelvin Benjamin TD against the Pats a couple years ago.  Questionable catch (it was Benjamin after all), but called a TD on the field.  Replays were inconclusive.  5-10 minutes of real time replay review and the TD was overturned.

I don't need every call to be 100% correct.  I just want the overly egregious errors corrected.  It's why I didn't like the Pass Interference challenges last year -- correct the blatantly bad miscalled.  Don't challenge anything else.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, NewEra said:

Not sure if anyone posted it already, but the sky judge has been denied for the 2020 regular season.  It will be used in preseason.  

Nfl and their puppet Riveron with at least one more year of total domination 

Riveron is out - I think they want to experiment and it will become an item for 2021.

They need to see and adjust to the new technology.