4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Was busy this long weekend

Made Japanese curried beef ribs 

Made washed rind cheese

Made some soppressata to cure

Made chicken liver pate 

Made smoked pork shoulder with roasted potatoes and corn

Anybody else Make anything fun?

I made a roast beef sandwich with some horseradish yesterday. But wasn't a weck roll

Edited by Wacka
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I made a roast beef sandwich with some horseradish yesterday. But wasn't a weck roll

If you can't find kimmelweck rolls, you can make a reasonable substitute with a Kaiser roll, a very light glaze of egg white, caraway seeds, & sea salt.  20-30 seconds under the broiler & you sort of have a nice warm weck for the beef on weck.

Especially if the horseradish is good, you won't really notice that the weck is faux. ;)

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If you can't find kimmelweck rolls, you can make a reasonable substitute with a Kaiser roll, a very light glaze of egg white, caraway seeds, & sea salt.  20-30 seconds under the broiler & you sort of have a nice warm weck for the beef on weck.

Especially if the horseradish is good, you won't really notice that the weck is faux. ;)

Personally weck rolls often have too much salt. I usually scrape half is it off. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Just our way of saying that there is no need to start another Trump bashing thread. It could have very easily have gone in the Trump Is a Terrible President thread.  See the TOS endorsement regarding “crusades” is very lax here. It’s our form of self policing. Sorry that upset you.  We’ll try to be more mindful of your feelings and not pick on your little brother Tibs. 

And I wasn’t wearing a mask!  There I’m Thread Compliant now. 

Doesn’t upset me at all, but don’t complain about people responding to you being a douche. You could just avoid the thread, but instead you choose to respond. You sound as soft as you look! 

30 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I had a lot of fun and mask free. 

Awesome!!! 

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Actually was just white bread. Horseradish ws Miller's. Couldn't find any Broadway Market horseradish.

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Doesn’t upset me at all, but don’t complain about people responding to you being a douche. You could just avoid the thread, but instead you choose to respond. You sound as soft as you look! 

I look soft?  Have we met?  ?

Nahhhhh. I’d remember you. 

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Actually was just white bread. Horseradish ws Miller's. Couldn't find any Broadway Market horseradish.

You might need to turn in your Buffalo Card if you keep pulling stunts like that. ;)

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Personally weck rolls often have too much salt. I usually scrape half is it off. 

That's the cool part of "making" your own.  Can put as much, or as little, caraway seeds and salt on as you like.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Was busy this long weekend

Made Japanese curried beef ribs 

Made washed rind cheese

Made some soppressata to cure

Made chicken liver pate 

Made smoked pork shoulder with roasted potatoes and corn

Anybody else Make anything fun?

I finally learned how to make good meatballs, now my wife and kids want them every week. Made it this time with fusilli instead of spaghetti, good change up. I also made a loaf of dutch oven bread to go with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Yep at Hammer’s. 

@mead107  is this you?  Longest running April Fools joke. Bravo. Wait....no it’s @BringBackFergy isn’t it?  Is this how you get me for not paying for those tickets?  No no no it’s @Guffalo right?  For calling AAA to get the keys out of my trunk?  Ooooh I know who this is. It’s @CountryCletus for me telling you your beaver tastes like chicken?  

Oooooh I’ve not had a secret admirer in a long time. This is so cute. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

@mead107  is this you?  Longest running April Fools joke. Bravo. Wait....no it’s @BringBackFergy isn’t it?  Is this how you get me for not paying for those tickets?  No no no it’s @Guffalo right?  For calling AAA to get the keys out of my trunk?  Ooooh I know who this is. It’s @CountryCletus for me telling you your beaver tastes like chicken?  

Oooooh I’ve not had a secret admirer in a long time. This is so cute. 

?????
You are part of the in crowd!!! ???

Edited by Q-baby!