Chiefs and Mahomes extension 40MM per year?

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

When do you pay a guy like a top tier QB?  The point is if you don't have a top tier QB.....

1. you shouldn't pay a guy like a top tier guy who isn't one.

2.  you need a top tier guy.

I understand the concept. But what amount of draft resources should teams spend on QBs?

On 5/22/2020 at 2:48 AM, Niagara Dude said:

That really screws up your cap when the team is paying that much cash for one player.

Yep, just think about it KC needs to pay Kelce, and Hill. Once they over pay for Mahomes they will be in trouble, is Mahomes really that good? I don’t think so, take away the best skill players in the game and then good luck keeping that OL in place and you’ll see a very different Mahomes. it will be fun to see how this plays out.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I understand the concept. But what amount of draft resources should teams spend on QBs?

I know I'm making this seem simpler than it is.  I think Buffalo has handled it better than most in the past couple years...you tried Manual...he didn't work out.  you tried Tyrod....he was ok.  Now you are on Josh Allen....I think a top 10 type QB is the best shot at finding a guy, but you should always look....FA, diamond in the rough CFL guys, you try until you find a guy.  but you gotta find the guy somewhere.  I don't have the answers...and not all 32 teams can win or find the guy....it's hard......all I am saying is actively searchign out the right guy is better than paying top dollar for someone who isn't the guy.

Just now, Yav said:

Yep, just think about it KC needs to pay Kelce, and Hill. Once they over pay for Mahomes they will be in trouble, is Mahomes really that good? I don’t think so, take away the best skill players in the game and then good luck keeping that OL in place and you’ll see a very different Mahomes. it will be fun to see how this plays out.

They are already under contract.  Hill is in for the next 3 years...he signed an extension last year.  Kelce has another year after this one under contract.  We're good to go.

1 minute ago, Yav said:

They guy has a QBR of 99.9 on third and 15 or more, the rest of the leauge has a QBR of 4.6 in that same situaiton.  Mahomes is good.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Yav said:

They’ve already paid Hill long term.  You might want to retire from making predictions about Mahomes and the Chiefs (or don’t because I like laughing as people fall on their faces).

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Billl said:

They’ve already paid Hill long term.  You might want to retire from making predictions about Mahomes and the Chiefs (or don’t because I like laughing as people fall on their faces).

@Yav hates Kansas City and Kansas City fans.....At some point I think he lived in KC and had a bad time.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

@Yav hates Kansas City and Kansas City fans.....At some point I think he lived in KC and had a bad time.  

I did, and I do. Horrible place and the fans were jerks at the stadium, had a 8 adult men verbally abuse my young daughters at the stadium when they went to the restroom. Had 3 others push my exwife to the ground...so yeppers can’t stand em.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Yav said:

I did, and I do. Horrible place and the fans were jerks at the stadium, had a 8 adult men verbally abuse my young daughters at the stadium when they went to the restroom. Had 3 others push my exwife to the ground...so yeppers can’t stand em.

NFL fans suck.  I used to post on chiefsplanet, but that place is basically a white supremacist site these days.  It’s a really good site for football talk, but damn.  Kansas City is a great city, though.  Tons of Chiefs season ticket holders are from middle of nowhere towns and have nothing else in life beyond the Chiefs.  The city gets overrun by trashy losers 8 weekends a year, unfortunately.