Jerry Lewis MDA Backyard Carnival

26 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Keep it scheduled, unless there are major restrictions that wouldn't make it enjoyable. 

Yes. I have the beer pong shoot and knife throwing all set up but don’t want to get the greased pigs out until I know people are allowed to mingle. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I read stuff like this and I get so depressed.

I honestly thought you were more forward thinking. You shouldn't cancel, you should reschedule for mid-June and get ahead of the second wave. People need a place to congregate. And the sooner the better. My only concern is that a Covidiot passes it along to one of the greased pigs. #GreasedPigsMatter

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Should I cancel or keep it scheduled for June 27th?

Who do you have for live entertainment (music)?  Will they need to sing through N95s?

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who do you have for live entertainment (music)?  Will they need to sing through N95s?

We booked a Sammy Davis Jr. impersonator. He’s a dead ringer and the mask covers his mouth, nose and eyes. Already paid a non-refundable deposit so you see my point. 

If I stick with the June 27th date, I should be able to make enough for the music and liquor overhead. All the profits go to the telethon. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

How, what a blast from the past.

I had totally forgotten about MDA carnivals.  I used to love them, as a kid in the 70's.

I've been away from NYS for a long time now and had no idea these things were still going. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bad Things said:

How, what a blast from the past.

I had totally forgotten about MDA carnivals.  I used to love them, as a kid in the 70's.

I've been away from NYS for a long time now and had no idea these things were still going. 

I had one in our backyard in Lancaster once... it was really low key though, no singers or anything like that, just games and stuff that kids could play to win little prizes. Thanks for the reminder, I had completely forgotten about these.

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do NOT let him grease your goat! You will NEVER get that cleaned up! 

The pet salon in the mall should be reopening soon, shouldn't it?  They bathe dogs, what's the odd goat?  Then afterwards the goat and I can powerwalk with the rest of the geriatric set.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The pet salon in the mall should be reopening soon, shouldn't it?  They bathe dogs, what's the odd goat?  Then afterwards the goat and I can powerwalk with the rest of the geriatric set.

I mostly just stroll to and from the food court, and take my laps there. No matter how many times you circle the food court, they just keep handing you chicken on a toothpick! Or, at least I though it was chicken. It could be goats caught by Paul Blart, Mall Cop then re-purposed? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I mostly just stroll to and from the food court, and take my laps there. No matter how many times you circle the food court, they just keep handing you chicken on a toothpick! Or, at least I though it was chicken. It could be goats caught by Paul Blart, Mall Cop then re-purposed? 

Decorum would suggest you put that in a personal message, and not create stress for the goat walking mall stalking clientele we have here.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Yes. I have the beer pong shoot and knife throwing all set up but don’t want to get the greased pigs out until I know people are allowed to mingle. 

People aren’t allowed to mingle?  Why not?  Did I miss something? 

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

People aren’t allowed to mingle?  Why not?  Did I miss something? 

The instruction booklet doesn’t tell me how many people can play the games at one time. Now I’m thinking I need to hire security for this thing. Thanks Jerry!!!