Dallas 175 million 5 year offer to Prescott

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They did have the most yards in the NFL last year, and 6th most points... The defense did a good job yardage wise but they had few takeaways (7 games with 0 takeaways, 2-5 in those games).  Dak's coming off a year where he threw for 1100 more yards than ever before, kept INTs relatively low, sack numbers way down on a per snap basis.  

They lost a lot of games on coaching. The end of the Minnesota game sticks out in my head. That might have been the worst coached 4th quarter I saw all season.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No it's not.

I mean, what exactly is your definition of decent? At absolute worst, he's been a top 15 QB 3 of his 4 years and you could make a good case for him being around a top 5 QB for 2 of those years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, what exactly is your definition of decent? At absolute worst, he's been a top 15 QB 3 of his 4 years and you could make a good case for him being around a top 5 QB for 2 of those years.

This will suffice.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's had one decent season--and even then, they went nowhere.  He's a middling QB.  There.

What??

What’s your opinion on a Deshaun Watson who has never thrown more than 26 TD’s in a year? Middling QB on a decent team that doesn’t go anywhere? Won’t ever win a Super Bowl?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What??

What’s your opinion on a Deshaun Watson who has never thrown more than 26 TD’s in a year? Middling QB on a decent team that doesn’t go anywhere? Won’t ever win a Super Bowl?

Deshaun Watson is objectively, way more talented than Dak.  Watch the film, DeShaun carries his team.  Dak is a solid QB who does a great job managing the gameplan with a fantastic supporting cast.  

Just now, vtnatefootball11 said:

Deshaun Watson is objectively, way more talented than Dak.  Watch the film, DeShaun carries his team.  Dak is a solid QB who does a great job managing the gameplan with a fantastic supporting cast.  

I don’t disagree that Watson is better than Dak, but film study is far from objective. For example, Dak did far more than manage the gameplan this year. His earlier years this was true but he was asked to do far more this year.

Furthermore, film study would suggest that Dak is leagues above Dalton. Like not even a debate type stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

I don’t disagree that Watson is better than Dak, but film study is far from objective. For example, Dak did far more than manage the gameplan this year. His earlier years this was true but he was asked to do far more this year.

Furthermore, film study would suggest that Dak is leagues above Dalton. Like not even a debate type stuff.

That's fair, but the point here is that type of QB worth that kind of money, when the entire rest of your roster is now hamstrung.  They have to be ELITE talent to carry your team moving forward when you can no longer afford the great Oline and other supporting case that the Cowboys have on offense.  Dak won't be able to do that. 

52 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What??

Put Watson on last year's Cowboys, watch them play in the SB.

Does anyone look at Prescott and say:  "that guy can really put a team on his back.  He's a fighter, a winner"?

No.

$35 Million a year & they will say NO to that offer -- WTF talk about a greedy bunch of sum ***** ! You could play 1 season and live the rest of your life like a king ! 

If your smart and don't carry all your homy's with you every where you go and blow it ?  

4 minutes ago, T master said:

$35 Million a year & they will say NO to that offer -- WTF talk about a greedy bunch of sum ***** ! You could play 1 season and live the rest of your life like a king ! 

If your smart and don't carry all your homy's with you every where you go and blow it ?  

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493ba0c7a8fec75bbd06f1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t see how Dallas can possibly pay Dak, Cooper and Zeke with these huge contracts.  Seattle struggled to get under the cap when they signed Wilson to a deal

They already did though (plus Lawrence, Collins, Martin, Smith, Lamb, Diggs, Jaylon Smith, Gallup, McCoy, etc..). Whether they win or not is TBD but their ability to keep their best guys has been impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If “middling along” is 4,902 yards, 30 TDs and 11 INTs sign me up!! If Allen has that year we will throw a parade. 

Dak is a glorified bus driver.

Last year the Cowboys in most games were outplayed in the 1st half and then had to pass their way 'back into games'.

Look at the Buffalo game, by the 3rd Qtr, we were 'managing' the game in a soft prevent defense allowing Dallas to move down the field and burn up clock letting Dak get his yards...

That game was over early.  That happened in a lot of Dallas' games last year.  Dak threw ALOT of garbage yards.

Now, should Dak get 35MIL, IMO NO, but he is definitely in the 30-33MIL/yr category.

Also, as for Dak's last year, if I was Jerry, I'd say, you bring me a Super Bowl ring before that in the 4 years previously, then you get 45, if not then you get paid 30.  Put up or shut up. :)

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

What??

I guess we will find out about Watson this year...

This thread gets wilder and wilder.  We would do bad things to have Allen come close to what Dak has produced as a passer and would beg the Bills to pay him whatever he wanted.  I wish this board would look at Bills qbs as “objectively” as they look at other teams qbs.  

and I swear, some posters never watch any other games besides Bills games.  All this argument seems to cling on is he didn’t play well against the Bills so he sucks.  Pretty stupid to judge a guy off one game.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They lost a lot of games on coaching. The end of the Minnesota game sticks out in my head. That might have been the worst coached 4th quarter I saw all season.

Garrett was a great clapper.  Almost on Sean’s level. Almost. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

That's fair, but the point here is that type of QB worth that kind of money, when the entire rest of your roster is now hamstrung.  They have to be ELITE talent to carry your team moving forward when you can no longer afford the great Oline and other supporting case that the Cowboys have on offense.  Dak won't be able to do that. 

That point makes no sense. All of their players are signed. Dak is the last one. The supporting cast is signed.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Dak is a glorified bus driver.

Last year the Cowboys in most games were outplayed in the 1st half and then had to pass their way 'back into games'.

Look at the Buffalo game, by the 3rd Qtr, we were 'managing' the game in a soft prevent defense allowing Dallas to move down the field and burn up clock letting Dak get his yards...

That game was over early.  That happened in a lot of Dallas' games last year.  Dak threw ALOT of garbage yards.

Now, should Dak get 35MIL, IMO NO, but he is definitely in the 30-33MIL/yr category.

Also, as for Dak's last year, if I was Jerry, I'd say, you bring me a Super Bowl ring before that in the 4 years previously, then you get 45, if not then you get paid 30.  Put up or shut up. :)

Didn’t realize that. Well I take back all of the good things that I said then. I thought he was a QB with a 40-24 record but I guess I’m wrong. They should just let him walk. You can find a lot of guys to drive a bus.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread gets wilder and wilder.  We would do bad things to have Allen come close to what Dak has produced as a passer and would beg the Bills to pay him whatever he wanted.  I wish this board would look at Bills qbs as “objectively” as they look at other teams qbs.  

and I swear, some posters never watch any other games besides Bills games.  All this argument seems to cling on is he didn’t play well against the Bills so he sucks.  Pretty stupid to judge a guy off one game.  

Garrett was a great clapper.  Almost on Sean’s level. Almost. 

We all know the majority of the Dak and other young QB hate comes from a place of Allen insecurity.

• Like (+1) 1