Dallas 175 million 5 year offer to Prescott

36 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sorry dude, an NFL QB being asked to pass is only “setting them up for failure” if the QB blows it.

I don’t care if you blame Daboll or not, but Allen blew it. Indisputably.

I totally get that argument.  I really do.  With an NFL QB, the OC should be able to call passing plays and have said plays executed.  

I will not deny that Josh sucked down the stretch in that game.

The best comparison I can make to help exemplify my feelings is the late-game play-calling by Atlanta in the ATL/NE Super Bowl.  I'm pretty sure most will agree that their arrogance and rigidity to "keep doing what got them there," (a lot of passing) killed them.  The Falcons were absolutely stupid to keep passing the ball and, because they did, Murphy's Law kicked them in the nuts.

I feel the same way about the HOU playoff game.  Should they be able to call those plays without concern?  YES.  But with a 2nd year NFL who struggles with consistency and fumbles .... WHY push the envelope with a late-game lead??  That's my beef.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hope he turns them down, just sayin...

Go Bills!!!

Dak plays great vs teams with losing records and average/poor vs teams with winning records. I can’t believe Dallas is going to give him that contract. It will be fun watching that team implode from the salary cap going down instead of up in the next two years. 

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Prescott to sign the franchise tag per ESPN today

fwiw

I still say they trade him after the seasons end. They’re already paying 100 million for cooper which he’s not worth and they’re paying Elliott close to a 100 million and now they want to pay Prescott over 100-200 million? Yeah that’s not happening lol

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I still say they trade him after the seasons end. They’re already paying 100 million for cooper which he’s not worth and they’re paying Elliott close to a 100 million and now they want to pay Prescott over 100-200 million? Yeah that’s not happening lol

They can pay all of them. But it will start to show on the defensive side of the ball and overall team depth.  I'm not sure they can trade Prescott and get the value they would most likely want.  And they don't have a better option waiting in the wings.  Dalton has proven to only get a team to a certain level.  Paying Cooper and Elliott is a waste if they don't sign Prescott back.  They won't be bad enough to get a perceived top QB in the draft.  Jerry effed this one up.  

Frankly, Dak is not likely to be any better than he has shown, the word “plateaued” comes to mind, he’s good but not real good. Paying him that kind of money is a waste of your number one resource,  ?  ? 

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Frankly, Dak is not likely to be any better than he has shown, the word “plateaued” comes to mind, he’s good but not real good. Paying him that kind of money is a waste of your number one resource,  ?  ? 

true, but just “good” gets you paid nowadays if you’re a QB. Look at tannehill or cousins.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

true, but just “good” gets you paid nowadays if you’re a QB. Look at tannehill or cousins.

And Dak’s most recent year was his best. It’s certainly possible he takes another small step forward. He’s a top 10ish QB now. I don’t think that he ever gets to top 5 because he’s a little limited physically but he’s good. If you have a good QB you should take care of him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

They can pay all of them. But it will start to show on the defensive side of the ball and overall team depth.  I'm not sure they can trade Prescott and get the value they would most likely want.  And they don't have a better option waiting in the wings.  Dalton has proven to only get a team to a certain level.  Paying Cooper and Elliott is a waste if they don't sign Prescott back.  They won't be bad enough to get a perceived top QB in the draft.  Jerry effed this one up.  

Except like Dalton, Prescott has also showed he can only get so far. Dak is not worth what he’s asking for. He’s done nothing to deserve that kind of contract. Dallas is Elliott’s team not Prescott’s. Prescott to me is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor. You cave in and pay Prescott what he wants, then say goodbye to any chance of getting a super bowl

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And Dak’s most recent year was his best. It’s certainly possible he takes another small step forward. He’s a top 10ish QB now. I don’t think that he ever gets to top 5 because he’s a little limited physically but he’s good. If you have a good QB you should take care of him.

But they won’t be able to if Jones pays him what he wants. That team financially will fall apart 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Except like Dalton, Prescott has also showed he can only get so far. Dak is not worth what he’s asking for. He’s done nothing to deserve that kind of contract. Dallas is Elliott’s team not Prescott’s. Prescott to me is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor. You cave in and pay Prescott what he wants, then say goodbye to any chance of getting a super bowl

But they won’t be able to if Jones pays him what he wants. That team financially will fall apart 

They’ll have something like 9 of their best 10 players under contract for at least 3 years. The Cowboys can do it easily and have the rest of the core guys locked up long term (Martin, T Smith, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, J Smith, Lamb, Gallup, etc...). The Cowboys went a different route than everyone else and signed the roster before the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re right of course, oh well, I’ve no dog in that fight, so I guess it really doesn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Prescott to sign the franchise tag per ESPN today

fwiw

Not a shock with the whole season in doubt. He was never going to get the money he was asking for. The question is, if he doesn’t play a game in 2020, will he still get paid?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

How did he plateau when last season he had far and away the best season of his career?

• Like (+1) 1

What about the facts--that Prescott's numbers over the past two seasons are STRONG and also that his overall production improved considerably LAST season--gives people here so much pause? Is it really just that the young, media-derided QB of the Bills went into Dallas on national holiday TV and had an efficient, effective, WINNING game with a signature play or two? 

Prescott didn't play poorly in that game at all, and was in fact far MORE productive. I think his stat-line for that game would give thirsty Bills fans chubbies for days.

So what is it? Why not Prescott? 

(I know his team hasn't won anything forever. What else?)

• Like (+1) 1

Some TERRIBLE takes on Dak in here. Do you guys actually watch him play? He is better than any QB the bills had the past 20 years INCLUDING Josh Allen (hopefully Josh passes him this year) But no way do you let a QB that good walk nor do you trade him. They could EASILY go a decade before getting another QB ass good or better...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

What about the facts--that Prescott's numbers over the past two seasons are STRONG and also that his overall production improved considerably LAST season--gives people here so much pause? Is it really just that the young, media-derided QB of the Bills went into Dallas on national holiday TV and had an efficient, effective, WINNING game with a signature play or two? 

Prescott didn't play poorly in that game at all, and was in fact far MORE productive. I think his stat-line for that game would give thirsty Bills fans chubbies for days.

So what is it? Why not Prescott? 

(I know his team hasn't won anything forever. What else?)

Dak did what he usually does and padded his stats late when game was already decided.

He was not good whatsoever in that game

9 hours ago, Billl said:

How did he plateau when last season he had far and away the best season of his career?

Best season? The team didn’t make the playoffs, padded stats on an, what, 8 win season is his best? Not  so much, individual stats don’t mean much under that umbrella. 

Look at the “talent” on that team, that’s a bunch of under achievers. 

Edited by Don Otreply