Dallas 175 million 5 year offer to Prescott

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But they’ve drafted extremely well so it offsets it. They will have to continue to do so. They don’t have tough decisions to make on core players. The Bills example that I used earlier is that they have to use a guy like Vosean Joseph instead of paying AJ Klein $6M. The Cowboys aren’t going to have hardly any mid-priced vets. They are going to play young guys in those spots.

The Bills have a lot of guys like Klein, Murphy, Feliciano, Long, Norman, DiMarco, Nsekhe, Butler, Williams, etc.. that the Cowboys won’t have. Those are the types of guys that they will have to play young guys instead of. They aren’t in a position where they have to get rid of guys like Tre, Edmunds, Milano, Diggs, Etc... Those types of players are already under contract for multiple years. The Cowboys has 7 players on the top 100 that Prisco just did. All 7 of those guys will be under contract for at least 3 more years once Dak signs. Their best players aren’t going anywhere. 

I'm not saying that their top paid players have to go.  I'm saying this situation is not typical.

Other teams have tried this tactic in the past with varying success.  If the 'boys want to do this it's up to them.

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I think it's a risky way to construct a team.  

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Cowboys will most likely sign Dak and will get under the cap this season with no problems.

BUT, anyone thinking that their cap situation going forward is "ideal" is not being honest.

Cowboys are extremely top heavy next couple of years.

2021 Cap Hits below.

Dak:  Somewhere around 35 Million.

Cooper:  22 Million

Lawrence:  22 Million

Martin:  15 Million

Elliot:  14 Million

Their 2 Tackles:  25 Million

This is not typical of NFL roster construction.  

It's simple math.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2021/

This is the exact point.  Everyone understands that they already have their primary guys under contract, that does not mean they will be able to keep all the guys they have signed moving forward if they pay Dak  In fact, they for sure will not.  Each of their cap hit increases over the next few years.  Dallas better win it all in the next two years or they are looking at a total and lengthy rebuild.  I would not be putting my chips in Dak's basket but I hope they do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

This is the exact point.  Everyone understands that they already have their primary guys under contract, that does not mean they will be able to keep all the guys they have signed moving forward if they pay Dak  In fact, they for sure will not.  Each of their cap hit increases over the next few years.  Dallas better win it all in the next two years or they are looking at a total and lengthy rebuild.  I would not be putting my chips in Dak's basket but I hope they do.

Technically they could.  Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

I don't see Beane as the type of GM that thinks this is a good strategy and personally I like that.

These QB contracts are what they are and signing Dak or any QB like Dak is a risky proposition for a lot of teams.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not saying that their top paid players have to go.  I'm saying this situation is not typical.

Other teams have tried this tactic in the past with varying success.  If the 'boys want to do this it's up to them.

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I think it's a risky way to construct a team.  

Oh I agree 100%. The middle and back of their roster will be filled with young players. The Cowboys won’t have that vet depth that a lot of teams crave. That’s something that the Bills have mastered at this point (although their cap situation is the reason). In 3 years I would think that the Bills may have a similar roster or they made some hard decisions. The Bills may decide, for example, to let someone like Singletary go after his first deal. They may make the decision that the money be better used spread across multiple guys. The Cowboys basically committed to all of their good players and are riding with them good or bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's not worth it. Let him walk and draft or otherwise sign your next QB.

Should they draft Trevor Lawrence, or would they be better off signing Pat Mahomes?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh I agree 100%. The middle and back of their roster will be filled with young players. The Cowboys won’t have that vet depth that a lot of teams crave. That’s something that the Bills have mastered at this point (although their cap situation is the reason). In 3 years I would think that the Bills may have a similar roster or they made some hard decisions. The Bills may decide, for example, to let someone like Singletary go after his first deal. They may make the decision that the money be better used spread across multiple guys. The Cowboys basically committed to all of their good players and are riding with them good or bad.

Yes, especially the bolded.  These tough "long term" decisions could even start next year.  My example (like your Singletary example) is that

maybe both Dawkins and Milano are not signed next year and only 1 is kept.  I hope both are signed but we will really see Beane's strategy soon.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Yes, especially the bolded.  These tough "long term" decisions could even start next year.  My example (like your Singletary example) is that

maybe both Dawkins and Milano are not signed next year and only 1 is kept.  I hope both are signed but we will really see Beane's strategy soon.

I personally don't think they will sign Milano long term.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:13 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Technically they could.  Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

I don't see Beane as the type of GM that thinks this is a good strategy and personally I like that.

These QB contracts are what they are and signing Dak or any QB like Dak is a risky proposition for a lot of teams.

If Beane is a GM who values cap space over good players like half our fanbase does (luckily I don't think he is) then we are in trouble. 

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I personally don't think they will sign Milano long term.

If Beane is a GM who values cap space over good players like half our fanbase does (luckily I don't think he is) then we are in trouble. 

I do not think a player like Milano will be dumped because of money vs Cap

Dawkins? that is bit more money at a much higher level of importance.
But i think Beane brings in the competition before he he moves on from any player worth a hoot. Milano fits the bill of being a very serviceable player or better.

Dak.

do not care what Cowboys do here. Joneses can be foolish at times. Hope they are foolish again

On 5/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, matter2003 said:

Prescott needs to decide whether he wants the most he can get or winning championships because likely he won't get both. Eating up the cap that much will limit the talent Dallas can out around him.

Who looked better when we played last year? No contest it was Allen.

Who would anybody outside of Buffalo say is the FAR better QB?  Dak and its not close.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

If you believe this you haven’t been paying attention. Collins, Smith and Martin are under contract for multiple years. They just drafted Biadasz to play center since Frederick retired. Why is the OL suffering? Its the same guys for at least 3 seasons.

If only 3 guys made a whole OL.  It is a good nucleus though.    Tyron has missed 3 games hurt the last 4 years and it starting to have back problems.

Biadasz is a rookie, so we really don't know how he's going to pan out right now and leaves a hole at the other guard position.

We shall see how the line holds up.

16 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Who would anybody outside of Buffalo say is the FAR better QB?  Dak and its not close.

Maybe. Maybe not. He needed a lot better weapons than Allen had to really look good. He puts up numbers but he also doesn't look like he can carry the team either when things go haywire.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, HOUSE said:

After re watching the Bills-Cowboys game from last year. I offer 80mil / 5yrs

I just watched this game recently, and it remains to me the game that convinced me that Allen can absolutely be the franchise for this team.  The dude was rock solid virtually the entire game, including (of course() the great fumble, recovery, push for the first down.

But it's tough to get a bigger stage than @ Dallas on Thanksgiving, and the dude never flinched.

In fact, the game made it clear there is MUCH more upside to Allen than the Cowboys will have with Prescott.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just watched this game recently, and it remains to me the game that convinced me that Allen can absolutely be the franchise for this team.  The dude was rock solid virtually the entire game, including (of course() the great fumble, recovery, push for the first down.

But it's tough to get a bigger stage than @ Dallas on Thanksgiving, and the dude never flinched.

In fact, the game made it clear there is MUCH more upside to Allen than the Cowboys will have with Prescott.

Dak flinched on Thanksgiving, Allen flinched in the postseason. 

As nice as the Dallas win was, it was not more important than the Houston game for obvious reasons.

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

As nice as the Dallas win was, it was not more important than the Houston game for obvious reasons.

Post season wins are do or die, so yeah, I get it.  But to suggest Allen was the reason for the post season loss is to suggest Dak was the reason for the Thanksgiving loss.

Not even close. 

Both games had multiple contributors to the wins and losses.

And I stand by my original statement; there is more upside to Allen than Dak Prescott. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Allen was stupidly and unnecessarily put into the position to flinch.  He never should have been passing late in the game with a lead.  We can't pretend that last year's Bills were a Brady in his prime Patriots team where they could just pass at will.  They weren't.  And they didn't need to be in order to secure the lead that Allen was instrumental in getting them.

Allen's lackluster play at the end of the game was a big reason that the Bills lost.  But Daboll's play calling is the only reason there was even a chance of that happening.  

It was pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, Greg S said:

Idiots lol, im cool with it though ??

He wants 45 

????

Time for  a QB salary cap, it will be impossible to field a winning team with them hogging all the money.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Idiots lol, im cool with it though ??

He wants 45 

????

Time for  a QB salary cap, it will be impossible to field a winning team with them hogging all the money.

No. He "wants" a 4 year deal. If the Cowboys are insisting on a 5th year then Dak wants $45m for that 5th year. I don't think he believes for a minute they will pay that so eventually he gets them to agree to a 4 year deal. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Allen was stupidly and unnecessarily put into the position to flinch.  He never should have been passing late in the game with a lead.  We can't pretend that last year's Bills were a Brady in his prime Patriots team where they could just pass at will.  They weren't.  And they didn't need to be in order to secure the lead that Allen was instrumental in getting them.

Allen's lackluster play at the end of the game was a big reason that the Bills lost.  But Daboll's play calling is the only reason there was even a chance of that happening.  

It was pathetic.

Sorry dude, an NFL QB being asked to pass is only “setting them up for failure” if the QB blows it.

I don’t care if you blame Daboll or not, but Allen blew it. Indisputably.