Dallas 175 million 5 year offer to Prescott

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

That point makes no sense. All of their players are signed. Dak is the last one. The supporting cast is signed.

I’m not sure why people are trying to avoid this? Dallas DOESN'T have to sacrifice their elite players for Dak. They already signed them all but he and Vander Esch. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure why people are trying to avoid this? Dallas DOESN'T have to sacrifice their elite players for Dak. They already signed them all but he and Vander Esch. 

It’s just this place. They automatically say pay a QB, never win, never have good players.

Allen will win a Super Bowl and SB MVP in year 4, and when he gets Mahomes money there will be, “I’m worried about our cap!!!!!” posts all over TBD. All hail the cap. Bring back the 2009 Bills with loads of cap. The golden years.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

HE *clap* ISN'T *clap* THAT *clap* GOOD

god, Dallas is dumb. do they enjoy being middle of the pack year after year? Dak is average, an AVERAGE QB....my god, how stupid.

oh well, better for the rest of the league.

1 minute ago, Plano said:

god, Dallas is dumb. do they enjoy being middle of the pack year after year? Dak is average, an AVERAGE QB....my god, how stupid.

Just curious.  What qbs do you think are better than Dak?  

16 minutes ago, Plano said:

Dallas has won more playoff games in the last two years than Buffalo in 20.

• Like (+1) 1

The truth of the matter is if he played for anyone but Dallas or our division opponents we wouldn’t say a word. No one here cared when Goff and Wentz signed their massive extensions. Dak, at this point, is WAY more deserving than both of them. The same goes for Tannehill, Jimmy G and Derek Carr. If we are ranking those guys Dak is 1 at the moment. He was the best bargain in football for 4 years. Now he is going to be paid like all good (and even a lot of average QBs like the others listed here) are. Shortly thereafter Mahomes will get more. Watson will also get more. The next guy gets more than the others in his tier. Don’t be surprised at all if in a year or 2 Allen or Darnold gets a bigger contract than Watson. If Jackson gets a bigger contract than Mahomes it won’t be a surprise either. 

Dak at $35M in 2020 is a no brainer for both sides. They are good with that. Dak at $35m a year in 2024 is the issue. In 2024 a QB of Dak’s caliber will be in the $45-50M a year range. That’s how it works. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s just this place. They automatically say pay a QB, never win, never have good players.

Allen will win a Super Bowl and SB MVP in year 4, and when he gets Mahomes money there will be, “I’m worried about our cap!!!!!” posts all over TBD. All hail the cap. Bring back the 2009 Bills with loads of cap. The golden years.

I think the point is that if you are up against the cap limit you better be a championship contender. And some people believe that if Dallas pays Dak that much money they will not be championship contenders. I don't necessarily agree, I think he's right on the line of QBs that you give massive deals to so I would do it.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think the point is that if you are up against the cap limit you better be a championship contender. And some people believe that if Dallas pays Dak that much money they will not be championship contenders. I don't necessarily agree, I think he's right on the line of QBs that you give massive deals to so I would do it.

They are wrong. They also aren’t looking at Dallas’ roster at all. 

If you don’t think the Dallas roster is ready to compete, they better trade or cut a handful of players before Dak is next on the chopping block. You don’t let the QB walk, and then keep the rest of the talent.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They are wrong. They also aren’t looking at Dallas’ roster at all. 

If you don’t think the Dallas roster is ready to compete, they better trade or cut a handful of players before Dak is next on the chopping block. You don’t let the QB walk, and then keep the rest of the talent.

Well, that's the point. They have $4 million in cap space and they just went 8-8. If they pay Prescott more they have to start cutting people. So now you have an 8-8 roster that could get worse as a result of paying him. I know Prescott was not the main issue last year but people are questioning if he is good enough to take them further than 1 playoff win in 4 years on a contract that will actively make the team worse. And FWIW Cowboys fans are just as torn on the question. Like I said I think he's right on that line. I can understand why the Cowboys are seeking a shorter extension, they're trying to hedge their bet.

Edited by HappyDays

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Well, that's the point. They have $4 million in cap space and they just went 8-8. If they pay Prescott more they have to start cutting people. So now you have an 8-8 roster that could get worse as a result of paying him. I know Prescott was not the main issue last year but people are questioning if he is good enough to take them further than 1 playoff win in 4 years on a contract that will actively make the team worse. And FWIW Cowboys fans are just as torn on the question. Like I said I think he's right on that line. I can understand why the Cowboys are seeking a shorter extension, they're trying to hedge their bet.

WHO?

WHO DO THEY HAVE TO CUT?

Please look at the roster before saying this stuff.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think the point is that you are up against the cap limit you better be a championship contender. And some people believe that if Dallas pays Dak that much money they will not be championship contenders. I don't necessarily agree, I think he's right on the line of QBs that you give massive deals to so I would do it.

I think that is true in most cases with them being an exception. Who specifically does Dallas have to sacrifice now or in the near future in order to pay Dak? This isn’t a Rams scenario or a Falcons scenario. Dallas has 9 of their 10 best players (and maybe beyond that) under contract for the next 3 seasons at least. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just to be clear DAK is seeking the shorter extension. DALLAS wants the 5 years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Ummmm...Is Josh looking to be the highest paid QB in the league?

When he’s eligible for an extension (next year) he will absolutely be looking at a deal in this range if he’s proven to be a franchise guy. If Josh takes another step over the next year (and maybe the year after) we better understand now that Josh Allen will be a $40M(ish) a year QB at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And this is exactly why you need to go all in now.  Those 2nd qb contract murder teams unless you have one of those special guys.  

Haha.  It’s hilarious how Bills fans evaluate their qbs to how they evaluate other teams qbs.  Guy throws for 5000 yards and 36 tds sucks.  We get 200 yards passing, we are awesome.  Such double standards. 

Oh my god, these board is so wild in their qb takes haha

Admittedly, I'm not a true believer in all stats. Wins matter. Look at Winston. Some of his QB stats are gaudy. Got him cut. DP needs to take the money. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When he’s eligible for an extension (next year) he will absolutely be looking at a deal in this range if he’s proven to be a franchise guy. If Josh takes another step over the next year (and maybe the year after) we better understand now that Josh Allen will be a $40M(ish) a year QB at that point.

This topic happens EVERY year.  It's comical.

"At that price I'll raise my hand saying they should have traded him IF (and that is a big IF) they got a good offer for he is not worth $35 million a year.  "

"IMO I think its too much for a guy who isn't a Top 5 QB or a rising star like Mahomes. "

TBD is out here wondering why every good team in the NFL has QB's that are making $35M.  You'd think every high paid QB has missed the playoffs for 17 years straight or something.  Oh wait, that's the teams without QB's WORTH PAYING.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cowboys should let another team pay Prescott 35+M he's looking for.  The can't get to the SB with this guy, this much is clear (see: 2019).  Once they sign him to a giant contract, they are stuck with him middling along for years--un-tradeable

Good to know you’d model your franchise after the Redskins.

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He wants a 4-year deal. I don’t blame him. If they can make year 5 a “player option” I bet he’d jump at it. With the way that the cap grows (although COVID may slow it) he will be a bargain in a few years. He wants one more crack at FA. Like in everything the NFL guys are starting to follow the NBA guy’s lead. Get shorter deals and be a FA multiple times. 

Dak is insane not to accept this contract, or try to get a shorter-contract with the average annual value the same as you suggest.  If he wants to be on himself, fine.  That should work for both Dallas and Dak, IMO.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1