Dallas 175 million 5 year offer to Prescott

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cept its not.....if the "weakness" is QB that Josh Allen is one of our best playmakers.....therefore it is not a weakness.

That was another problem.   Hopefully improved with Diggs and maybe another 3rd round rookie QB.

When your best playmaker is a QB who passed for 20 TDs in a full season, ran for 9, threw 9 ints and had 14 fumbles, it's not unreasonable for an outside observer to conclude that that may be the weak point on the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Jerry Jones is a complete fool if they give him this contract, say goodbye to your cap

for years to come 

If Jerry was smart, he would have traded Dak to Miami for as many #1 picks they could get and take Tua in the draft...  That would have been smart.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  It’s hilarious how Bills fans evaluate their qbs to how they evaluate other teams qbs.  Guy throws for 5000 yards and 36 tds sucks.  We get 200 yards passing, we are awesome.  Such double standards. 

You’re putting words in my mouth and taking what I said out of context. I didn’t say we are awesome. I didn’t even evaluate Josh Allen. 

But if you want to go that route... Josh Allen made the plays he had to this year to get us to the playoffs, and with less on offense at that. He made the plays on thanksgiving. Dak didnt. Dak cost them that game and that’s a big deal because that’s Dallas’ day to own the NFL and even America. 

Dallas has to have a guy that wins that game every year. Asides from the playoffs, it’s their most important game. Imo, he  showed his true worth when he lost that game, the game against NE, and the game against Philly who had a decimated secondary. And guess what.. no way in hell hes worth that much. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Like in everything the NFL guys are starting to follow the NBA guy’s lead. Get shorter deals and be a FA multiple times. 

At the end of Kirk Cousins current deal he will be 34, having made $196 + million in career earnings.  

He played his cards perfectly!

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

At the end of Kirk Cousins current deal he will be 34, having made $196 + million in career earnings.  

He played his cards perfectly!

Yep, he was the first NFL player to really do it. He took the 1-year deals. There was certainly some risk but it worked perfectly. NBA players started doing it about a decade ago and it was brilliant. They would take these shorter deals with a player option as protection. If things got sideways or the guy got hurt he could opt in.

The NFL players take on significantly more risk in that the contracts aren’t guaranteed. These QBs are still willing to risk it to take shorter deals to get that extra bite at the apple. I’m betting that Mahomes does the same. In the old days though guys wanted that 6-year Sam Bradford contract. Now they’d rather sign multiple contracts in a 6-year span as the cap continues to increase.

• Like (+1) 2

The biggest contracts should go to the best players, not JUST the most RECENT deals. Pay Dak what he wants and you can’t afford football players around him. I know the cap (historically, pre-Covid) rises and this may look cheap down the road.  I don’t think he’s THAT much better than Dalton. I’m NOT paying him like he’s the best player in the league, because he’s not. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Aaaaand this is why the Cowboys will eternally be in cap hell with Jerruh steering the ship. 

They are actually fine. Dak is pretty much their last core player that hasn’t signed their second contract. They have actually down a fantastic job of cap management. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are actually fine. Dak is pretty much their last core player that hasn’t signed their second contract. They have actually down a fantastic job of cap management. 

If you like high paid players that get you 7-9, 8-8, or possibly 9-7 records every season. They better fudge the money on that Dak contract somehow because it's gonna put them right on the brink for a couple of years at least. They also better hope that Garrett was the problem. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

You’re putting words in my mouth and taking what I said out of context. I didn’t say we are awesome. I didn’t even evaluate Josh Allen. 

But if you want to go that route... Josh Allen made the plays he had to this year to get us to the playoffs, and with less on offense at that. He made the plays on thanksgiving. Dak didnt. Dak cost them that game and that’s a big deal because that’s Dallas’ day to own the NFL and even America. 

Dallas has to have a guy that wins that game every year. Asides from the playoffs, it’s their most important game. Imo, he  showed his true worth when he lost that game, the game against NE, and the game against Philly who had a decimated secondary. And guess what.. no way in hell hes worth that much. 

Did you know that there was a season before last year?

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

The biggest contracts should go to the best players, not JUST the most RECENT deals. Pay Dak what he wants and you can’t afford football players around him. I know the cap (historically, pre-Covid) rises and this may look cheap down the road.  I don’t think he’s THAT much better than Dalton. I’m NOT paying him like he’s the best player in the league, because he’s not. 

You’re ignoring the realty of the NFL and sports in general. The biggest contracts are always the latest. It’s the same with pitchers in MLB. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

If you like high paid players that get you 7-9, 8-8, or possibly 9-7 records every season. They better fudge the money on that Dak contract somehow because it's gonna put them right on the brink for a couple of years at least. They also better hope that Garrett was the problem. :thumbsup:

What I’m saying is that they don’t have “tough decisions ahead.” They managed to make them all already and are in great shape. If the Bills are able to retain their core like Dallas did we should build a statue for Beane. They’ve done EXACTLY what we hope we will be able to do in 2 or 3 years. Vander Esch is the last “must sign” guy out there and he’s still there for 2 more years assuming they exercise his option.

I know it’s fun to hate on the Cowboys but we really should be envious of the way that they navigated this. If they continue to draft as they have they will be good for a while. God willing the Bills will be able to retain: Josh, Diggs, Tre, Edmunds, Dawkins, Milano, Singletary, Oliver and whomever else develops into a young core piece. That’s basically what Dallas has been able to do over the last couple of years.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re ignoring the realty of the NFL and sports in general. The biggest contracts are always the latest. It’s the same with pitchers in MLB. 

No, the R. Wilson contract is pretty recent, and Dak can’t touch his ability. I’m not ignoring anything. I think QB is easier to replace than it was a decade ago. Kids prepare and are ready earlier. I feel you can’t cripple a team by being anchored in place with a HUGE QB contract for a slightly above average QB. 

Look, I’m a guy who would let Bruce Smith sit when he wanted a new contract, right after getting a new contract. Dalton is NOT a $30 million drop off from Dak. Field a better team, win more games.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

What a joke. Dude has won NOTHING but wants it all. Has one of the top O-Lines, Top receivers, and top RB. Gee, how good would he be with lesser talent around him? 

I know, I know, " I don't blame him. It's a tough sport. Short career. Blah blah blah..".

I hope Jerry stands his ground. 

• Like (+1) 1