Murphy Out at One Bills Live - Brown and Glab to Replace

May Day, I’ll take it farther, I’d be fine with rotating, Sal, Murph, Glabb, and Browny so you get different points of view and keep it fresh.  I like Brown and don’t think he just says the company line, but of the above list, I like Sal the most as he seems to be the most honest, has the most info., and gives a very interesting opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

Show seems to be doing ok, does make it difficult to keep the listeners engaged with no mini camps or even rookie camps to have some actual football to discuss and dissect. I’m sure once the camps open it will gain some stem and fall into a nice groove. JMO

• 1 month later...

Team Brown, I like him. Don't know much about Glab.

I don't think Murph needs to be doing this anymore. Play by play is all he needs to be doing now, he can come on the show to give insight but he don't need to be spending 3 hours a day doing this anymore.

Edited by TBBills

I was flipping the stations one day last week when she was on.  Gave her a 1/2 hour before turning it off.  She kind of sounds like she is in pain when talking.  Like someone is twisting her arm to the point where it hurts.  ?

Edited by LabattBlue

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ole’ Chris “General Platitudes” Brown.

The guy simply repeats old football cliches from the 8,000 bad coaches we’ve had over the years.

Establish the run, pick your poison, the jump from Year One to Year Two, etc.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but be that as it may, it is what most every team employed sportscaster does, if truly independent reporting is what you seek you are likely to be disappointed, unless you happen to like a particular style/spin. Imo all the shows out there suck from time to time, you can only repeat the same old info in so many ways before its stale, no matter who’s doing it, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I can only listen when Brown is on, I have to turn it off when Glab is on, she is so annoying. Tasker is still terrible after all the years talking into a mic.

I don't mind Tasker.  I don't think he is great but I find very little about him to not like.

Glab...wow, where to go. It seems she is a nice person. She seems to work hard at what she does and seems to to her research.   I think she is great as the person to do quick TV or video spots interviewing players and the like..BUT, I have a hard time with her on a radio show like this. 

It isn't her fault, but her voice is just very hard to listen to for anything more than a minute or two...and her personality, while fun, is more suited to a goofy morning drive-time radio talk show than it is a show like this.  I hope she keeps her job with the Bills, does sideline stuff, video segments...and is on call for EMERGENCY fill ins for the radio show, but the full time 12-3pm show isn't a good permanent gig for her.

I used to listen to One Bills Live when Murph was on.  People didn’t like him but he carried the co-host - whether it was Donald Jones or Steve Tasker.

I listened a few times since Brown took over and the show has been bad.  I can’t listen to it.  While they still get good interviews it’s painful to hear Brown and Tasker conduct interviews.

Again, say what you will about Murphy be he made the show better 

They tried to force the young lady on their audience and it did not work we can only wish her the best in her future. The idea of a female co host is not a bad one as you only have to listen to leafs lunch on 1050 tsn as she is a joy to listen to. The old saying is that you get what you pay for is so true

Don't see much of a difference between murphy and brown both boring company men.

I do however hold a grudge against brown for likely having a large hand in killing the original message board on the main site.

• Like (+1) 2