Murphy Out at One Bills Live - Brown and Glab to Replace

46 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re welcome to your opinion -not that anybody agrees with you. Read below to see how an intelligent post is compromised.

Insightful. Thank you.

Seems like more agree with my “unintelligent” take than with that guy who said Chris Brown is “the best locally.”

?

11 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

So was the Fabulous Sports Babe .... but when you saw her picture?  ???

What!?!? I thought she was a babe this whole time!  I was thinking a Pam Anderson type

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Well a lot of people here will be happy (including me)  but will have to find another whipping boy now that Murph is stepping down . I wonder if the Peg's didn't want Murph back as the radio guy ? ? 

Browny has a really good football mind IMHO but i know there are those here that will bash him just because that's they way they are  .

I look forward to CB's take Matty i'm not real sure of but we shall see . At least i'm not going to bash them with out giving them a shot .

We bash Brown because he very rarely offers anything insightful.  He loves every move and every  coaching GM hire.  It’s hard to take him serious.

Edited by Phil The Thrill

7 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Seems like more agree with my “unintelligent” take than with that guy who said Chris Brown is “the best locally.”

?

What!?!? I thought she was a babe this whole time!  I was thinking a Pam Anderson type

We bash Brown because he very rarely offers anything insightful.  He loves every move and every  coaching GM hire.  It’s hard to take him serious.

I think you are mistaken. There are a few loud posters who don't like Brown (the same ones who never listen to the show anyways because they think it is propaganda) but most DO like him.

He does his homework and knows the team in and out. He is fairly knowledgeable about other teams in the NFL. His takes on players and coaches are generally sound, unlike Murphy sometimes or especially Tasker. He pays attention at practices and events and reports good insight.

He is a homer and focuses on the positives, but I'm not going to fault someone for liking the Bills and not focusing on the negatives. There are PLENTY of radio shows that bash the Bills and ignore the good things about them.

And I don't know what this obsession is with asking "hard ball" questions in press conferences, like it should be a journalist's job to anger and trip up those who they are interviewing. This is football, not politics. It's entertainment. Coaches are so guarded I don't really think it matters what they are asked.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I spent the entire off season hoping the Bills would jump Maddy Glab but now they gave her a raise...

Maybe next year she will own the freaking team

I’m guessing the bolded part was a Freudian slip..?

• Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

It's the right time for Murph to leave the day-to-day grind.    IMO, his heart hasn't been in it in recent years.    Like most older guys, it gets harder and harder to be motivated and not just phone it in (i.e., Vic Carucci, Peter King, Chris Berman, me, myself and I, etc).

Back in the day, One-On-One Sports was the gold standard of radio sports talk.   It's a shame that younger fans never got to hear Murph when he brought his "A" Game--which was every bit as good as any national host--every night.   Those were special times that I'll always remember fondly...

And, the best of that was Monday Evening Quarterback with Larry Felser the night after a Bills game.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Who here really thinks the new combo will be worse than the afternoon insufferability of Schopp & the Bulldog? I will go on record as an out-of-towner saying I will miss the current OBL show, but will give Brown and Glab a chance (I think we will get manifestly deeper day to day Bills content from the insider Brown as added benefit), as they deserve at  least that in this new forum. But if I had to replace Murph, I prolly would've moved Sal over to anchor the time slot with Brown or Tasker, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Murphy, found him genuine, and will miss him. 

Tasker leads his sources and has no clue how to interview people. It's fun to hear his insight as a former Bills great. But, yeah, he's a brutal interviewer. The woist.

Brown—meh. He's basically a PR guy and a bit vanilla to me. Not bad. But I'm not sure if I'm going to tune in every week to listen to him. 

4 hours ago, T master said:

Well a lot of people here will be happy (including me)  but will have to find another whipping boy now that Murph is stepping down . I wonder if the Peg's didn't want Murph back as the radio guy ? ? 

Browny has a really good football mind IMHO but i know there are those here that will bash him just because that's they way they are  .

I look forward to CB's take Matty i'm not real sure of but we shall see . At least i'm not going to bash them with out giving them a shot .

Fairly certain that Maddy will be the new target.

They’re blastable based on past experience 

48 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Sounds like mutual parting of the ways.  

Murph made the right call.    It must be a real drag to be a sports talk host when there's nothing to talk about.  

Right, Schopp?...

23 hours ago, MJS said:

Brown is awesome, but Glab is useless.

I like Brown also.

Glab I won't call useless. I don't mind her thoughts and I think she is good at her job....just her voice..it is hard to listen to.  I KNOW that isn't 'politically correct' to say, but honestly after hearing her for more than 5 or 10 minutes I turn the channel, usually to 590 out of Toronto. Its not what she says..or that she is  woman...just her voice is hard for me to listen to.

• Like (+1) 2