Murphy Out at One Bills Live - Brown and Glab to Replace

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Brown is awesome, but Glab is useless.

Chris Brown is terrible.  Worse than John Murphy

The fact that there are people in here who are stanning for Chris Brown is mind boggling.  He rarely offers any insight and his takes are so boring and uninteresting.  He’s a less charismatic and entertaining version of John Murphy.

Edited by Phil The Thrill

Chris Brown is OBD's public mouthpiece, and has been for years.  He says exactly what he's told to say, and does exactly what he's told to do.  He does not deviate from the script.  He is the perfect company man.

Now, that is not to say that he never says anything interesting.  When coaches want to send a message to a player, or there is something the organization wants publicly known but they can't have McBeane go right out and say it, Brown will be the vehicle to deliver the news.

All of that said, that makes him the perfect host of this show.  One Bills Live is basically the team's 3 hour propaganda extravaganza.

• Like (+1) 2

And you thought John Murphy was homer radio.

Chris Brown?

The guy who asks the most powderpuff, pillow fight questions after games.

I never listen to OBL because I don’t learn anything new, and with Chris Brown leading the show now I have even less interest in hearing him repeat the general platitudes and cliches that he has learned to repeat over the years from the all the Coaches he has outlived over the years.

Chris loves everyone, every Coach, every QB, every system. The Bills are always on the verge of winning according to Chris.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love Murph. He has managed Tasker as well as possible (and that’s a tall order...and I give Tasker a significant amount of leeway for his contributions back in the day). 

The guy knows Bills history unbelievably well and can draw on it at will.

Glabb and Chris will not hold a candle, in my opinion.

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

None of them really bring any energy.... I wish they’d bring in a voice that has life behind it.

Sounds like you guys need Greg Papa to return to his Buffalo roots..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought Murphy was alright.  Tasker is brutal.

Brown I kind of like to listen to but Glab IMO is terrible.  Nothing personal against her, just something about the voice and cadence......whenever she was a guest on the John Murphy show it was always......"Alexa.....off"

Hopefully she'll improve in her new role.

• Like (+1) 1

If I had my ‘druthers’, Murph would be out of the broadcast booth and keep the day job. But I’ve felt this way since the day he took over from Van.

Brown is good -probably the best locally. But he comes off as a know-it-all and looks like the last kid picked in pick up games.

I guess I’m in the minority all around as I like Maddie (y?)

• Like (+1) 1

I get that Murphy has his detractors and it's not that I think he is a great listen but I'll admit that there's something about this that makes me a little sad.  Murph is the classic old timer that you could picture as someone's Grandpa talking Bills football with at a family Christmas gathering or meeting at a bar.  He might come across a bit stubborn or pessimistic but he was definitely an old school Bills guy.  He's part of a dying breed.  Sports coverage has been changing dramatically over the last five years and it makes me sad knowing we will be going forward with the likes of Maddy Glab who isn't from Buffalo, doesn't know a thing about the Bills or football in general and makes you wonder why the hell she even has the job in the first place lol.  Chris Brown? Meh.  I like Sal and he knows his stuff and I enjoy listening to him but once again he doesn't have that old school feel that I was accustomed to listening to growing up.  It's crazy how fast times flying by and things are changing these days

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

I thought Murphy was alright.  Tasker is brutal.

Brown I kind of like to listen to but Glab IMO is terrible.  Nothing personal against her, just something about the voice and cadence......whenever she was a guest on the John Murphy show it was always......"Alexa.....off"

Hopefully she'll improve in her new role.

I predict the Bills fire her after this coming season 

The other night, I watched the Fitzpatrick roast of Fred Jackson (yep... I am that deep into missing sports...), and Murphy introduced Fitz. I was actually blown away at how witty, and probably not-radio-friendly, some of Murph's quips were. He had me LOLing a few times, no doubt.

It makes me agree with many on here that maybe the three hour propaganda fest, and some of the callers who had next to nothing to say, were wearing on Murph. He may be a homer, but he kinda is paid to be, and you never doubted that he loved the Bills (compare him to Mike "I enjoy peering at pictures of Tom Brady by candlelight, while touching my nether regions" RODENT, covering us for ESPN...). I have to say thanks for the years of service. 

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If I had my ‘druthers’, Murph would be out of the broadcast booth and keep the day job. But I’ve felt this way since the day he took over from Van.

Brown is good -probably the best locally. But he comes off as a know-it-all and looks like the last kid picked in pick up games.

I guess I’m in the minority all around as I like Maddie (y?)

Chris Brown is “the best locally?”  I feel there are a lot of good reporters who cover the Bills beat....he is not one of them.

Edited by Phil The Thrill

So we won’t hear John breathing into the mic when other people are talking for the entire show anymore. 

He is one guy that I’ve never heard a nice thing about. I’ve crossed paths with him a few times in east aurora.  He plowed into me while walking backwards shortly after I had back surgery and got mad at me as I’m on the ground in pain. The guy he was with stopped and apologized for him as John is rushing away. 

His stat guy worked with my mom and we saw him leaving a preseason game. Her co-worker was like hey come over and meet John Murphy. John huffs and says I’m not Fing talking to them.

Friend worked for delaware north at stadium and served him often. He said he wanted to throw his food in his face everyday because he’s such a POS. Talks down to everyone, has an attitude, thinks he’s better than everyone. Said everyone in the building hates him. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1