Murphy Out at One Bills Live - Brown and Glab to Replace

Murph has never endeared himself to me as the Bills play-by-play guy.  Never.  As the Bills enter a new era of greatness they should look to upgrade their broadcaster as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Murphy and Tasker were a train wreck every time I tried to listen to the show.

Murphy is not up to date with what is happening enough, and Tasker is just clueless.  They spent more time arguing about stuff that wasn't even true.  Murphy would bring up some rumor from 5 days ago, Tasker would get all mad about something that isn't even happening, and Murphy would just turn into a grumpy old man.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They need to replace him as play by play, too.

He's horrible.

Touchdown touchdown touchdown...Shady touchdown touchdown.  

Put him out to pasture.  Just because he has been there a long time, doesn’t mean he deserves to continue as long as he wants. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I figured Brown and Glab would share hosting duties with Brown generally handling more shows.  Task would remain the co-host.  

Let's hope Glab is only on rarely.

Brown and Tasker would be ok. I'd rather it be Brown and someone else, though. Eric Wood would be better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Murphy and Tasker just seem to go through the motions on the show.  Its a same tired plug and play formula every day and a boring listen.  Poll of the day to drive the day's discussion with callers.... the "Tweet Sheet", etc.  Wouldnt be surprised if Murphy is just bored with it and is at an age where he is looking to get away from the daily grind.  

Brown is always good when he is on.  

I don't mind Glab on the occasional appearance or hosting.  She is kind of the 'noob' to the area and team so its kind of fun hearing people fill her in and hearing her perspective as a Buffalo/Bills outsider.    I think its going to be terrible on a full-time basis.  

I dont mind Murphy as pbp, but I dont think he is particularly good either.  He does a terrible job of painting a picture for each play.   He doesnt do a good job of describing distance.  A pass could be 3 yards or 30 and you dont know for a little bit.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I still really like Murph and over the last few years I've gotten many hours of enjoyment listening to the show while taking my walks. I'm even pretty fond of Tasker, though I admit his sentences often change direction in pretty perplexing ways.

Brown often has good insight, so I enjoy him in short bursts. I'm a little skeptical about listening to him for three hours at a time, though. Guess we'll see.

^^^^spot on post, same here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t care losing murphy as much as I hate that Glab is there to replace him.  She’s terrible.  Sorry to those that I offend. I’d much rather listen to Murphy’s voice than hers. ???

Edited by NewEra
They’d be better off hiring Rico or Diamond Dave
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t mind Brown, and Tasker is fine with me, but if he’s gone, that’s too bad.  I know a lot of people don’t like it, but not a big to me.  Glad is fine for a filler, but a three hour host seems a bit much to me.  She also has everything scripted with her trivia questions, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I still really like Murph and over the last few years I've gotten many hours of enjoyment listening to the show while taking my walks. I'm even pretty fond of Tasker, though I admit his sentences often change direction in pretty perplexing ways.

Brown often has good insight, so I enjoy him in short bursts. I'm a little skeptical about listening to him for three hours at a time, though. Guess we'll see.

Yeah, agree with this.  Tasker has really grown on me.  I legitimately wonder sometimes if he has CTE issues because he does lose his thoughts, midstream quite often.  I do think he has some good perspective though.  He has gotten better.  

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yeah, agree with this.  Tasker has really grown on me.  I legitimately wonder sometimes if he has CTE issues because he does lose his thoughts, midstream quite often.  I do think he has some good perspective though.  He has gotten better.  

I've noticed this as well, it reminds me to a lesser extent of how Ditka puts together his choppy and half complete sentences. I don't mean this negatively FWIW--and I also agree that he has good perspectives along the way.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Murph has never endeared himself to me as the Bills play-by-play guy.  Never.  As the Bills enter a new era of greatness they should look to upgrade their broadcaster as well.

Agree but Eric wood was awesome I thought 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I respect Murph because of his passion for the Bills, but his play-by-play leaves a lot to be desired. As I've said before, we used to turn the TV down and listen to Van Miller call the game (even listen to him at the stadium while watching), but I would never do that with Murph. He lacks any real talent for calling the big plays.

• Like (+1) 2