NFL testing helmet masks?

14 hours ago, Paulus said:

balaclava*

I did include a pic. 

F****** stupid food.

But awesome when properly made. They taste much better than those fruity scarfs.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, keepthefaith said:

Dumb.  Test the players a couple times per week. 

I don't think its dumb, and why not do both?

Some sort of covering actually on the helmet face mask, while not impeding breathing, would only benefit the individual.

Additionally, people are getting confused that you get this through sweat, which you don't.  

Pile ups...OK, maybe an issue, but again it is not like these guys are face to face over an extending period of time.  

22 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Since the emerging science tells us that Covid-19 is primarily spread through respiratory droplets, a modified mask would be a huge help.

Here's what it could look like.  

NFL-2020-Chicago-Bears-COVID-helmet.png?resize=620%2C400&ssl=1

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/is-that-what-an-nfl-covid-19-helmet-could-look-like/

It looks like our players will  be doing motocross after the game is over. 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, Big Gun said:

When will people learn that masks do not work!

[Mod Edit:
Hi, if you wish general discussion of covid and recent learnings, the OTW covid discussion thread and the PPP covid threads are at your service.

I would personally be very interested in your references that masks do not work, should you choose to share it in the OTW threads.

Review: https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v2

Google doc with links to more research: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLrm0pqBN_5bdyysOeoOBX4pt4oFDBhsC_jpblXpNtQ/edit#heading=h.9yzpxufkt5ow

Please try to keep discussion on TSW as football-relevant, which general discussion of masks not working is not. 

Thanks!]

This is such anti-scientific BS wrapped in data to make dumb people feel smart. The virus doesn't travel around the world at its size. It does so in respiratory droplets which are far, far larger than indicated. Masks absolutely work

Signed,
Every country that isn't America.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is such anti-scientific BS wrapped in data to make dumb people feel smart. The virus doesn't travel around the world at its size. It does so in respiratory droplets which are far, far larger than indicated. Masks absolutely work

Signed,
Every country that isn't America.

No, all the medical experts are in on a conspiracy. They want to trick us into wearing masks so they can.. uh... make us look dumb?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

No, all the medical experts are in on a conspiracy. They want to trick us into wearing masks so they can.. uh... make us look dumb?

That's what i thought until i saw a pixelated screenshot from facebook. Now I don't know what to think.

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Ok, I’m all about the Predatorlook as fun.  Can you imagine the entire defense wearing these things.  All kidding aside, if these masks previously depicted work, and proven and don’t reduce oxygen intake, why not.  I don’t also see why they don’t have those long sleeve shirts underarmour thing, and gloves to increase protection if it really helps.  I don’t care about inconvenience if they are more safe for them and their families and friends.

I would add, why not add just a little time for young guys to bring out a fresh, clean towel after each play if the team adapts to a no huddle and wipe off and then cleaned.  Whatever helps these guys out for now until we have a vaccine.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:23 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Are they going to fit the helmets with a vacuum pump that sucks all carbon dioxide out?

Can you imagine a big name going down because they couldn't get enough oxygen in and CO2 out?

Would they just call it brain or heart cramps if it did happen to minimize the bad PR?

What if it happened to McCaffery? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Haze_21 said:

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's what i thought until i saw a pixelated screenshot from facebook. Now I don't know what to think.

Come on sheeple, pay attention to what is going on around you!  The masks are to keep the 5g poisoning inside of your respiratory system. That is why there is a right way and a wrong way to put a mask on. If it is just the same all the way through, why would they even have a "backwards or forwards". Wake up!

Also Ron Paul said stuff. AND my neighbor is an audiologist, I know its basically just a graduate degree, but she makes everybody call her doctor, so I know what I am talking about!

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I don't think its dumb, and why not do both?

Some sort of covering actually on the helmet face mask, while not impeding breathing, would only benefit the individual.

Additionally, people are getting confused that you get this through sweat, which you don't.  

Pile ups...OK, maybe an issue, but again it is not like these guys are face to face over an extending period of time.  

So how does a mask that doesnt impede your breathing do anything to filter the air droplets you are expelling? 

3 hours ago, Rico said:

What if it happened to McCaffery? 

First of all I would suck the Covid right out but that's another story...

OK, put them in plastic bubbles ASAP!!! 

His new nickname will be BubbleBoy because he is dreamy like Jake Gyllenhaal and also because of that?...:wub:

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Lol ?, I have to wear a N95 mask while repairing inside meter sets and can barely breathe. I can't see any NFL player wearing one and not passing out after 2 plays.

Fake news... your oxygen and CO2 ratios are perfect, just keep telling your heart, lungs and brain that you won't pass out and it'll make it all better.?

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Lol ?, I have to wear a N95 mask while repairing inside meter sets and can barely breathe. I can't see any NFL player wearing one and not passing out after 2 plays.

I don't believe they would pass out, but I do believe it would interfere with their peak athletic performance, and that they would find it hella uncomfortable

The efficiency of an N95 also depends upon it making a seal.  Part of full fit testing of a HCW is to simulate job duties (bend, turn head, etc) and when that's done, a lot of masks that initially seemed reasonable in fit don't cut it.  I can not imagine an effective fit on a player undergoing the physical violence of an NFL play.

That said I think they're intending some kind of plastic shield/filter combination.  Still liable to leave players feeling breathless

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't believe they would pass out, but I do believe it would interfere with their peak athletic performance, and that they would find it hella uncomfortable

The efficiency of an N95 also depends upon it making a seal.  Part of full fit testing of a HCW is to simulate job duties (bend, turn head, etc) and when that's done, a lot of masks that initially seemed reasonable in fit don't cut it.  I can not imagine an effective fit on a player undergoing the physical violence of an NFL play.

That said I think they're intending some kind of plastic shield/filter combination.  Still liable to leave players feeling breathless

I remember reading months ago that the league was working with Oakley on this exact type of thing. Haven't heard anything since though.

31 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

So how does a mask that doesnt impede your breathing do anything to filter the air droplets you are expelling? 

Because it is away from your face, in the grid work of the helmet face shield.  Like the representation of the Chicago Bears helmet mock up in this thread.

...and our masks today aren't full proof, and I am not saying this are necessarily, either.  However, the question is why not still try?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts