NFL.com: "Which coach has the best chance to win 1st SB?"

https://www.nfl.com/news/which-nfl-head-coach-has-best-chance-to-win-first-super-bowl?campaign=Twitter_atn

NATE BURLESON:  The two coaches who come to mind are Bruce Arians and Sean McDermott... While the Bucs have a veteran-driven roster, McDermott's Buffalo Bills are young and hungry. Without Brady dominating the AFC East, winning the division title this season will skyrocket the team's confidence. Plus, the Bills have a run game featuring second-year back Devin Singletary that could carry them through the playoffs.

STEVE SMITH SR.: The powers have shifted in the AFC East. The Patriots are without Tom Brady and the Buffalo Bills are hungrier than ever. The Bills have made the playoffs two of the last three years, and this 2020 squad will be the best product Sean McDermott has put out on the field. They got a whole lot better this offseason, trading for wide receiver Stefon Diggs and loading up in the draft. This is a balanced team, one that is built to play on Super Bowl Sunday.

4 Votes for Kyle Shannahan, 1 for Arians, and 2 for Sean McDermott.... The coach of the Buffalo Bills.... 

2020 in a gif:

giphy.gif 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

insert obligatory F*** Tom Brady 

The media keeps pushing the reason that the Bills are contenders now, is because Cry Baby has left the division.

BULL! The Bills could win the division even if he hadn't left.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The media keeps pushing the reason that the Bills are contenders now, is because Cry Baby has left the division.

BULL! The Bills could win the division even if he hadn't left.

I wonder if the reason for that has anything to do with the Bills record against the Pats, in the last few years as well as the last 20.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Don't mind Nate Burleson, but nothing that comes out of Steve Smith's mouth should be taken seriously.

I would rather listen to him than Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis constantly rant about the Cowboys and Ravens like they do on Inside the NFL.

Well, no hesitation, but growing up in Buffalo (my by far first team) and living the last half of my life in Tampa, selfishly would love to see this game and yes root 1 million % for the Bills.  I would love for the Bucs to at least get there.  That would be fun.  As much as I hate to admit I have to root for Brady living here, that day would wish for a 4 sack day for Brady, and not wrap up but slam him.

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would rather listen to him than Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis constantly rant about the Cowboys and Ravens like they do on Inside the NFL.

I wouldn't, but they are all pretty bad.

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Time to lock/delete this old thread, it's now obvious that Steve Smith really knows his stuff.

Nothing has changed. Smith is still an idiot.

I don't mean to temper expectations, because I basically predict a championship every year, but this season feels like a total crapshoot to me: like it could be Colts/Falcons in the Super Bowl. 

There are SO many variables impacting the season that we've never really seen before. Off the top of my head:

• Who's going to come in out of shape? (to be honest... Josh Allen looks slightly beefy in the videos I've seen. He's trending more towards a Big Ben build than a Cam Newton build. That might not be a bad thing, but...)
  • Which rookies are going to struggle learning the schemes?
  • Which veteran acquisitions are going to struggle learning the schemes?
  • Will injuries impact teams more because guys are out of shape?
  • How will road games and new travel/hotel requirements affect teams?
  • What if there is a layoff at some point during the season?
  • Remember AB's helmet fiasco? Call him crazy if you want, but these guys have turned their bodies into multi-million dollar machines. The slightest changes have impacts. How will having a face mask grafted into their visor impact their play?
  • How are guys doing mentally? Who's scared of this virus? Who doesn't want to play? Who doesn't want to be around their team mates? Who's going to complain to the NFLPA that they want to meet remotely instead of in person?
  • Which veterans that are at the end of their career are thinking "is this worth it" and might not risk playing through injuries like they once might have?
  • Which coaches are going to reduce their hours because their wives are begging them to stay home and be safe?
  • What happens with no crowd noise and home fields impacting the refs? 
  • Do night games become more of a hassle without the atmosphere? Does it work against Buffalo to have so many this year?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere else ad nauseam, but I think prognosticating on this season is a futile effort. I'd love to see the Bills do well, and I think they have a great team, but.. BUT... if for some reason they go 6-10 and Miami wins the division... I'm definitely NOT going to be in the "Josh isn't the guy/McDermott needs to be ***** canned" camp. I think whatever happens this year, is pretty well exclusive to this year. It's a season in isolation.

Edited by JohnnyGold
  • Like (+1) 1