Ranking the Best Running Back Tandems in the NFL: Matt Miller, Bleacher Report

3 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

You shouldn’t defend the gore rating because of what he did 5+ years ago... if a team signs Jim Brown right now, would you defend the ranking if he was listed above current RBs? If you watched Gore last year, you would see that he’s past his prime by a LONG shot! Being an ultimate pro doesn’t mean a diddle if he still can’t produce... which he can’t. He’s even a terrible 3rd and short RB. He literally has zero value on the field... in the locker room is a different story(maybe he should coach). But to use his name as any credibility of a productive tandem running the ball is bonkers at this point in his career. 

Wait is Jim Brown available? Have you seen his guns? ? I do believe Gore is better than he showed the last 6 weeks. I understand your point but believe he helps in ways beyond his yards only.

The way people evaluate players is incredibly inconsistent.  In the case of the NY Jets, they gave LaVeon Bell a pass for a horrible season in 2019 and looked at Frank "Older than Dirt" Gore as a positive addition to the team that will make them better.  We'll have to see if Bell can bounce back, but I sure don't see it as a sure thing.  If Bell isn't good for 1200+ yards this season, there's no freaking way the Jets are anywhere close to #3.  I can accept Buffalo's low rating as Singletary's late surge last season may not have been enough to warrant a lofty projection this season, and Zach Moss as a rookie is something of an unknown, but there's some crazy thinking in that list (like Washington having a blank spot that gets ranked even with Moss).

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m really happy with our group here. We have two of the best young RB’s in the league. Every carry they’re going for at least 4.

I love our potential but you got to slow your roll

I think Moss is going to be great but to call him one of the best young running backs in the league already is crazy

By that thinking every running back taken in the second or third round in the last two or three years is one of the best young running backs in the league

There's a lot of good backs in this league,  he needs to carry the rock before we can call him one of the best young backs

Edited by Buffalo716

The scoring is very fair. They underrate us because of a lot of unknowns.

So let's run it down their throats and laugh at this clown at the end of the year. I want to see Moss square up a CB, its borderline euphoric to think about.

I was pretty sure that Miller thought very highly of the Moss pick.  So, looking at the article, I see the rankings are a composite result from multiple sources.  This seems like a better way to do it but it also makes Matt Miller less to blame for the final result.  

I think 25 is reasonable to start but with a very real likelihood that they could be much higher by season's end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I was pretty sure that Miller thought very highly of the Moss pick.  So, looking at the article, I see the rankings are a composite result from multiple sources.  This seems like a better way to do it but it also makes Matt Miller less to blame for the final result.  

I think 25 is reasonable to start but with a very real likelihood that they could be much higher by season's end.

Agreed.  Bills RB group has a lot to prove. Is Moss fast enough to play in the NFL (Pac-12 run defense is awful)? Can Singletary keep up his high YPC when he is the feature back and will he stay healthy? Who is the third RB?  And of course, why is DiMarco still on the team and why was he featured in the Houston game????  Oh dam, that was a bit of PTSD....

On 5/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, whatdrought said:

File this one under "umm, wat?" 

I usually like Miller but there are some real head scratchers here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892620-ranking-the-nfls-top-backfield-duos-for-2020?share=twitter

Biggest takeaway: Bills ranked 25th which seems low, though I understand it's a tiny / non-existent sample size so I won't go to the grave fighting that. However... The Jets tandem of Bell and Gore as the third best in the league really makes the rest of the article a joke. 3.4 yards per carry combined. COMBINED!

Stopped reading after #1 wasn't McCaffrey by himself.

I've defended Gore a decent amount around here and Rumblings...he was legitimately an adequate starter most of the year before he gassed out and became pretty much useless as a runner down the stretch. Certainly did not have the space to operate in that Singletary had just due to the personnel on the field when Gore got his carries. Singletary proved he was substantially better down the stretch though even when you account for the context around their carries.

And having said all that, Gore is tied for the 28th best RB in the league by these ratings...that just doesn't make any sense at all. I also just can't fathom how anyone would rank Lynn Bowden, a WR/QB that is transitioning to RB this year, ahead of Moss. Even more shocking because I know Miller liked Moss as a prospect.

Keeping Bell as a fringe top 10 back is whatever...the Jets were an absolute mess last year and he did the best he could in that awful situation. But some of these ratings just don't make sense at all.

Edited by DCOrange

If another team had a smaller guy who got hurt and has never been the guy and had 700 yards and a rookie ranked high, we would think it was terrible.

that said, DS looks legit (need to manage his touches though because he won’t last) and I loved Moss in college.  So I feel good about the future but they haven’t really proven anything yet.  

I wouldn't put a ton of faith in that assessment of the Bills running game especially after what Singletary did last year & him knowing the offensive scheme better this yr than last not to mention O line continuity .

Ranking the best RB tandem is a pretty useless article especially at this time of year.

As for the Bills and their RB/FB situation going into Training camp/Preseason I think it will be very interesting going forward.

I see Devin and Moss as the only 2 locks.  It should be very competitive for the rest of the roster spots.