A sign that this is the Bills year

This makes about as much sense as the patriots becoming a dynasty after 9/11.

Or the Cubs winning the world series because Obama was the president.

Ya know what, I like how you think.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
gratuitous political reference
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

In this crazy time and while we are all hoping for a full NFL season, I've found a sign from above that this will be Buffalo's year.  

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/05/21/woman-attacked-by-bison-at-yellowstone/24376714/

Seriously, stay safe everyone!  Go Bills!

Ha!  You know there's a joke about the Buffalonian who dies and goes to hell but is so happy he draws the devil's personal attention to try to make him sad?

It ends with the guy euphoric and dancing about because the Devil assigns him to break up the ice and shovel it off Hell's sidewalks:
"I was always told the Bills would win the Super Bowl when Hell freezes over!"

Sometimes I feel like this has gotta be our year.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, VirginiaMike said:

In this crazy time and while we are all hoping for a full NFL season, I've found a sign from above that this will be Buffalo's year.  

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/05/21/woman-attacked-by-bison-at-yellowstone/24376714/

That happens frequently there 

After months of "isolation"  the Animals have taken back the park and will most likely be more protective 

2 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

AOL.com? Do they give you like 50 free hours of reading when you sign up?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

What if it is a sign for the Bisons or Bulls instead?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

What could be a more apt sign of a return to glory for the first time since the 90s than an article from AOL?

Just for posterity, I'm gonna save that article on a floppy disk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

There are a series of events that have been predicted to be required for the Bills to win.

A global pandemic.... check

A significant DUI charge...check

An illegal firearms charge...check(2 for 1)

Fans of the chosen team will be Hammered a Lot

The team will have a Rich history

And on the 3rd season the messiah arises from a tunnel to create a New Era....

• Thank you (+1) 1

All we needed was a woman to get attacked by a Bison? Had I known, I would have vacationed with a couple terrible ex-girlfriends to Yellowstone years ago. Sorry Bills fans, this drought is on me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People get hurt in Yellowstone by bison because they're idiots (people - not bison).  Instead of staying 25 feet away, many try to get close enough to touch them.  They are looking for photo ops.  When we were in Yellowstone, we got very close to bison, but we were in our vehicle (a big conversion van) at the time.  We were driving one way, a line of bison were in the other lane walking past us.  And of course there were people out of their vehicles trying to get way too close to some other bison off the road.  It's really amazing that a whole lot more people don't get seriously hurt.  Fortunately bison are pretty placid most of the time.  They can get irritated though, and you definitely don't want to be close to a one ton irritated wild animal.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:39 PM, WhoTom said:

Just for posterity, I'm gonna save that article on a floppy disk.

8", 5 1/4", or 3 1/2"?  Might wanna back it up on a reel to reel to be safe. Perhaps a series of punch cards?

On 5/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, jwhit34 said:

If it comes to pass can ESPN make a 30 for 30 called The First Dance? 

How about the "At Last We Can Dance"