NFL player sues United Airlines

He could have just initially asked to go to another seat.  The flight wasn't full.  They never say no to that request and it's easier than trying to get them to move someone who doesn't want to move.

Any reasonable person would not have sat there for that long while this was happening to them.  No doubt the flight crew will have a different story than these two dudes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well it was First Class...

It was economy plus.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He could have just initially asked to go to another seat.  The flight wasn't full.  They never say no to that request and it's easier than trying to get them to move someone who doesn't want to move.

Any reasonable person would not have sat there for that long while this was happening to them.  No doubt the flight crew will have a different story than these two dudes.

Why should he have to change his seat? Why would he be responsible for her behavior at all?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

It was economy plus.

Why should he have to change his seat? Why would he be responsible for her behavior at all?

She is responsible for her behavior (nor is the airline). 

He doesn't have to give up his seat, but moving to another one would have immediately fixed this for him.  This is done ALL the time.  Hewas in the middle seat in "Economy Plus", so he's not giving up much to move.

Also, did he file charges on the woman? Sue her?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's always another side to the story.

What was linked to was his attorney's statement, so there is no obvious attempt to  present the other side.

Issues among passengers occur and are usually handled easily.

If it truly got to the point a sexual assault was observed, the flight would have been met by authorities.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What was linked to was his attorney's statement, so there is no obvious attempt to  present the other side.

If it truly got to the point a sexual assault was observed, the flight would have been met by authorities.

Or they didn't report that right away or were not taken seriously because they are men.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Or they didn't report that right away or were not taken seriously because they are men.

I don't think for a second that any kind of passenger misconduct is evaluated on the basis of gender.

The other side needs to be heard before concluding anything.

I had a friend fly up to visit. He hates flying and the doctor had prescribed him some Xanax. He then had some wine on the plane. Upon arrival we went out to dinner but had to leave early as he was completely out of control. He didn’t remember any of it. Don’t mix pills with alcohol, especially Xanax. I’ve seen it more than once, and it amplifies things like you wouldn’t believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

The woman was out of hand.  The pills and alcohol loosened her inhibitions to an untenable degree.  Flight personnel should have stepped in when made aware.  If you are the NFL guy you don't want your name in the news for even the perception that you mistreated/abused this woman in anyway.  If you are two black men, you do not want the perception that you've done something to this white woman, who is "drunk" and her perceptions are off.  They were right to go to the flight personnel.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, sherpa said:

If she was obviously intoxicated before the door closed, they would have had her off the plane immediately. 

If this happened on a Greyhound bus, the guy (or anybody) would have immediately gotten up and taken another seat. 

• Like (+1) 1

While there is a double standard here, creepy or unwanted touching is generally defined by how attractive the person is to you.  

This is true for both sides.  I’m glad it’s reported though since it’s over reported on the female victim side and underreported on the male side.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If she was obviously intoxicated before the door closed, they would have had her off the plane immediately. 

The fine for knowingly allowing an obviously intoxicated  person to board and fly is $20,000.

Its taken quite seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guy’s a hero.  This has happened to me at least 20 times but because of my gender, I was afraid to report it.  Thank you Vince Wilfork for your service. ??

How can you resist... overalls make it real tempting to just reach in there...

Screen_Shot_2017_08_07_at_1.12.34_PM.150

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I had a friend fly up to visit. He hates flying and the doctor had prescribed him some Xanax. He then had some wine on the plane. Upon arrival we went out to dinner but had to leave early as he was completely out of control. He didn’t remember any of it. Don’t mix pills with alcohol, especially Xanax. I’ve seen it more than once, and it amplifies things like you wouldn’t believe. 

That explains why I'm banned from every restaurant and bar west of the Mississippi....:cry:

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This isn’t a joke, and if there were no other seats, he would be stuck there since you can’t walk around on a flight other than use the facilities.  United isn’t responsible for her bad behavior, but if the attendants didn’t make efforts to stop it by switching seats for him or at least giving a warning to the women, then they are responsible.  I have too many women that are my friends and unfortunately family who have suffered from the same type of acts.

I sincerely hope this doesn’t turn into a joke thread, because there is nothing funny about it.

Says in the article they moved her to another seat at some point.

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

The woman was out of hand.  The pills and alcohol loosened her inhibitions to an untenable degree.  Flight personnel should have stepped in when made aware.  If you are the NFL guy you don't want your name in the news for even the perception that you mistreated/abused this woman in anyway.  If you are two black men, you do not want the perception that you've done something to this white woman, who is "drunk" and her perceptions are off.  They were right to go to the flight personnel.

What does race have to do with anything?

Two white guys wouldn't want the perception that they did something to a black woman either..

Bringing up race just sets up back. We are all human

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JinxedBill said:

While there is a double standard here, creepy or unwanted touching is generally defined by how attractive the person is to you.  

This is true for both sides.  I’m glad it’s reported though since it’s over reported on the female victim side and underreported on the male side.

I have to 100% disagree with you on this.  So, do you think if a woman is groped and prodded and touched against her will she would be ok with it if it was some handsome dude.  That is total BS.