NFL player sues United Airlines

No mile high Club for this guy aye... 

• Haha (+1) 1

This isn’t a joke, and if there were no other seats, he would be stuck there since you can’t walk around on a flight other than use the facilities.  United isn’t responsible for her bad behavior, but if the attendants didn’t make efforts to stop it by switching seats for him or at least giving a warning to the women, then they are responsible.  I have too many women that are my friends and unfortunately family who have suffered from the same type of acts.

I sincerely hope this doesn’t turn into a joke thread, because there is nothing funny about it.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This isn’t a joke, and if there were no other seats, he would be stuck there since you can’t walk around on a flight other than use the facilities.  United isn’t responsible for her bad behavior, but if the attendants didn’t make efforts to stop it by switching seats for him or at least giving a warning to the women, then they are responsible.  I have too many women that are my friends and unfortunately family who have suffered from the same type of acts.

I sincerely hope this doesn’t turn into a joke thread, because there is nothing funny about it.

It isn’t right. You can’t just take advantage of someone because you want to and they appear capable of defending themselves. If this was the NFL player doing it to the woman on the plane it would be the lead on the news.

This, along with teachers having relations with little boys, are the rare double-standard that men face. We usually get the benefit of these double standard but in these cases we end up as the victims.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At least he did the right thing (outside of filing suit). If youre a big man capable of stopping this from happening; having the control not to throw her to another seat for repeatedly grabbing your cash & prizes is amazing. Theres nothing funny about invading another persons personal space. There is nothing funny about sexual assault. Back to my main idea though, the football player did the best thing he could've for himself by doing nothing. The airline could've switched a couple people. "Does anyone on here like the _(team name)_?"

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

At least he did the right thing (outside of filing suit). If youre a big man capable of stopping this from happening; having the control not to throw her to another seat for repeatedly grabbing your cash & prizes is amazing. Theres nothing funny about invading another persons personal space. There is nothing funny about sexual assault. Back to my main idea though, the football player did the best thing he could've for himself by doing nothing. The airline could've switched a couple people. "Does anyone on here like the _(team name)_?"

How do you know he was a big man? Could have been Roscoe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Must have been really bad for this to come from it.

Sure. John Doe didn’t want any obnoxious drunk “chick” touching him. And now, Covid adds a whole ‘nuther layer to safe sex...Dude didn’t want to be on that plane to begin with but he had to be somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It isn’t right. You can’t just take advantage of someone because you want to and they appear capable of defending themselves. If this was the NFL player doing it to the woman on the plane it would be the lead on the news.

This, along with teachers having relations with little boys, are the rare double-standard that men face. We usually get the benefit of these double standard but in these cases we end up as the victims.

It sounds as though the flight attendants eventually moved the woman, but they were slow to take it seriously.  Zero tolerance needs to go both ways.

The problem with "appear capable of defending themselves" is if the NFL player did defend himself the headline could be "NFL player attacks woman passenger on plane"

Really gross situation

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It sounds as though the flight attendants eventually moved the woman, but they were slow to take it seriously.  Zero tolerance needs to go both ways.

The problem with "appear capable of defending themselves" is if the NFL player did defend himself the headline could be "NFL player attacks woman passenger on plane"

Really gross situation

I specifically used the bolded because I think that’s why it doesn’t go both ways. That’s a total assumption on my part but it feels right. When it goes the other way there is something to the “she was in danger” that just doesn’t feel the same way when it involves a man. Maybe that’s wrong but that’s how I view it.

I really appreciate the sincere responses.  If true as everyone is innocent until proven guilty, the player might be ok ok with a sincere apology.  I would as long as I feel confident it won’t happen again.  Not people on this board, but the macho attitude you can’t be approached inappropriately if you’re a man is wrong.  

He wasn’t wrong, but I can tell you with my wife, I wouldn’t tolerate it.  I wouldn’t hurt her at all, but I would grab her hand and say ENOUGH.  Leave me alone.  Again, he didn’t do anything wrong, and maybe she was messed up.  Not an excuse, but just stop it. That girls hand would hurt if it was me, if the attendants did nothing, ok.  Just send a message, you won’t abuse me.  The crappy thing is how many women don’t or can’t have that ability.  Thanks to my friends her who didn’t make this something silly.  For my Cowboys Girl, I’m sorry you had to deal with that terrible behavior.  I believe 99.9% of guys on this board would be on the other side seeing it, and saying, leave her alone or you deal with me.  Not a breaking law guy, but in this case, I wouldn’t have a problem defending a woman no matter the consequence,

God bless guys and won’t reply again. 

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

But was she? 

She later admitted that she had been drinking and had taken unspecified pills. 

Even Lindsay Lohan needs to respect boundaries.

(Seriously though, I agree with everyone echoing the 'no means no' sentiment, no matter your size or gender) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1