Obscure Buffalo Bills Trivia

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

On a related note: Tuten is the father of the girlfriend of Bills draft pick Tyler Bass.

Interesting... I didn't realize until researching this question that Tuten passed away in 2017

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, holla83 said:

Interesting... I didn't realize until researching this question that Tuten passed away in 2017

That’s wild. I went back and listened to the interview where he mentioned it and have posted it below ( it’s just before the 11:00 mark). Upon hearing it the first time I hadn’t realized that Tuten had died. He does says that Tuten WAS his girlfriend’s father. What threw me is Steve Tasker doesn’t catch the past tense and goes on to say that he played with Tuten and asks Tyler to “Say hello for me when you talk to him again.”

The kid handles it with the type of unflappability that teams look for when they try to trip up prospects in pre-draft interviews.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/04-30-bills-kicker-tyler-bass

7 hours ago, holla83 said:

I missed this question last night 

I was actually going to guess Eric from the first Real World because he stuck around in obscurity and did all sorts of weird crap.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I was actually going to guess Eric from the first Real World because he stuck around in obscurity and did all sorts of weird crap.

I figured that's where you were going. Eric Nies is John Nies' brother. Eric was on the Real World and was an MTV on air personality for awhile after that. I saw the 2 of them on some MTV Spring Break dating show. That's when I first put it all together. I think there was also an episode of the Real World where Eric goes to a game that their dad was officiating. 

Edited by holla83
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

That’s wild. I went back and listened to the interview where he mentioned it and have posted it below ( it’s just before the 11:00 mark). Upon hearing it the first time I hadn’t realized that Tuten had died. He does says that Tuten WAS his girlfriend’s father. What threw me is Steve Tasker doesn’t catch the past tense and goes on to say that he played with Tuten and asks Tyler to “Say hello for me when you talk to him again.”

The kid handles it with the type of unflappability that teams look for when they try to trip up prospects in pre-draft interviews.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/04-30-bills-kicker-tyler-bass

i think tasker drinks on the job

On 5/20/2020 at 9:08 PM, holla83 said:

This probably was too obscure. John Nies was a punter, drafted by the Bills in the 6th round of the 1990 Draft. As I said earlier, he only lasted a few weeks. His father is long time NBA referee Jack Nies. His brother is former MTV VJ/host of The Grind Eric Nies.

never heard of any of them.