Can Stefon Diggs Emerge as a Superstar in Buffalo?

The Bills are the only team in the NFL without a $12 million-plus cap hit on its books this season. 
To pull that off as a borderline contender is virtually unheard of.

I didn't realize this. Beane is a true Wizard! Of course there is no way to keep this going for much longer but wow, what a young, talented, cap-friendly team we have. We are set up to be contenders for years to come. I am hoping to see Patriot like dominance in this division and in the NFL for the next 2 decades. WE DESERVE IT!!! 

• Like (+1) 9

I'm very worried about the run defense. Jerry Hughes gets no favors from the officials. Edmunds has trouble shedding blockers. Oliver is showing everyone why he dropped. Phillips and Lawson gone. Lorax retired. So it's a complete rebuild. Watch the game, and it's all mistakes. Penalities. Getting the play in. Lining up. And new people have to learn all that.

If other teams run the ball all day, offense has less chances to score.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, beavis said:

I'm very worried about the run defense. Jerry Hughes gets no favors from the officials. Edmunds has trouble shedding blockers. Oliver is showing everyone why he dropped. Phillips and Lawson gone. Lorax retired. So it's a complete rebuild. Watch the game, and it's all mistakes. Penalities. Getting the play in. Lining up. And new people have to learn all that.

Harrison Phillips is coming back and we still have Star. Oliver was a top 10 pick! Edmunds has been getting better and better and soon will be considered an elite MLB

I don't think it makes sense to worry about the defensive line or the defense in general.

Edited by MJS

17 minutes ago, beavis said:

Shut up, Beavis. 

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Harrison Phillips is coming back and we still have Star. Oliver was a top 10 pick! Edmunds has been getting better and better and soon will be considered an elite MLB

I don't think it makes sense to worry about the defensive line or the defense in general.

Not to mention most of the free agents we brought in are supposedly very good against the run. 

Some people just like having things to worry about. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he puts up numbers, he will be.  And that’s my worry.  Diggs could play major role in the offense and not have the numbers to show for it.  Julio Jones’ numbers don’t come close to reflecting what he means to the Falcons.  Diggs should draw coverage to help out other receivers but will he happy doing that? He wasn’t in Minnesota.  I think it could be a Disaster if Allen has to force him the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, beavis said:

Shut up, beavis

We better hope so, ?

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Steve Smith is who Diggs reminds me of and considering Beane saw Smith play in Carolina.  I know Beane was looking at other WRs but he could see how Diggs could translate to Bills game well.

...I would assume that Beane talked to McDermott & Daboll  about going after Diggs and their perception as a "fit in the offense".....hope so because he surrendered significant draft capital.....so if Beane's "perceived utilization" in this offense differs widely form Daboll's "actual utilization", who wins out?.....irrespective of whether it was a good signing or not (a lengthy discussion for another day), Beane was quoted as saying, "the Duke Williams signing negated signing a WR early as a top priority"......sounds like high hopes, yet Daboll started him 3 games ( think).... so did Beane overestimate his potential contribution or did Daboll play hardball for whatever reason and win out?.....

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

I didn't realize this. Beane is a true Wizard! Of course there is no way to keep this going for much longer but wow, what a young, talented, cap-friendly team we have. We are set up to be contenders for years to come. I am hoping to see Patriot like dominance in this division and in the NFL for the next 2 decades. WE DESERVE IT!!! 

Buffalo has accomplished this by:

1. Not pursuing big name UFA's (nothing wrong with that) and

2. Not finalizing a contract with a player they drafted.

The first likely will not happen under this regime and the second is almost guaranteed to occur multiple times over the next 2-3 seasons.  There's still a lot of book to write about McBeane and whether they'll re-sign players to contract exceeding 12M per.

Bottom line is that cap dollars saved is not a metric that should be lauded too much.  No one gets extra draft picks or wins by saving there.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Buffalo has accomplished this by:

1. Not pursuing big name UFA's (nothing wrong with that) and

2. Not finalizing a contract with a player they drafted.

The first likely will not happen under this regime and the second is almost guaranteed to occur multiple times over the next 2-3 seasons.  There's still a lot of book to write about McBeane and whether they'll re-sign players to contract exceeding 12M per.

Bottom line is that cap dollars saved is not a metric that should be lauded too much.  No one gets extra draft picks or wins by saving there.

That’s the point though. We are hardly an untalented team at this stage in the game, and we have very little large contracts. Our next 3 years should see this team continue to rise and not fall.

1 hour ago, beavis said:

Did you make an alt account  @ScottLaw ?

• Haha (+1) 1