Sportsline has Jets as overwhelming favorites

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Well, through eight weeks in the Madden simulation that NFL.com is running, we are three and five. So, simulations are a farce. As far as I can recall, Adam Gase is still the coach in New Jersey. I think that tells us all we need to know.

He had the best record in the AFCE second half of the season.

If they don’t lose their LB in last years opener, they win. Granted, we rested starters in the finale, but they smacked us around. Both teams are pretty even, imo. What gives us the advantage over them is McDermott vs. Gase.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

LOL. I say this as a Jets season ticket holder. GM Joe Douglas had a good draft and I do think he will eventually build up their roster like Beane did. But it will take more than one year to fix that team. With Gase as the HC they won't win. Every Jets fan I know doesn't like him as their HC. I do think Darnold is better QB than Allen but the Bills are the better team all around. If they can't beat the Jets then this Bills team isn't nearly as good as we thought. I think the Jets are a 6-8 win team. Their D is respectable but the Bills should sweep them this year.

I can understand a Jets fan with this opinion, as of TODAY, meaning presuming all progress for both QBs were to be frozen and they'd have reached their pinnacle, then I can see it. Otherwise, given Josh's monumental development from year 1 to year 2, and the belief he will take at least some semblance of similar strides, I think Allen is better.

I like the Jets more than most on this board but they have serious flaws on their roster to be HEAVILY favored is insane. I get picking the Jets as a dark horse team if you like Darnold and like what they did to rebuild their O-line but to heavily favor them over a much better constructed Bills team and the perennial power house Pats is insane. The Jets don't have a good receiving core, Quincy is always hurt, they lost a good receiver in Robby Anderson and replaced him with Perriman a lateral move in a best case scenario and drafted a receiver in round 2. I don't see their receiving core doing much and with a lack of an outside threat that is going to hamper Lev Bell and what that offense can do against better defenses. 

The Jets defense is mid-level at best, their front 7 if Mosley stays healthy is good against the run but subpar rushing the passer and their secondary is trash besides Jamal Adams. And what will sink the Jets far beyond their on field issues is Adam Gase. Gase is just not a good coach. The Jets GM did a good job of building back the O-line and keeping them from getting locked into too many more large contracts but they are a year away on the field and their coach will be a long term hinderance to their success.

40 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I can understand a Jets fan with this opinion, as of TODAY, meaning presuming all progress for both QBs were to be frozen and they'd have reached their pinnacle, then I can see it. Otherwise, given Josh's monumental development from year 1 to year 2, and the belief he will take at least some semblance of similar strides, I think Allen is better.

I actually like Darnold better at least next season. I think both QB's will be good long term but Josh is a year away from being a bonafide top 5-7 QB whereas I feel like Darnold could make a leap into the top 10 in 2020. But Darnold's team and coaching has held him back. Overall I think that 2 years from now I would be on Josh being the better QB if he can harness his abilities and continue to work hard. But in 2020 and possibly 2021 I could see Darnold being a better QB on a lesser team.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s pretty close between Darnold and Allen. Although Darnold has some ability to make plays with his legs, Allen is more atheltic and clearly better at this than he is.... Darnold is the better passer at this point. This year should tell a lot. 

I disagree I think Allen overall is the better QB. Darnold has yet to do anything to help his team elevate to the next level. I guarantee if Darnold screws up this year, the jets will probably be looking for a new QB

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s pretty close between Darnold and Allen. Although Darnold has some ability to make plays with his legs, Allen is more atheltic and clearly better at this than he is.... Darnold is the better passer at this point. This year should tell a lot. 

How is Darnold definitively the better passer? If you extrapolated his numbers to 16 games, you'd have Darnold with a couple more TDs, but about twice as many INTs. Allen has a slightly higher rating, and both fumble a lot. Darnold's completion rate is slightly higher, but that's not the only metric there is. The eye test is subjective, but I'm in NYC and see a lot of Darnold and he clearly does not have the leadership of Allen yet -- he probably will, but he just had a rocky season. 

Darnold has a lot of potential, but has not quite put it together yet. My sense is he's more likely to have a very good season than a bad season, but he also has far fewer receivers than Allen. Allen's slightly closer. Both showed improvement over the course of the season.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Fraudulent site, trying to play off the legitimate CBS Sportsline feed...check out the handle...they are using an 'l' instead of an 'i'...

Shut this down.

Ha, I saw this on Twitter earlier today and the thread was full of Jets fans making fun of this post.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um, this isn’t a real site? They have 50 followers and respond to legitimate questions like this. Feel like we should shut this down and not give this child any more attention. This isn’t real.

https://twitter.com/SportsLine

SportsLine is a real site and twitter. The one you quoted is a parody account that has two Ls, @SportsLLne, the second L is lowercase to try to fool people.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They did? The only thing that game told me was Matt Barkley doesn’t belong anywhere on a football field in an NFL game  and the Bills are ***** if that happens for a substantial amount of time. 

Yes, we were never in that game -because Barkley doesn’t belong anywhere on a football field.

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Joined Twitter in February and have 50 followers. Why is this even a discussion? 

4 hours ago, eball said:

Fraudulent site, trying to play off the legitimate CBS Sportsline feed...check out the handle...they are using an 'l' instead of an 'i'...

Shut this down.

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Yup, I noticed the lower case L instead of a lower case I in the name.  Definitely bogus.  

How did you guys all manage to only find the fake SportsLLne and not the real https://twitter.com/sportsline ?? :huh::D

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://twitter.com/SportsLine

SportsLine is a real site and twitter. The one you quoted is a parody account that has two Ls, @SportsLLne, the second L is lowercase to try to fool people.

The fake one is what this thread was based on. What the OP is mad about isn’t real.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Seeing as no progress is guaranteed, I’m not sure what this means.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The fake one is what this thread was based on. What the OP is mad about isn’t real.

Ahh, right on. Makes sense now. They did a parody "simulation" and named the Jets the run away winner to get the reactions like we're seeing here. Gotcha, thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I didn’t put too much credit into that run they had.... Baltimore annihilated them and they hung on for a narrow victory against an atrocious group of offensive backup players the Bills trotted out there.

And yet it was a one TD game throughout...

Ok. Don’t wish to argue. Just answer this; did you continue to believe we could win the game, or were you certain by the 3rd quarter that we didn’t stand a chance. If you choose the former, we’ll agree to disagree.

In before the L - - -

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um, this isn’t a real site? They have 50 followers and respond to legitimate questions like this. Feel like we should shut this down and not give this child any more attention. This isn’t real.

they hope people think it’s CBS Sportsline 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In fairness great troll job though. :D

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If they don’t lose their LB in last years opener, they win. Granted, we rested starters in the finale, but they smacked us around. Both teams are pretty even, imo. What gives us the advantage over them is McDermott vs. Gase.

I agree. Last year their talent was very similar. Coaching was the difference. This year I do see a bit more of a talent advantage for the Bills and their coaching is still better.