Sportsline has Jets as overwhelming favorites

5 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

A half decent draft didn't make up for a shocking free agency. That O line is still bottom 5 in the league, which is impressively bad given both the Bills and Jets started rebuilding their O lines in the same off season with basically the same amount of cap space 

Mike Mccagnan was the GM for most of their horrible drafting/FA signings. Douglas has a 6 year contract. He is going to be there for a while. I think the Jets biggest problem on offense is the lack of playmakers. They have Bell but outside of that who are you worried about? That rookie WR they drafted? I think Douglas will be their version of Beane but one year isn't enough time to make a judgement on him.

36 minutes ago, delirious said:

I'm more worried about the dolphins

Not so much this year, but in 3 or so years, yes they can be a very good team.  I say 'can' because Brian Flores and Chris Grier have to follow through with a strong FA and draft again next year and it takes a few years to fully develop the new team.  I do think Flores is going to be a great coach and that worries me.

If Adam Gase was not the HC, I would be a little more concerned about the Jets.

Edited by Happy

Fraudulent site, trying to play off the legitimate CBS Sportsline feed...check out the handle...they are using an 'l' instead of an 'i'...

Shut this down.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

Not so much this year, but in 3 or so years, yes they can be a very good team.  I say 'can' because Brian Flores and Chris Grier have to follow through with a strong FA and draft again next year and it takes a few years to fully develop the new team.  I do think Flores is going to be a great coach and that worries me.

If Adam Gase was not the HC, I would be a little more concerned about the Jets.

Brian Flores did a very good job considering the talent he had to work with. Can Tua stay healthy though? If he can then the Fins will be a big threat in the division/conference. Assuming of course they continue to build a solid roster around Tua. With Miami the health of Tua is the big question going forward.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

LOL. I say this as a Jets season ticket holder. GM Joe Douglas had a good draft and I do think he will eventually build up their roster like Beane did. But it will take more than one year to fix that team. With Gase as the HC they won't win. Every Jets fan I know doesn't like him as their HC. I do think Darnold is better QB than Allen but the Bills are the better team all around. If they can't beat the Jets then this Bills team isn't nearly as good as we thought. I think the Jets are a 6-8 win team. Their D is respectable but the Bills should sweep them this year.

Thanks for posting.  As to the Gase comment, I will add that in his interview with Eric Wood, Fitz said he is excited about the Dolphins. He gave a few reasons, one of which was something like "we have a good coach now."  

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Brian Flores did a very good job considering the talent he had to work with. Can Tua stay healthy though? If he can then the Fins will be a big threat in the division/conference. Assuming of course they continue to build a solid roster around Tua. With Miami the health of Tua is the big question going forward.

Having a team not quit on you in a tank season is commendable imo.  Watching gase's teams that are eliminated just loaf through the final weeks of the season makes me understand what he is as a coach.  

43 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Joined Twitter in February and have 50 followers. Why is this even a discussion? 

Because we are required to respond with mass indignation any time some random troll on the interwebs suggests that the Bills are not masters of all they survey.

1 hour ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

@Sportsline ran 10,000 simulations and has the Jets winning the East 78.3 % of the time. Bills:11.9 %  Patriots:7.3% & Dolphins: 2.5 % Unable to copy & paste where I'm at so if someone wants to add the tweet to this, please do. Has to be because of schedule. No reason to think they're the best in the East. What do you guys think about this ? Go Bills !!

SafeVainAmericanbulldog-max-1mb.gif

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um, this isn’t a real site? They have 50 followers and respond to legitimate questions like this. Feel like we should shut this down and not give this child any more attention. This isn’t real.

I ran a simulation using advanced data analytics and SportsLine's proprietary algorithm and 85% of the time TB's mother was unsatisfied with the "look in".

Check the source. Oh also .. if anyone is a big believe in this, I actually have a fast way for you to make some cash but you need to send me $50 to cover the cost of the bank wire transfer .. and provide your bank account information and pin so I can make certain every penny gets deposited properly.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, eball said:

Fraudulent site, trying to play off the legitimate CBS Sportsline feed...check out the handle...they are using an 'l' instead of an 'i'...

Shut this down.

Yup, I noticed the lower case L instead of a lower case I in the name.  Definitely bogus.  

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Mike Mccagnan was the GM for most of their horrible drafting/FA signings. Douglas has a 6 year contract. He is going to be there for a while. I think the Jets biggest problem on offense is the lack of playmakers. They have Bell but outside of that who are you worried about? That rookie WR they drafted? I think Douglas will be their version of Beane but one year isn't enough time to make a judgement on him.

Douglas was responsible this time round though. His free agency was a disaster. 

And playmakers are no use if the QB has the D line instantly in his face. They should just paid the money and got a half decent line, not paying over the odds for swing tackles from Seattle 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

LOL. I say this as a Jets season ticket holder. GM Joe Douglas had a good draft and I do think he will eventually build up their roster like Beane did. But it will take more than one year to fix that team. With Gase as the HC they won't win. Every Jets fan I know doesn't like him as their HC. I do think Darnold is better QB than Allen but the Bills are the better team all around. If they can't beat the Jets then this Bills team isn't nearly as good as we thought. I think the Jets are a 6-8 win team. Their D is respectable but the Bills should sweep them this year.

Agreed. Last year the Jets had no depth and it takes more then one offseason to fix that.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um, this isn’t a real site? They have 50 followers and respond to legitimate questions like this. Feel like we should shut this down and not give this child any more attention. This isn’t real.

The interweb and message boards are filled with pundits whose qualifications consist of being able to find the 'ON' switch.  We have a few here as well, waiting for a call from ESPN since they think they pose the insightful questions and issues.