Sportsline has Jets as overwhelming favorites

@Sportsline ran 10,000 simulations and has the Jets winning the East 78.3 % of the time. Bills:11.9 %  Patriots:7.3% & Dolphins: 2.5 % Unable to copy & paste where I'm at so if someone wants to add the tweet to this, please do. Has to be because of schedule. No reason to think they're the best in the East. What do you guys think about this ? Go Bills !!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Haha (+1) 9

Well, through eight weeks in the Madden simulation that NFL.com is running, we are three and five. So, simulations are a farce. As far as I can recall, Adam Gase is still the coach in New Jersey. I think that tells us all we need to know.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wouldn't think the schedule has much to do with that as all but two of their opponents are exactly the same.

Unless they think facing the Titans and Steelers is a lot tougher than facing the Browns and the Colts but to me that doesn't seem like a big advantage as the Browns and Colts are looking much improved over last year right now.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Like (+1) 1

LOL. I say this as a Jets season ticket holder. GM Joe Douglas had a good draft and I do think he will eventually build up their roster like Beane did. But it will take more than one year to fix that team. With Gase as the HC they won't win. Every Jets fan I know doesn't like him as their HC. I do think Darnold is better QB than Allen but the Bills are the better team all around. If they can't beat the Jets then this Bills team isn't nearly as good as we thought. I think the Jets are a 6-8 win team. Their D is respectable but the Bills should sweep them this year.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Metal Man said:

I wouldn't think the schedule has much to do with that as all but two of their opponents are exactly the same.

Unless they think facing the Titans and Steelers is a lot tougher than facing the Browns and the Colts but to me that doesn't seem like a big advantage as the Browns and Colts are looking much improved over last year right now.

Agree. The only other schedule difference is that they have to play the Bills two times and we get to play the Jets. So it evens out ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Well, through eight weeks in the Madden simulation that NFL.com is running, we are three and five. So, simulations are a farce. As far as I can recall, Adam Gase is still the coach in New Jersey. I think that tells us all we need to know.

Where can you track this?

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well JEST could get lucky and some guy could punch out Gase thinking he is making eyes at his girlfriend/sister/wife.

Gase can make eyes at all three...simultaneously.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

LOL. I say this as a Jets season ticket holder. GM Joe Douglas had a good draft and I do think he will eventually build up their roster like Beane did. But it will take more than one year to fix that team. With Gase as the HC they won't win. Every Jets fan I know doesn't like him as their HC. I do think Darnold is better than Allen but the Bills are the better team all around. If they can't beat the Jets then this Bills team isn't nearly as good as we thought. I think the Jets are a 6-8 win team. Their D is respectable but the Bills should sweep them this year.

A half decent draft didn't make up for a shocking free agency. That O line is still bottom 5 in the league, which is impressively bad given both the Bills and Jets started rebuilding their O lines in the same off season with basically the same amount of cap space 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I dont think the Jets are a push over at all this year.   I think Darnold is probably the better thrower of the two quarterbacks, but if we are taking about all around quarterbacks I still think Josh is the guy.   That said, the Bills are better at both QB and Coach so I'd say they are still the favorites.   But I wouldnt write the Jets off completely just because they have a wack job at coach.