NFL's next great dynasty? Chiefs, Cowboys, Bills among candidates

What the Pats did was amazing but they had/have the GOAT HC/QB during that time. I don't think you will see a dynasty like that again. FA and salary cap make it almost impossible to be that dominant. The league is all about parity which makes what the Pats accomplished all that more impressive. I hope the Bills can have a run like the Giants had with Coughlin with two Super Bowls. Would love for the Bills to do what the Pats did over the last 20 years but I don't see any team doing that.

27 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Of course.  A Cowboy team who couldn't make the playoffs in an atrocious division last season, is on the list.  Shocking.

Especially after they end up paying Dak....but you know, America's team and stuff

I’m amazed that people are so down on Dallas. They have a ton of talent, a great draft, WAY better coaching and play in the worst division in the league. It’s very possible that they take a step. I would feel way worse about the Eagles who have questions everywhere (including QB). If that group were the ones wearing Cowboys jerseys we’d think way less of them. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

What the Pats did was amazing but they had/have the GOAT HC/QB during that time. I don't think you will see a dynasty like that again. FA and salary cap make it almost impossible to be that dominant. The league is all about parity which makes what the Pats accomplished all that more impressive. I hope the Bills can have a run like the Giants had with Coughlin with two Super Bowls. Would love for the Bills to do what the Pats did over the last 20 years but I don't see any team doing that.

They cheat.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They also had the advantage of playing in a division with Moe, Larry, and Curly. No matter how you look at it their run was impressive.

Yes, true.

But the media likes to leave out the fact that they knew their opponents every scripted play of the first half of almost every single game for over a decade, if not longer. Their QB's helmet radio did not shut off when the playclock went to 15 seconds, they routinely jammed the opponents radio equipment when at home, and quite possibly mic'd up the visiting locker room and coach's office when at home. I could go on and on.

Forgive me if I do not look at their success with rose colored glasses.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Of course.  A Cowboy team who couldn't make the playoffs in an atrocious division last season, is on the list.  Shocking.

Well, they did have an amazing draft. Like it or not, that team is loaded and if they aren't good it’s on the coaches...

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Well, they did have an amazing draft. Like it or not, that team is loaded and if they are t good it’s on the coaches...

They are good but that doesn't mean they will be the next dynasty. Jerry hasn't won a thing since Jimmy left.

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m amazed that people are so down on Dallas. They have a ton of talent, a great draft, WAY better coaching and play in the worst division in the league. It’s very possible that they take a step. I would feel way worse about the Eagles who have questions everywhere (including QB). If that group were the ones wearing Cowboys jerseys we’d think way less of them. 

Agree.

I think the Bills are in about the right spot. I think the Cowboys are in the right spot too. The Eagles are too high. They have a good roster but they are more a vet group. 

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They are good but that doesn't mean they will be the next dynasty. Jerry hasn't won a thing since Jimmy left.

I’m not sure how this has anything to do with it. The coaches are new and so are the draft picks. They have nothing to do with any of the years since Jimmy left. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Especially after they end up paying Dak....but you know, America's team and stuff

Obviously a team that can’t make the postseason with a QB on a late round rookie contract can build a dynasty when they’re paying the same guy $35,000,000 a year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree.

I think the Bills are in about the right spot. I think the Cowboys are in the right spot too. The Eagles are too high. They have a good roster but they are more a vet group. 

People just hate the Cowboys but it’s plausible to see how they COULD be great for a while. That doesn’t mean that they will be but if you objectively look at that roster it is great. McCarthy isn’t elite IMO but is a big step up from Garrett. They have that scrub division too. This exercise isn’t declaring someone the next dynasty. It is just showing teams that have a case and why. Dallas has a case.

• Like (+1) 1