Tom Brady WTF

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't at all, as I just said.  He believes in this stuff because he sees himself as "proof of its efficacy".   You just concluded he believes it because  he's a doofus.  

How did you conclude he's wrong?

Meh.  No sense of humor as usual.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And doesn’t everyone who takes any supplement base their continued use of them on their belief that is helpful (“working for them”)? Are all people who take supplements therefore doofuses?

It's one thing to say, "It works for me." It's something else to extrapolate that to the general population and say, "It'll work for you too" - especially if the guy it works for is a professional athlete who's in top physical condition. There are more than 1500 guys in the NFL, most of whom are in top physical condition but don't take his supplement. To not consider that, and just assume that it's the supplement, is foolish.

22 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It's one thing to say, "It works for me." It's something else to extrapolate that to the general population and say, "It'll work for you too" - especially if the guy it works for is a professional athlete who's in top physical condition. There are more than 1500 guys in the NFL, most of whom are in top physical condition but don't take his supplement. To not consider that, and just assume that it's the supplement, is foolish.

No one here or brady himself ever said this. Again the irrational hate is a killer and frankly in makes you look bad. He’s not doing anything novel, or different than many other past and present athletes. If you can show me a quote from Brady saying that this supplement alone prolonged his life and career then produce it.

and extrapolation is how the whole social media economy is driven now - kylie wears this makeup and it looks good on her so my wife must buy this makeup and she will look like kylie...and so on and so forth. Come on man. 

this is killing me to quasi-defend brady in this instance but some of you are so lost, so irredeemable homers it’s kinda sickening.

He’s gone now, let it go.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If all proceeds go to charity ...  I have no concerns. 

1st you call it a bogus product, then you say it's ok to screw people if $ goes to charity!?!? Really?! Seems like your really hurting from the 20 years he dominated the Bills. Let it go. I did, 10 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dopey said:

1st you call it a bogus product, then you say it's ok to screw people if $ goes to charity!?!? Really?! Seems like your really hurting from the 20 years he dominated the Bills. Let it go. I did, 10 years ago. 

it’s like grown men (and women, maybe) putting out something akin to a junior high vendetta for all to see...and they’re proud of it...yikes.

and thank you for acknowledging it - he and BB beat us down for 20 years. Let’s stop blindfolding each other to that fact.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

If only fans could get into the games this year and then throw these vitamins at him.

Bonus if they're shaped like a sex toy

Edited by stevewin

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Because he is charging too much for what is essentially Vitamin C and he is claiming it will help you fight off viruses (like COVID-19).

It's snake oil.

It's right up the alley of all his other TB12 products that have no scientific backing and plenty of criticisms from healthcare professionals and nutritionists.

It's not essentially Vitamin C. It's got a bunch of different supplements.

No, that stuff hasn't been proven in scientific studies. But doing so would be very difficult, if not impossible. How are you going to eliminate other variables? Particularly as how can you figure out whether or not an immune system has become stronger?

Supplements may well work. Some of them if not all of them. It's certainly also possible that none of them have the slightest effect. But because it may be true doesn't mean it can just be assumed to be so. This is the quote I like on the subject, " 'There is no alternative medicine,' the editors of the Journal of the American Medical Association wrote last year. 'There is only scientifically proven, evidence-based medicine supported by solid data or unproven medicine, for which scientific evidence is lacking.' "

Not all alternative medicine is snake oil. Certainly some of it is. But it wasn't long ago that conventional medicine was sure that acupuncture, fish oil, ginseng and meditation had no benefits. Turns out not to be true, all of them have some now-proven benefits, though it's equally true that some claim they all have benefits beyond what's been proven, and those people could easily be wrong. Or right.

I hate Brady, but not enough to assume that he's willing to lie to make himself a few thousand sales that might bring in a $20 profit each. He most likely believes in the stuff. And some of it might even be correct.

16 hours ago, eball said:

I have to think that the idiot must actually believe it.  I mean, why would Tom Freaking Brady be pimping health supplements?  He's already richer than God and certainly doesn't need the money or publicity.  The doofus just believes that this crap works.

It's not like we don't have other figures in high places believing in magic elixirs with no proof of efficacy.

9 hours ago, eball said:

Meh.  No sense of humor as usual.

my bad.  Re-reading that I know see it's pure comedy gold.  You killed....

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Seriously. He isn’t selling something that will hurt someone. IF someone wants to buy this product go ahead. We all buy stuff we don’t need or doesn’t benefit us. Look around where you are sitting right now, I guarantee you can find a few.

Brady is still a cheater. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

A million and one health and wellness companies, many of them owned and/or sponsored by pro athletes, fitness trainers, etc., have been doing the exact same thing for many, many years. WTF indeed. As in, “WTF is the big deal?”

Because they're not trying to take advantage of a pandemic. I guess poor Tom just can't make it on he and his wife's salary

7 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Frank Thomas (occasionally with Doug Flutie!) is on TV commercials nearly every night saying exactly that about some testosterone "booster" he's touting is 'the #1 seller at GNC".  

That's exactly how these non pharmaceutical supplements get sold---famous people saying "it works for me".  It's called "advertising".  Did you really not realize until you clicked the OP's link?  That's an ad campaign that costs many millions to the producer of that substance.  So they are selling a ton of it.

Also, it will seems I will surprise you by informing you he's not  that he's not marketing to young top pro (NFL)  athletes in there 20's and 30's. 

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Because they're not trying to take advantage of a pandemic. I guess poor Tom just can't make it on he and his wife's salary

That's inference made  by the guy who wrote the "article".  The product makes no such claims.  Also, Florida doesn't seem very concerned about the pandemic at this point anyway.