Tom Brady WTF

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It actually doesn't mention COVID-19 anywhere in the promotion, other than the delayed shipping.

Why isn't anyone busting GNC's balls for selling snake oil supplements?

Because GNC hasnt kicked our asses and made us look foolish for the last 20 years straight.

17 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

If people are dumb enough to buy it, so what? It says clearly on there it's not meant to cure any diseases, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It actually doesn't mention COVID-19 anywhere in the promotion, other than the delayed shipping.

They should all be called out, early and often, as liars and scammers.

Brady, Gwenyth Paltrow, GNC, all the bull#### MLMs out there.... All of it. We all benefit from calling out bull####.

If we're going to go with Caveat Emptor, us Emptors need to stick together.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Because GNC hasnt kicked our asses and made us look foolish for the last 20 years straight.

and that’s just it isn’t it? This isn’t about protesting the selling of “snake oil” or protecting uninformed consumers. This is pure old fashioned sour grapes. 

and that’s fine, we all hate brady. But let’s be genuine about it.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

and that’s just it isn’t it? This isn’t about protesting the selling of “snake oil” or protecting uninformed consumers. This is pure old fashioned sour grapes. 

and that’s fine, we all hate brady. But let’s be genuine about it.

Little bit of both for me. ?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It says virus 10 million times. It's obvious that they want to capitalize on people's fears of COVID-19.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

"Good marketing" is one thing. "Ethical" is another.

Sorry, take your "ethical" off the nearest cliff. This is capitalism, baby. I'd sell faulty air to your grandmother on her deathbed if I could. Everyone who has a problem with this is obviously just jealous they can't do it. If someone is dumb enough to buy it then they get what they deserve. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think I got all that right. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

If people are dumb enough to buy it, so what? It says clearly on there it's not meant to cure any diseases, etc. 

So what nothing. He deserves to sell it and isn't breaking any laws. But it makes him a bad person for preying upon the sick, elderly, poor, uneducated, gullible, Tom Brady loving masses.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sorry, take your "ethical" off the nearest cliff. This is capitalism, baby. I'd sell faulty air to your grandmother on her deathbed if I could. Everyone who has a problem with this is obviously just jealous they can't do it. If someone is dumb enough to buy it then they get what they deserve. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think I got all that right. 

Just in case you aren't being sarcastic (and I think you are):

Some of us just like to be honest people who don't prey upon others. I know, it's hard to believe there are good, honest people out there.

Edited by MJS

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Some of us just like to be honest people who don't prey upon others. I know, it's hard to believe there are good, honest people out there.

How un-American of you. If you're not screwing over your neighbor to make a buck then you're just plain ole unPatriotic. Tommy boy is out there creating jobs with his fake pills and you're just worried about the people losing their hard earned money to a celebrity peddling snake oil. Creating even a single job should make you immune to any and all prosecution. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

I think Gugny feels like it's sink or swim, and if certain people are easily taken advantage of for profit, it's not a problem because it's not his problem.  If it doesn't affect him personally, he doesn't feel a sense of responsibility to those that are easily taken advantage of.  

Just a hunch.  

You couldn't be more wrong, Agent Hotchner.

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have boycotted GNC from the get go for the very reason you stated, that people fall for this sort snake oil shysterism does not justify it in any fashion. Yes I realize our society promotes this type of quasi ethical behavior.  There is no truth in advertising... could you imagine if such a thing existed, and was actually enforced... not that it will ever happen. Rant over, time for a beer ? 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Been taking them for weeks and have never felt better.

Me too.  On the front line, I decided to supplement for the first time.  Vit C, D, melatonin, MVI. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

I have to think that the idiot must actually believe it.  I mean, why would Tom Freaking Brady be pimping health supplements?  He's already richer than God and certainly doesn't need the money or publicity.  The doofus just believes that this crap works.

It's not like we don't have other figures in high places believing in magic elixirs with no proof of efficacy.

He thinks it works.....because he's a 42 yo NFL QB still out there playing like a younger man.  Why wouldn't he believe this stuff is what's part of what has kept him going?

He doesn't need the money.  But if he believes this stuff works, why wouldn't he sell it to others?

• Like (+1) 1