The Athletic: Vic's Over/Under (Bills over 8.5)

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

Jackson was amazing in the first three quarters of the playoffs.  His receivers played the worst game I’ve ever seen, or they’d have blown the doors off the Titans.  It wasn’t until the fourth quarter when Jackson had to play hero ball that he looked bad.  The Ravens are legit.

Agree.

And they improved their roster. Their defensive front could be run on last year that was the weakness - D line and MLB - try running on them this year. Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really don't know what you're talking about... He struggled throughout the game and didn't look at all like an MVP. He air balled a pick on the first drive, and then wasn't able to move the offense at all.... It was one bad game, yes, but it was indicative of the larger issue in that when teams slow the run down, he can't make the throws. I'm not saying he's bad or that they will be bad, but winning 12 games in the NFL is tough tough work and there's few teams that that money is worth- especially a team who has a QB whose setup for a regression. 

I don't know I do feel like the Bills and Titans have shown the league a blueprint for defending him but I feel like that blueprint involves having a good enough defense to contain him to what he does poorly and I'm not sure enough teams have a good enough defense to do that.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you don't like laying Bills odds parlay w/Ravens under is the play

Jackson and Roman by proxy just will not sustain the level of production they hit last year

But they don't need to cos they won so many games going away and they improved the D. On the flip side division is tougher. I just can't see the Ravens winning less than 11 and 12, 13 and 14 are very much in play. 

They are helped, IMO, by the fact that a 1st place schedule in the AFC this year is pretty favourable with both New England and Houston likely to be less good than a year ago.  Oh and they play the NFC Least and the AFC South. 

I agree with him about Miami. Everyone got so excited about their 5 win season last year. Pretty ridiculous. They simply lack talent to be competitive and they have the least consistent QB in the league starting (until Tua takes over).

Everyone discounts the Bills for their easy schedule last year but not the Dolphins?

49 minutes ago, Billl said:

Jackson was amazing in the first three quarters of the playoffs.  His receivers played the worst game I’ve ever seen, or they’d have blown the doors off the Titans.  It wasn’t until the fourth quarter when Jackson had to play hero ball that he looked bad.  The Ravens are legit.

He didn't look amazing to me. He looked ok. And then he looked bad.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I agree with him about Miami. Everyone got so excited about their 5 win season last year. Pretty ridiculous. They simply lack talent to be competitive and they have the least consistent QB in the league starting (until Tua takes over).

Everyone discounts the Bills for their easy schedule last year but not the Dolphins?

I do I think the Dolphins are better than last year. But would not be surprised to see a similar record. 5-7 wins IMO.

I love how everybody points to the Cassel season proving Belichick's genius without the caveat that they finished 16-0 the previous season and retained pretty much the same team.  The Pats added basically nothing on offense and lost some defensive starters.  I can't see them going above .500 with a much tougher schedule than last year without Brady.  

New England Patriots — over 9, -110

Bill Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassel the last time he didn’t have Tom Brady, and people are also forgetting that the Patriots won 12 games last season with a pretty mediocre version of Brady. I think Brian Hoyer wins the QB job and is good enough for the defense to lead the Patriots to 10 wins.

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know I do feel like the Bills and Titans have shown the league a blueprint for defending him but I feel like that blueprint involves having a good enough defense to contain him to what he does poorly and I'm not sure enough teams have a good enough defense to do that.

Jackson imo will be seeing a good amount of cover3 shells and straight flat four fronts, the Ravens' read option is defendable when your LBs stay home and don't bite on the mesh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I really don't know what you're talking about... He struggled throughout the game and didn't look at all like an MVP. He air balled a pick on the first drive, and then wasn't able to move the offense at all.... It was one bad game, yes, but it was indicative of the larger issue in that when teams slow the run down, he can't make the throws. I'm not saying he's bad or that they will be bad, but winning 12 games in the NFL is tough tough work and there's few teams that that money is worth- especially a team who has a QB whose setup for a regression. 

Yeah he was like 50% passing w/an INT and a sack fumble through 3 quarters

But people see what they want

I laid $1650 to win $1K on the Bills to win over 8.5 games and $300 to win $360 on the Bills to take the East.

If it's not a 16 game schedule, the win totals bet is a push, but winning the East is a go no matter what.

Edited by flyingant

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree.

And they improved their roster. Their defensive front could be run on last year that was the weakness - D line and MLB - try running on them this year. Good luck. 

Because Josh Allen is the only young qb who is able to improve.  Jackson is only getting to get worse.  It’s just facts.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

If you don't like laying Bills odds parlay w/Ravens under is the play

Jackson and Roman by proxy just will not sustain the level of production they hit last year

I like the Ravens over actually. They have a very easy schedule, I'm not sure they'll be underdogs in any one of their games. I expect them to run away with the AFC #1 seed.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Colts are the best under bet in the NFL. I think Rivers is done. 

Me too.  Didn't understand that signing from the get-go.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Me too.  Didn't understand that signing from the get-go.

rivers behind a great o line is gonna put up nice numbers.  if xaiver rhodes can get back to form and malik hooker stays healthy they can have a nice defense. lot of ifs though. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I like the Ravens over actually. They have a very easy schedule, I'm not sure they'll be underdogs in any one of their games. I expect them to run away with the AFC #1 seed.

I'm not convinced they'll win their division.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

The pick on the first drive went right through the receiver’s hands.  3:25 of the video below.  The throw was slightly high, but that’s a ball that should be caught.  Slow motion replay is at 3:45.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/game/titans-at-ravens-on-01112020?condensed=true

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

The pick on the first drive went right through the receiver’s hands.  3:25 of the video below.  The throw was slightly high, but that’s a ball that should be caught.  Slow motion replay is at 3:45.

The throw was too high for a 6 foot 5 target. I’m not sure why you need to defend Jackson, but by no objective standard was he good In that playoff game.

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

No one is going to admit that here.  If it was Allen, it is the receiver’s fault.  If it’s Jackson or another qb, it’s their fault.  

it’s fine.  We’re a Bills board but it’s far from objective.  

• Like (+1) 1