49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What did he say/infer re Whaley,cant imagine it was very positive

Basically called him a pu$$y...

Btw,  link to it on Youtube here: 

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If Fitz was anything he was consistent. You just knew he would throw that fourth quarter pick right when it looked like we might have a chance. But with that said I have to hand it to a guy who has made more of a career out of less natural tools than just about any other professional athlete that I can think of.

Not true actually.  In his entire career, he threw only 6 4th Q INTs.  In all games with either a lead or tie with 4 or fewer minutes to go, he threw a total of 2 INTs.  All the rest with under 4 min to go were when trailing.

In 2018, deep into his career, Fitz was #2 in accuracy on deep passes (over 20 yards in the air) behind only Brees.

His career completion % is the same as Kelly's and his INT% is lower.  Kelly was surrounded by top talent.  Fitz has made a career of stepping into teams in times of disaster. 

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Talk to @weo he's our Mikey.  

You're wrong of course.  do your homework.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The only negative thing I can say about Fitz is I wish he was better. Because attitude, desire, leadership, making the most of the talent he was given? He is an A+

It doesnt help that the bills gave him such a terrible offensive roster to play with. He was throwing to Stevie and a bunch of undrafted players who couldnt catch balls. 

I've got to echo the Fitz love. As lovable as they were, in a Bad News Bears sort of way, Fitz has played for some trashy teams.He beat the Patriots in a game they really wanted with a "better than college, but just barely NFL" roster. Total team/coach effort but I digress.

I have no idea what Beane/McDermott would think, but to me, Fitz would have been the ultimate backup QB for us. From all reports, he would have been an exemplary mentor for the starter, giving him all the help he needs, but would also compete like hell to be *the* starter. 

The guy has had a long and very profitable NFL career as a top tier backup and fringe starter, without the arm to do so. All brains, leveraging experience, toughness, being a world class teammate... the NFL love for the guy is universal and can't be smokescreen. In terms of intangibles, he's first team All-Pro.

If he had Brady's arm, he would have been a star. Hell, if he had Josh's arm he would have been a Hall of Famer. Just my lukewarm take.

Edited by technobot

14 minutes ago, MassHog said:

It doesnt help that the bills gave him such a terrible offensive roster to play with. He was throwing to Stevie and a bunch of undrafted players who couldnt catch balls. 

Agree. And no defense at all so he was always having to force it. Fitz with the Schwartz or even Pettine defense probably wins 9 or 10 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Agree. And no defense at all so he was always having to force it. Fitz with the Schwartz or even Pettine defense probably wins 9 or 10 games. 

I wish i could have seen him with either the receiving core we have now or the Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan core. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Won 10 with Jets top 10 D and decent WRs to throw to. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Won 10 with Jets top 10 D and decent WRs to throw to. 

Yep. I think that is Fitz's limit. He was a guy who on a decent roster could sneak you in to a wildcard, but we never gave him much to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What Fitz says there about QBs protecting their stats even when they are losing..... that ladies and gentleman is one Ryan Tannehill and that is why I cannot stand that guy. 

Makes me think of Dak last year or Cousins at the end of the Vikings game in 18.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I think that is Fitz's limit. He was a guy who on a decent roster could sneak you in to a wildcard, but we never gave him much to work with.

He got 5  wins (13 starts) out of a "tanking" Miami team and went 3529/62%/20TD/12INT/235 YPG.   Bills fans would been at least as thrilled with those numbers last year from JA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Basically called him a pu$$y...

Btw,  link to it on Youtube here: 

First: thank you for linking that.

Those guys - Murph included - were brutal. Hilarious.

Second: if "basically" called him a ***** = what Fitz said "...and to Doug Whaley. Thank you so much for showing my son Braden what a spineless ***** really looks like" then we must be looking at different definitions of "basically".

I had no idea they hated him so much. Even Aaron Williams came on stage to applaud that comment.

(P.S. I think the best one was Murph's roast of Fitz and Travis Henry during Fitz's intro. You'll have to watch that one; no way I could do it justice.)

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah ... would've definitely wanted him to be a better player, but in fairness, he's a career backup for a reason.  The Bills (and other teams) were stupid to think otherwise/pay him -- but GOOD FOR HIM, I say!!!

Over 30,000 yards says he's not a backup

He's a low-end starter in a QB lacking league

One of my favorite QBs to watch of all time. I always feel like something is going to happen, good or bad when he is playing. Not saying he's taking a team as QB1 to a title but just speaking as someone who likes watching him play and the entertainment value of it. I know when he is "on" he can take apart just about anyone. He also can throw 5 INT's or the one killer int at any time. I'm entertained.

54 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

First: thank you for linking that.

Those guys - Murph included - were brutal. Hilarious.

Second: if "basically" called him a ***** = what Fitz said "...and to Doug Whaley. Thank you so much for showing my son Braden what a spineless ***** really looks like" then we must be looking at different definitions of "basically".

I had no idea they hated him so much. Even Aaron Williams came on stage to applaud that comment.

(P.S. I think the best one was Murph's roast of Fitz and Travis Henry during Fitz's intro. You'll have to watch that one; no way I could do it justice.)

It's been awhile since I saw it, and I just posted the link after a quick search. I was pretty sure he called him one, but didn't remember explicitly what he said.