Buffalo Bills Embedded 2020 premiers 5/20

14 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Man these are shorter every year.  Still fun content, but wish they could be a little longer/in-depth.

I agree and my oldest son said the same. I suspect it was a result of the pandemic: just can’t have a camera team around when and where you want to build a more comprehensive piece. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just watched. I got the feeling they Really really wanted Moss similar to how they seemed to have really wanted Cody Ford last year when you watch the draft footage. As if he wasn’t so much BPA but rather, that’s a player we want. we have a 3rd rd grade (or higher) on him and that’s who are are taking, if we need to move up so be it. Glad they didn’t need to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree on the Bills being fun on Hard Knocks to a neutral. Sure it would be fun to us but when you think about the best moments from Hard Knocks they are "let's go eat a goddam snack" and "no more 7-9 bull####" and Jameis trying to eat a W. Hard Knocks, like it or loathe it, is much more fun when it features dysfunctional franchises. The Bills are finally highly functional. And yea, Josh is fun to watch play but that isn't really what Hard Knocks is about. 

I agree with Alpha: I enjoy watching how the other coaches coach and how the management deals with their personnel: it’s intriguing. 

From last year, Gruden and his ‘Chucky’ persona is the antithesis to McD. That’s interesting to me. I’m not looking for dysfunction, I’m looking for how they do what they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just watched. I got the feeling they Really really wanted Moss similar to how they seemed to have really wanted Cody Ford last year when you watch the draft footage. As if he wasn’t so much BPA but rather, that’s a player we want. we have a 3rd rd grade (or higher) on him and that’s who are are taking, if we need to move up so be it. Glad they didn’t need to. 

The clip where they wanted Davis to have a slower 40 so he'd drop more was interesting definitely seems like they were interested in him too.

Seems like the Bills got a whole bag of chips from the draft.

Just now, Warcodered said:

The clip where they wanted Davis to have a slower 40 so he'd drop more was interesting definitely seems like they were interested in him too.

Seems like the Bills got a whole bag of chips from the draft.

Davis said at the end that the Bills had expressed interest in him pretty early on in the process. I believe there was a rumor they were trying to trade up for Duvernay at one point. But, they must have done a ton of scouting on WR this year so I feel like the ones that they took, they feel really good about. 

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That clip was money.  They wanted Davis to fall so they could grab him.  "Just run a 4.58."

Love that these guys don't get enamored with 40 times and are looking for football players.

And how many times did McD say "someone who will catch the ball" when talking about WRs?  The dude gets it, unlike some around here believe.  He knows why the passing game suffered last year, and it wasn't because of Josh's iNacCuRacY.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is it late July yet .. or whenever TC will start. I need to overreact about routes v air. Football withdrawal big time. 

Runs into forum:

"Foster is clearly the #2."

Runs back out of forum.

Will that be good enough for you to overreact to?  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

That clip was money.  They wanted Davis to fall so they could grab him.  "Just run a 4.58."

Love that these guys don't get enamored with 40 times and are looking for football players.

And how many times did McD say "someone who will catch the ball" when talking about WRs?  The dude gets it, unlike some around here believe.  He knows why the passing game suffered last year, and it wasn't because of Josh's iNacCuRacY.

Yea that was a great clip. The other thing that really struck me is how close Joe Schoen is to Beane in all those moments. The Bills will miss him if he gets a GM job. He got mentioned a lot last year without getting an interview. But I honestly believe in terms of the talent evaluation expertise Schoen is where it is at. Beane is a great organiser, a strategic thinker, a guy who is able to develop and execute a long term plan but I think they lean on Schoen heavily on talent evaluation. There are other good scouts in the building, the likes of Brian Gaine at al, it is a very strong front office staff.... but Schoen is a key cog and he has Beane's total trust.

• Thank you (+1) 1

“In order for a WR to help us he’s got to catch the football.”

Follows the theme of this offseason: correcting obvious deficiencies in technical ability. They missed a lot of tackles last season, so they signed guys that simply don’t miss tackles. They dropped an absurd percentage of passes last season, so they’re looking for guys that secure the football.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis said at the end that the Bills had expressed interest in him pretty early on in the process. I believe there was a rumor they were trying to trade up for Duvernay at one point. But, they must have done a ton of scouting on WR this year so I feel like the ones that they took, they feel really good about. 

Pretty much squashed that made up rumor with force.  Where was all the Duggar footage?

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

“In order for a WR to help us he’s got to catch the football.”

Follows the theme of this offseason: correcting obvious deficiencies in technical ability. They missed a lot of tackles last season, so they signed guys that simply don’t miss tackles. They dropped an absurd percentage of passes last season, so they’re looking for guys that secure the football.

Its a very moneyball approach isnt it?

"Why do we like this guy? He gets on base."

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Pretty much squashed that made up rumor with force.  Where was all the Duggar footage?

No offense: Do you honestly think that they’d show a hot pursuit of a guy that they didn’t land, let alone one that went to a divisional foe?

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Its a very moneyball approach isnt it?

"Why do we like this guy? He gets on base."

Indeed. Fundamentals.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Indeed. Fundamentals.

Its like the anti Rex Ryan approach. I watched his hard knocks not too long ago and they were showing the final roster spot battle. It came down to John Connor, a backup full back with a cool nickname. And some little running back Danny Woodhead, who could catch it, run it, was elusive and always seemed to make a play.

Guess which one made the team and which one was signed by the evil empire a day later?

36 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Its like the anti Rex Ryan approach. I watched his hard knocks not too long ago and they were showing the final roster spot battle. It came down to John Connor, a backup full back with a cool nickname. And some little running back Danny Woodhead, who could catch it, run it, was elusive and always seemed to make a play.

Guess which one made the team and which one was signed by the evil empire a day later?

He brought Conner here with him too. Although I wouldn't but the blame for Conner getting the nod entirely on Rex. If I recall they had just spent a draft pick on him (maybe even a 4th / 5th rounder?) and teams rarely cut those guys before at least giving them a year on the roster.