Buffalo Bills Embedded 2020 premiers 5/20

I love this series!  Glad its back!

Fascinating thing though:  I do always find it interesting how many of the people who were hard core against being on Hard Knocks saying it would be a distraction and cause all these issues.   A lot of people were against Hard Knocks, feels like more than half the board...yet this series seems to be mostly loved by everyone.  Not sure what the difference is for those people...

So I still hope the Bills make Hard Knocks one of these days personally, or even better, All or Nothing on Amazon Prime where they follow the whole season.  

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha. Pretty good group of people the Bills have in that room. Washington, Frazier, McDermott and Beane. 

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love this series!  Glad its back!

Fascinating thing though:  I do always find it interesting how many of the people who were hard core against being on Hard Knocks saying it would be a distraction and cause all these issues.   A lot of people were against Hard Knocks, feels like more than half the board...yet this series seems to be mostly loved by everyone.  Not sure what the difference is for those people...

So I still hope the Bills make Hard Knocks one of these days personally, or even better, All or Nothing on Amazon Prime where they follow the whole season.  

So I think the difference is Bills have total editorial control of this. You don't have total editorial control of Hard Knocks and I don't know about All or Nothing (feels to me like since the first couple teams have tightened up on that and the last couple have been dull as a result). 

I'd like the see the Bills do Hard Knocks. But to a non-Bills fan not sure how interesting our current regime is. Rex and Doug was the crew to do if you wanted to feature a Bills camp that was interesting to the neutral. The current Bills are good, but they are sensible and well managed. Chaos makes better TV. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha. Pretty good group of people the Bills have in that room. Washington, Frazier, McDermott and Beane. 

So I think the difference is Bills have total editorial control of this. You don't have total editorial control of Hard Knocks and I don't know about All or Nothing (feels to me like since the first couple teams have tightened up on that and the last couple have been dull as a result). 

I'd like the see the Bills do Hard Knocks. But to a non-Bills fan not sure how interesting our current regime is. Rex and Doug was the crew to do if you wanted to feature a Bills camp that was interesting to the neutral. The current Bills are good, but they are sensible and well managed. Chaos makes better TV. 

I actually think Bills would draw good ratings as people like underdogs and to the outside, we are seen as a scrappy underdog team.  So many people I know kept texting me last year during bigger games or just games they were watching for fantasy football reasons about how fun we were to watch, especially Allen.  I think in past years, no one would have cared...but Josh is a gamer and fun to watch as he can make a crazy play at any moment.  

Although I would prefer to see us do All or Nothing, I think Bills regime would not want a camera crew for a whole season with a young team and its not likely.  

But you made a good point about Bills controlling Embedded and not Hard Knocks.  But I think that has more to do with the team and FO than a fan.  I was talking fans were freaking out about Hard Knocks while also loving Embedded.  Just doesn't make sense to me.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I actually think Bills would draw good ratings as people like underdogs and to the outside, we are seen as a scrappy underdog team.  So many people I know kept texting me last year during bigger games or just games they were watching for fantasy football reasons about how fun we were to watch, especially Allen.  I think in past years, no one would have cared...but Josh is a gamer and fun to watch as he can make a crazy play at any moment.  

Although I would prefer to see us do All or Nothing, I think Bills regime would not want a camera crew for a whole season with a young team and its not likely.  

But you made a good point about Bills controlling Embedded and not Hard Knocks.  But I think that has more to do with the team and FO than a fan.  I was talking fans were freaking out about Hard Knocks while also loving Embedded.  Just doesn't make sense to me.  

I don't agree on the Bills being fun on Hard Knocks to a neutral. Sure it would be fun to us but when you think about the best moments from Hard Knocks they are "let's go eat a goddam snack" and "no more 7-9 bull####" and Jameis trying to eat a W. Hard Knocks, like it or loathe it, is much more fun when it features dysfunctional franchises. The Bills are finally highly functional. And yea, Josh is fun to watch play but that isn't really what Hard Knocks is about. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree on the Bills being fun on Hard Knocks to a neutral. Sure it would be fun to us but when you think about the best moments from Hard Knocks they are "let's go eat a goddam snack" and "no more 7-9 bull####" and Jameis trying to eat a W. Hard Knocks, like it or loathe it, is much more fun when it features dysfunctional franchises. The Bills are finally highly functional. And yea, Josh is fun to watch play but that isn't really what Hard Knocks is about. 

I guess we just get different things out of Hard Knocks...I dont care much for the dysfunctional, and maybe I didn't pay enough attention to it...but I dont really think its focused much on dysfunctional.  Sure, there been a few things...but I don't feel like they are focusing on dysfunctional more so than they are focusing on interesting story lines, which sometimes turn dysfunctional.  

Bills are a good story line IMO...and would be good for the climate we are in right now.  Good positive vibe, scrappy young team on the rise.  But hey, just my 2 cents.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I guess we just get different things out of Hard Knocks...I dont care much for the dysfunctional, and maybe I didn't pay enough attention to it...but I dont really think its focused much on dysfunctional.  Sure, there been a few things...but I don't feel like they are focusing on dysfunctional more so than they are focusing on interesting story lines, which sometimes turn dysfunctional.  

Bills are a good story line IMO...and would be good for the climate we are in right now.  Good positive vibe, scrappy young team on the rise.  But hey, just my 2 cents.  

Hard Knocks is about dysfunction. And when it isn't it is dull. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hard Knocks is about dysfunction. And when it isn't it is dull. 

I respectfully disagree...I could care less about dysfunction.  Sure, sometimes its a great story line to follow...but its not why I watch.  Antonio Brown was great to follow on there because the story was just nuts and HK gave us an inside look beyond just headlines and tweets.  But overall, I didnt love the Raiders on HK because of Brown, I loved watching Gruden and his staff, the young guys trying to make the roster, etc.  

Im just different...I bleed football, so I love the football in Hard Knocks and the guys fighting for spots.  Dysfunction is meh.  

• Like (+1) 3