NFL.com: 10 Best Pass Catchers of 2019 (Diggs #3)

MJS

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

We have Beasley which can be Diggs poor mans Thielen. 

Brown is better than Thielen.  He's a #1 WR.  Thielen will struggle in that role this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs, Brown, Beasley, and Knox will all have over 700 yards receiving this year while one go over 1000.  Add another 300 for Singletary.  Daboll is going to spread the ball around.  

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I want a 2! If brown is the third best WR it means this offense can do anything 

Brown is a 1a.  He is better than any #2 in the league.  Beasley is a role player perfect #3.  The only issue will be who is the #2 when they are in a 2 WR red zone or running down and distance.  Will they go with Duke Williams or the rookie for their size?  Os just play it straight with Diggs and Brown?  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Brown is better than Thielen.  He's a #1 WR.  Thielen will struggle in that role this year.

Thielen is pretty dang good...

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Brown is a 1a.  He is better than any #2 in the league.  Beasley is a role player perfect #3.  The only issue will be who is the #2 when they are in a 2 WR red zone or running down and distance.  Will they go with Duke Williams or the rookie for their size?  Os just play it straight with Diggs and Brown?  

Part of it will depend on matchups and the teams we faced. When we played Baltimore our receivers were getting mugged and the officials decided to just let them play, so we were physically outmatched. For teams like that they might play the bigger WR's (plus Diggs because he should never leave the field, IMO).

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the real question is does he make hay facing CB2s and I think the answer is unequivocally yes

Yea that is right. 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Hmmm. I have been the first to say Thielen will miss Diggs. But he is better than John Brown. 

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Diggs, Brown, Beasley, and Knox will all have over 700 yards receiving this year while one go over 1000.  Add another 300 for Singletary.  Daboll is going to spread the ball around.  

Brown imo is overrated by bills fans. His ability to separate is limited in the route tree to the deeper /longer stuff and contested catch red zone ability haven’t been displayed. I like him, but wait till folks see Diggs up close. 

Teams with better #2’s
Tampa

Atlanta 

cleveland

Maybe/debatable: 
Kansas City 

Arizona 
Seattle 

San Diego 

Dalllas 

new Orleans 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I think Brown will have less production. Maybe not by much. Who knows? I imagine it turning out something like this for the top 3 WR's:

Diggs- 1,200 yards, 9 TD's

Brown- 900 yards, 7 TD's

Beasley- 700 yards, 6 TD's

I agree with this. It is hard to imagine that Diggs gets over 1k (which I believe) and at the same time Brown increases his production. I also expect Knox and RBs to produce more, and Allen won't throw 6.000 yards :)

14 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Why can't Brown seamlessly assume the role Thielen played in forcing opposing D's to also shade coverage elsewhere besides Diggs? Similar opportunities should abound in our offense, imho. I read it here first, that Brown is every rich man's #2, our poor man's #1 last year. 

I think Brown will be our Peerless Price this season 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Brown imo is overrated by bills fans. His ability to separate is limited in the route tree to the deeper /longer stuff and contested catch red zone ability haven’t been displayed. I like him, but wait till folks see Diggs up close. 

Teams with better #2’s
Tampa

Atlanta 

cleveland

Maybe/debatable: 
Kansas City 

Arizona 
Seattle 

San Diego 

Dalllas 

new Orleans 

I agree with this although I still need to see more from Ridley.  Just having to watch Benjamin, Zay, Holmes, Foster, Thompson, Matthews etc. over the two previous seasons made Brown look pretty good last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmmm. I have been the first to say Thielen will miss Diggs. But he is better than John Brown. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No he’s not and you don’t know that.

We'll see if he can produce almost 71 yards/game without a true #1 opposite him.  Do I smell a bet here? ;)

The number of snaps played by Bills WR last year that are not just below average, but not NFL caliber WRs is astonishing.

They now have 3 legit high quality NFL receivers on the team and an ever improving QB entering his third year.  Expect big things.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

We'll see if he can produce almost 71 yards/game without a true #1 opposite him.  Do I smell a bet here? ;)

Even if he doesn't, he is still a better receiver than John Brown. Look I have been king of the Diggs is better than Theilen party for 3 years. I am absolutely certain his production will be down without Diggs opposite him. But having Brown as better than him is bonkers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Even if he doesn't, he is still a better receiver than John Brown. Look I have been king of the Diggs is better than Theilen party for 3 years. I am absolutely certain his production will be down without Diggs opposite him. But having Brown as better than him is bonkers. 

So you are inferring Brown is better than Theilen?  That i cant wait to see, if true Brown better have a much improved borderline monster year.