Big Ben is back - Steelers AFC North favorite?

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 8-8 a year after losing Bell, Brown,  and Big Ben starting a guy named duck and terrible Mason.  The AfC north is going to be a beast this year. 

They also  had seasons where they grossly underachieved or had the doors blown off in the playoffs when they did have Bell, Brown, Big Ben.  So not sure what version of Steelers we will see.

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

They also  had seasons where they grossly underachieved or had the doors blown off in the playoffs when they did have Bell, Brown, Big Ben.  So not sure what version of Steelers we will see.

Their defense is a top 5 group.  I don’t think they had that in a while.  Plus, Rudolph and Duck were like negatives for them.  Next to Tre, Duck was our MVP in that game.  Cool name though.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We almost lost to the Steelers with some guy named Duck as QB. How in the world are Bills fans downgrading Big Ben? Ben has never been a fitness freak. That offense is going to be a problem. 

That game was never really in question. The Bills had it under control and our defense shut their offense down. I was never worried. Were you?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 8-8 a year after losing Bell, Brown,  and Big Ben starting a guy named duck and terrible Mason.  The AfC north is going to be a beast this year. 

Have the new Browns EVER been anything but an also ran -aside from a League embarrassment? Yes, we lost to them last season but removing the ‘process’ exposed our team as not very good. Yet, we nearly came back against Baltimore -who were embarrassed by the Chiefs a few weeks later, stifled a Steeler team at home in Prime time in a game they HAD to win. Cincy? Fuggetaboutit. 

The Division was not a beast last year and there’s nothing to suggest collectively they’ll be better heading into ‘20. Stiller’s have their customary 4 prime time games, but 3 are on the road. 

Nothing to see here.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I think it’s a good thing if there’s more competition in that division. With 7 playoff seeds, and a path towards the division, I’m looking for teams like KC and Baltimore to have tougher divisional matchups in order to hopefully bring their records down a bit. 

What’s the under/over he makes it through a full season? 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ravens were embarrassed by the Chiefs? The Bills “stifled” a bad Steelers team. I don’t care what anyone says, that team led by Duck Hodges was not good. Somewhere between average to below average overall thanks to a very good defense. Interested to see how Ben does being back. 

The last time the Bills had ever won a regular season game at Pittsburgh before that game was during OJ's time. Pittsburgh is brutal to play at home, but in a primetime setting at night, no matter the circumstances, even more so. That was still an impressive showing by the Bills to ice making the playoffs, and a finishing act that's slipped away far too many times in Bills history before then. 

• Like (+1) 1