Jim Kelly, "something wrong" if Bills don't take East

He’s right but it’s just hard to suggest after so many years of suck to think we’re the bees knees in our division. I mean it appears that way.....but 

the last 20 years happened...I saw them. It was mostly just awful. 

55 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well yes of course.... If I was to guess why the Bills don’t make the Super Bowl next year I would say it will be because their QB wasn’t good enough in the specific game that they get eliminated, whichever game that is.

It could be because of QB play, It may also be because of a dropped pass, that loses a playoff game... or a super bowl, we have seen the first of those two already. And it can be both of those reasons.  There is a good deal of grey vs only black or white... It sure would be nice if both our QB and his receivers up their respective games so that neither is the issue ?

A lot can happen. They are good enough to win a Super Bowl barring an injury to Allen. It is usually a very thin line separating Super Bowl winners from Wild Card teams. Just look at how close Tennessee was to heading to the big dance. We BEAT Tennessee last year. They ran into a buzzsaw in KC. KC was one of those exceptions where they truly outclassed everyone else, but they were very fortunate from an injury perspective as well. If Tyreek Hill or Kelce is out, I think we can take KC. 

I could also see NE taking the division AGAIN! I can’t believe people are writing them off. If NE takes the division then we could miss out on playoffs. McDermott still has to prove he can beat them. If we’ve taken the leap where we sweep the division, then we should definitely be thinking Super Bowl.

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I've been waiting for weeks to know what Jim Kelly's thoughts are on this. [/sarcasm off]

Jimbo is old news.  He'll give an interview / opinion even if he never had a great SB.  He loves the attention.

8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Win the division AND at least one postseason game, I say.

To win the division and a playoff game 

this was the goal last year with Brady in the division , this year with all the additions we’ve made  the conversation/goal should be  playing in the AFC Championship game, 

we have a great defense , our offense finally has weapons to score TD’s not field goals , I’m tired of low expectations and there’s no more excuses, it’s time to win NOW 

GO BILLS !!!!

Edited by Putin

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not going to argue the WRs as a whole were not good.... I was saying that before last season even began.

With that said, if you watched the Texans Chiefs divisional playoff game you would’ve noticed the Chiefs WRs dropping perfectly thrown balls left and right to start the game.... didn’t matter because Mahomes is just so good and so consistent. With Josh there was just too little room for error so a drop or two looks massive because he’s too erratic and inconsistent with his throws(at least to this point in his career). 

Our receivers group as a whole has been lacking for two consecutive seasons, our QB play is slowly getting better, ( a bit to slow to my liking but I get impatient in my old age) and PM is stunningly good at this point in his short career, it will be be a season of comparisons of past and present performances amongst all the contending teams, sure hope Josh and the ball catchers sync up quickly... it will make all the difference imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

With that said, if you watched the Texans Chiefs divisional playoff game you would’ve noticed the Chiefs WRs dropping perfectly thrown balls left and right to start the game.... didn’t matter because Mahomes is just so good and so consistent.

Yeah and in those first 3 drives the Chiefs didn't score a single point and ended up down 24-0. I would say those drops mattered quite a bit.

I don't know why this point is so controversial. It is a plain fact that Bills receivers led the league in drop percentage. That fact doesn't excuse all of Allen's bad plays or mean that he was secretly a top 5 QB. It is just true. We don't need to argue over the definition of a drop and pretend that every QB in the league dealt with the same issue. Anyone who watched the Bills last year knows it was a consistent problem.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

This team is only going to go as far as Allen takes them.........true story

Allen has everything he needs to take this team all the way to SB , this year all eyes will be on him !!!

GO BILLS !!!  

27 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

I hope no one really cares what Jim Kelly thinks...

I can’t speak for everyone but ( when it comes to Bills ) I care what Jim thinks he’s a freakin legend in my book 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The “something wrong” would likely be the Patriots cheating. It will be frustrating when Stidham essentially replaces Brady’s production and people start gushing about Stidham. Nobody took a step back and questioned anything when Cassell and Garropolo lit it up in New England. If Brady sucks in Tampa, people will write it off as due to his age.

18 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Jim Kelly made the comment, something's wrong if the Bills don't take the division this year. 

GMFB weighs in... 

https://youtu.be/y0jiCzjXeio

yeah, like 3/5 of the O line goes on IR in September...  that's what I call "something's wrong".. that'd do it

18 hours ago, MJS said:

We have teams every year with WAY more postseason experience and lots of postseason wins and elite QB's who fail to make it to the Superbowl (New Orleans, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.).

I just don't see a path to the Superbowl even if Allen steps up. But I suppose crazy things happen sometimes.

yeah I get that its a fan board with lots of season ticket holders, but with that schedule and last year being an injury free fluke occurance, people are way out over their skis at this point

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah and in those first 3 drives the Chiefs didn't score a single point and ended up down 24-0. I would say those drops mattered quite a bit.

I don't know why this point is so controversial. It is a plain fact that Bills receivers led the league in drop percentage. That fact doesn't excuse all of Allen's bad plays or mean that he was secretly a top 5 QB. It is just true. We don't need to argue over the definition of a drop and pretend that every QB in the league dealt with the same issue. Anyone who watched the Bills last year knows it was a consistent problem.

The truth is that some of Allen's passes will never be so easy to catch. The kid has a freak arm and throws a football like a major league shortstop throws a baseball. 

There are different abilities that factor into arm strength. Allen has them all, from the very deep ball, throwing on the run, fastball, long out pattern, etc. His arm is extraordinary by any measure and it isn't always easy for even professional receivers to hold onto some of his passes.

The above btw is why I wanted the Bills to draft Davonta Smith from Alabama in April. I thought they would be a perfect match because he has glue hands, but he stayed in school.

Maybe next year!

Oh and before any angry poster takes the above as an insult to JA, it was far from it. :) :) :) 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1