Jim Kelly, "something wrong" if Bills don't take East

He's not wrong of course. Brady or not, this feels like the breakout year we've been building towards since McBeane got here. Year 3, 2nd full, for Allen--this bodes well for us along with the continuity in both coaching and front office for this regime. Frankly I'd be disappointed in anything less than 11-5 regular season, winning the East and getting to the AFC title game.  

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Winning the division can't be the goal.  I'm sick of baby steps.  Win the ***** Super Bowl.

I can dig it. 

• Like (+1) 4

Have to agree with Jim Kelly; winning the division and beating NE is a 'must do' this year.  

I don't think we're ready to win the SB, or even get to it at this particular point.  They have to prove they can easily win the division for one, and two, the Bills have to prove they can beat KC and Balt.  This year should provide some indication of the two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Happy said:

the Bills have to prove they can beat KC and Balt. 

They can beat Baltimore........with a more potent offense, they would have, last year. 

KC is a witch......they gonna be good for a little while.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Winning the division can't be the goal.  I'm sick of baby steps.  Win the ***** Super Bowl.

And yet we haven't won the division or even a playoff game for decades.

So no, I disagree. The first step should be winning the division and a playoff game and then we go from there. Obviously the Superbowl is always the goal, but can we realistically expect this team who hasn't won a playoff game to go all the way to the Superbowl?

Anyone who thinks we have a Superbowl caliber team right now is wrong.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This should be the minimum or this season would be a dissapointment... they could absolutely win the Super Bowl if Allen steps up. 

Allen vs Mahomes in the AFC Championship would be awesome

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

They can beat Baltimore........with a more potent offense, they would have, last year. 

KC is a witch......they gonna be good for a little while.

Mahomes magic is the real deal and I agree,

They gonna be good for a little while...

Edited by Figster

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This should be the minimum or this season would be a dissapointment... they could absolutely win the Super Bowl if Allen steps up. 

We have teams every year with WAY more postseason experience and lots of postseason wins and elite QB's who fail to make it to the Superbowl (New Orleans, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.).

I just don't see a path to the Superbowl even if Allen steps up. But I suppose crazy things happen sometimes.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

And yet we haven't won the division or even a playoff game for decades.

So no, I disagree. The first step should be winning the division and a playoff game and then we go from there. Obviously the Superbowl is always the goal, but can we realistically expect this team who hasn't won a playoff game to go all the way to the Superbowl?

Anyone who thinks we have a Superbowl caliber team right now is wrong.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a Super Bowl caliber team isn't paying attention.

And you can feel free to enjoy all the moral victories you want.  I'm personally sick of them.  We are into year 4 of the Process.  Time to show me the mother ***** baby.

Players don't get rings for winning the division and one playoff game.  

They shouldn't be happy with that and nether should fans.

Win the ***** Super Bowl.  Period.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Why do people think there is some incremental growth to winning a Super Bowl? 

Like you have to win and then lose a playoff game first before going to the Super Bowl? 

That's what usually happens. You don't usually have a team that hasn't won a playoff game in more than 20 years go directly to the super bowl. Obviously I want them to, but I don't think it's realistic even slightly.

Just now, Gugny said:

Anyone who doesn't think this is a Super Bowl caliber team isn't paying attention.

And you can feel free to enjoy all the moral victories you want.  I'm personally sick of them.  We are into year 4 of the Process.  Time to show me the mother ***** baby.

Players don't get rings for winning the division and one playoff game.  

They shouldn't be happy with that and nether should fans.

Win the ***** Super Bowl.  Period.

It has nothing to do with moral victories or what we are happy with. It's just being realistic. I would be very happy if the Bills go to the Superbowl and unhappy if they don't. But there is nothing to support a claim that they are a Superbowl caliber team. Off-season hype isn't tangible evidence.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why do people think there is some incremental growth to winning a Super Bowl? 

Like you have to win and then lose a playoff game first before going to the Super Bowl? 

Exactly. 

The 49ers were 4-12 in 2018. 

They nearly won a Super bowl in 2019 with a 13-3 regular season record to boot. 

It happens all the time. 

• Like (+1) 3