Cuomo today: NY State will work with professional teams to play games without fans

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

If posters praised the "illustratious GOV.  it would be ok then? 

How bout neither. There were plenty of folks who were talking about football and football coming back without having to make any comments on politicians. But it's no secret that bashing politicians on either side, will get posts deleted, and threads moved/closed. Not my rule. Dont like it, take it up with the mods.

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If a Stadium Wall Thread turns sour.......................COULD YA JUST CLOSE IT.

Instead of dumping it down here.

Ok ok discussion on a wall and closing it (I assume you meant the border right).  Now were back to PPP.   Thanks B-Man! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

How bout neither. There were plenty of folks who were talking about football and football coming back without having to make any comments on politicians. But it's no secret that bashing politicians on either side, will get posts deleted, and threads moved/closed. Not my rule. Dont like it, take it up with the mods.

Fair point ..totally get it , but right or wrong , how can politicians not be included in the discussion? again.. not shooting "you the messenger" .. just rhetorically asking? 

40 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

i think TwistofFate is totally correct .. and the clorox comment predictably weak.. just my opinion  

Just my opinion that he is talking out of his ass and crying like a whiny B word. Maybe go outside and take a walk. 

28 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Says the knucklehead ???

Yea I’m the knucklehead because a grown ass man is ranting about being able to help spread coronavirus as fast as possible. Seriously you mouth breathers are an embarrassment to the human race. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I just deal with the reality and data on the ground my friend. 

And I have family on the front lines.  This rebuttal about health care professionals should be able to not treat you bc you took the risk of living life is beyond absurd.  Let's expand this logic...

Maybe ER personnel shouldn't waste valuable time and resources on the folks that OD on illegal narcotics.

No, to me this sounds like there will be *cough cough* certain states absolutely determined to ban large gatherings until around oh November 4th....see you in the PPP board.

Logic,

Where is yours?

Last time I checked excluding rare  situations ER personnel won't OD themselves from treating an OD victim.  I'm not concerned with the time and resources but more them themselves getting sick and dying.  In the last 50 years I don't recall ever hearing about as many medical personal getting sick and dying from treating people with the same disease.   Maybe before we had a Polio vaccine there may have been similar things, but that was before my time, but from what I'd read, don't think that was as easily spread as this.  Or maybe before people had much understanding of things.

Texas has certainly opened up things, how'd there numbers look this weekend?  But what the hell alot of people spent money in the economy, like the Lt. governor stated a month or so ago, if some people have to die to keep the economy going, he's fine with it. And that's fine until people start dying who didn't ask for that.

So where's the data on the ground that says there's no risk my friend?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Logic,

Where is yours?

Last time I checked excluding rare  situations ER personnel won't OD themselves from treating an OD victim.  I'm not concerned with the time and resources but more them themselves getting sick and dying.  In the last 50 years I don't recall ever hearing about as many medical personal getting sick and dying from treating people with the same disease.   Maybe before we had a Polio vaccine there may have been similar things, but that was before my time, but from what I'd read, don't think that was as easily spread as this.  Or maybe before people had much understanding of things.

Texas has certainly opened up things, how'd there numbers look this weekend?  But what the hell alot of people spent money in the economy, like the Lt. governor stated a month or so ago, if some people have to die to keep the economy going, he's fine with it. And that's fine until people start dying who didn't ask for that.

Do you actually think there will be a point in the not too distant future where there is no risk ?  Everyone will have to accept the fact that the country, and the economy cannot stay closed down. That’s the real world. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Do you actually think there will be a point in the not too distant future where there is no risk ?  Everyone will have to accept the fact that the country, and the economy cannot stay closed down. That’s the real world. 

No I don't disagree with you at all there.  But I also think at this point, we're way too far from no risk.  And agree about the economy can't stay shut down forever, but on the other hand live sporting events, concerts, etc. are way down on the priority list of things needed.  Does that mean stadium workers are out of jobs, yes, but overall they are a small number if you can keep things safer overall.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No I don't disagree with you at all there.  But I also think at this point, we're way too far from no risk.  And agree about the economy can't stay shut down forever, but on the other hand live sporting events, concerts, etc. are way down on the priority list of things needed.  Does that mean stadium workers are out of jobs, yes, but overall they are a small number if you can keep things safer overall.

Well, that’s why they’re starting with no fans. No jobs are unimportant, but they’ll come back when we go back to fans in the seats, concerts etc. Hopefully very soon. Hiding inside thinking we won’t get Coronavirus isn’t doing anyone much good. The best thing might be having lots of under age 40 folks get this thing and reach herd immunity faster. 

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Just my opinion that he is talking out of his ass and crying like a whiny B word. Maybe go outside and take a walk. 

Yea I’m the knucklehead because a grown ass man is ranting about being able to help spread coronavirus as fast as possible. Seriously you mouth breathers are an embarrassment to the human race. 

stay home another few years dumbass ???

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

As a season ticket holder, I won’t exactly be thrilled if we can’t attend games. In fact I might go and burn the building down

Welcome to PPP moron! You will fit in nicely! 

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Welcome to PPP moron! You will fit in nicely! 

Moron? That’s pretty rude. I was joking about burning the building down. You guys are pretty sensitive around here. Moron

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Logic,

Where is yours?

I never said there was zero risk. 

In Texas half of their new cases the other day were around two meat plants.  You didnt ask about Georgia, Florida, or Colorado.  Don't cherry pick just look at all the data.  We do not have to do what we're doing to the extreme we are doing it.  

And this thread should have been in PPP from the start.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, poisonous to the malignant tumor, for the most part.  Chemo is meant to preserve life, ingesting Clorox ends life.  Not sure what you don't get about that.

That’s not the point, he was musing that it would be nice to be able to inject something to kill the virus, people acted like we don’t ever do a similar thing, which is the point, we do...