Cuomo today: NY State will work with professional teams to play games without fans

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bruh, this is just step 1 of the re-opening. He left the door open for adjustment in the future and to allow fans, if we get to that point over the next few months.

The only decision being made right now is to allow teams to play, but without fans. It's a step in the right direction that we all should be happy with.

Yes.  Sure. 

Then what was with all the garbage about profiting without fans?

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  Sure. 

Then what was with all the garbage about profiting without fans?

Because that's the best they can plan for right now. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. The plan can always be adjusted in the future, and it's easier to readjust to allowing fans than it is to have to reverse a decision.

This is basic leadership and planning 101. Shouldnt be foreign concepts to any adult.

Because that's the best they can plan for right now. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. The plan can always be adjusted in the future, and it's easier to readjust to allowing fans than it is to have to reverse a decision.

This is basic leadership and planning 101. Shouldnt be foreign concepts to any adult, bruh.

You forgot something.

This is basic leadership and planning 101. Shouldnt be foreign concepts to any adult.

what’s with the backhanded insults?  Are you on Cuomo’s PR team or something?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You forgot something.

Brooooooooooooo

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

what’s with the backhanded insults?  Are you on Cuomo’s PR team or something?

What's the insult? And no, but I'm on the "happy to see things moving in the right direction" team.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe they do know the answer.

And the answer is there is a very high likelihood there will still be plenty of people around with the virus.  Think it's easier to double back in 2 or 3 months and say OK things are better than we thought, you can have fans in the stands than go the other way.  So prepare and plan for the worst from a league standpoint. 

Yes you can get the virus by going to an event.  It's your right to choose to expose yourself.  But are you and all the others out there who want their rights to do as they please willing to say if I get sick, I won't seek any medical care as don't want to expose myself to medical professionals.  Would you be OK if every doctor, nurse and whomever stated effective June 1st with the exception of maybe nursing homes, police and special situations; any one who gets sick,we're exercising our rights to refuse to treat them as they exposed themselves when it could have been avoided?

PS I'm 100% NOT in any way connected to the health industry nor do I have any relatives that are.

I just deal with the reality and data on the ground my friend. 

And I have family on the front lines.  This rebuttal about health care professionals should be able to not treat you bc you took the risk of living life is beyond absurd.  Let's expand this logic...

Maybe ER personnel shouldn't waste valuable time and resources on the folks that OD on illegal narcotics.

No, to me this sounds like there will be *cough cough* certain states absolutely determined to ban large gatherings until around oh November 4th....see you in the PPP board.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Ridiculous.   Everything should reopen already, and games set for September on should not even be impacted. 

Woodstock happened in the middle of a pandemic.  What happened?   Nothing. 

There always has to be one knucklehead.... go inject some Clorox

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

That's good news. I think California is the big hurdle. They seem content to be shut down completely for the foreseeable future. It would be a lot to ask to have all of the California teams play their games out of state.

Not really, if there are no fans, doesn’t matter where you play.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not really, if there are no fans, doesn’t matter where you play.

Fans aren't the only thing that produce a home field advantage. Travel is a big one. Being able to sleep in your own bed and be around family. Plus having access to your home facilities, equipment, locker room, etc.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No, to me this sounds like there will be *cough cough* certain states absolutely determined to ban large gatherings until around oh November 4th....see you in the PPP board.

So YOU get to drop two political comments in this thread, but the rest of us have to take it to PPP?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, this thread was moved? The discussion is about football...

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

So YOU get to drop two political comments in this thread, but the rest of us have to take it to PPP?

Certain folks just cant help themselves. So the thread gets moved to the dungeon. Awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

i think TwistofFate is totally correct .. and the clorox comment predictably weak.. just my opinion  

I love the Clorox people, like it never occurred to them to cure a disease we inject Chemo drugs a poisonous substance. Or the UV light comments when Cedar Sinai hospital is experimenting with UV light on a scope in lungs. I’ll informed but flapping their mouths...

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fans aren't the only thing that produce a home field advantage. Travel is a big one. Being able to sleep in your own bed and be around family. Plus having access to your home facilities, equipment, locker room, etc.

True but if it’s that or no games, I’m sure they will find a place to play...

4 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

How is not about football? be interested in you enlightening .. its about IF it will be played.. IF fans will be allowed.. 

I'm confused. I complained that the thread was moved because I didn't think it should be moved. Because the discussion is about football.