Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This reminds me of Bruce Smith testing positive before the 1988 season and missing 4 games.

Straighten your act up, Ed. You're a millionaire and can afford having your drunk ass transported from point A to point B.

No going to crucify him but I hope he learns from this.

This is a point I just do not “get” at all.  Broke college kids Uber all over the place.  You would think a multi-millionaire could have a personal driver on call at a limo company, if he doesn’t want to Uber.  

Especially right now with unemployment so high, Ed; give a little back to the Working Guy and hire a driver.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Right.....

image.jpeg.e3de8e041be569420a034cdcfe52412b.jpeg

He meant real controversy...

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he's over .08 why would the DA plead down a slam dunk double Class A misdemeanor?

They never charge them with 2 offenses.  They'll go with the more serious one, which would be the DUI and make a plea deal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Does it all the time. Big donation. Then add the fines for the charge itself. 

like I said I have had 5 soldiers plead down to wet reckless in my years stationed in Texas without any big donation. Just using the diversion program 

It's weird how state's are different on laws. Here in PA, reckless is worse than DUI.

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I've carried a firearm for 40 years. Myself and many of the people I know who are licensed to carry are hardly cavalier about it. You play by the rules, practice and keep safe. You would never know we carry because we don't advertise it. So quit painting with such a broad brush. Almost all of the crimes and shootings you read about are committed by criminals with illegal guns. Oh and as a rule we don't drink  and drive with open containers with our guns. Just sayin'.

The fact that you carry around a weapon is demonstrating your cavalier attitude. Just sayin’.

22 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

They always trump up charges to try and get something to stick. 

Unlawful Carry of a Weapon 

An individual is prohibited from possessing a handgun while they are committing an offense (other than an offense punishable by a traffic ticket) – even if they are in a generally permissible place to lawfully carry even without a license.

For example, imagine you put your handgun in your car where the handle is still visible, go to work, and after work you head to happy hour. Now imagine you get stopped and charged with DWI. Under Texas law, the officer can charge you with UCW because you were committing an offense other than a Class C traffic offense. So while you may have never intended to commit the offense of UCW, by possessing a handgun while committing an offense other than a traffic ticket, the officer can charge you with UCW. 

For whatever reason you seem to be making this out to be much more than it is. 

These look to be like trumped-up charges to land something and make it stick, most likely because states have lost tons of Revenue during quarantine.

I would not be shocked in the least if his blood test results came back and he was either barely intoxicated or under the intoxication level.  I wouldn't be shocked to see that unlawful carry get tossed out as well.

Thanks for the gouge about unlawful carry.  I wondered if it was something like that; I mean, like I said, it’s Texas.

As an engineer friend driving from IL to TX for his first post-graduation job once said: “When I crossed the border into Texas, they pulled me over and searched my car for firearms.  Fortunately, I had some, so they let me in”

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

It's weird how state's are different on laws. Here in PA, reckless is worse than DUI.

In Florida you can solicit strip mall slaves for happy endings and the prosecutors end up being the bad guy.

• Haha (+1) 3

well it’s good to know we have such high and mighty fans on this board. These are the same fans in large majority who have gotten wasted at a game at least once in their lives and driven home I bet. If you say not me I’m sure you were party to it at some point. And I’m just as guilty.

the guy looks like he was riding his off-road vehicle maybe had a few pops.... and on a two lane road he could have been looking at his phone an swerved... causing someone to call it in, all valid btw. Bad judgment ok but doesn’t make him a villain. He may get one game tops and who cares really. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Stuff like this happens with young guys. Especially when they’re bored and the routine is messed up. It was a dumb move but I think some of y’all are being a little harsh. 
Easy to think you’re untouchable and on top of the world when you’re that young with that much money. We see guys doing dumb stuff all the time, at least he’s not in a Dunbar kinda situation 

I agree this is just dumb young stud in his 20’s stuff, but we would like a guy we’re paying millions, to be a bit smarter than this.

Thinking about it, being a country-guy type probably makes it a lot harder for Ed to Uber or Limo or all that, but still, must be a solution where he could hire a designated driver

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yikes, looks like he’ll be taking a seat on the bench for part of the season.

The bench may well be in the slammer.  Druck driving, he can skate on that with a good lawyer.  Weapons......slammer time.

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The fact that you carry around a weapon is demonstrating your cavalier attitude. Just sayin’.

Um, No, it doesn't.  Carrying a firearm is dead serious matter and most who do, take it that way.  You'd be glad to know one of us when evil comes around and the police are still responding.

• Thank you (+1) 1