Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I'd love to see the evidence that he actually had an open beer can.

Pretty certain if he didn't he would been screaming it from the mountaintops. Would you allow cops to charge you with an open beer can in a vehicle if you didn't have one without any type of denial?

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Pretty certain if he didn't he would been screaming it from the mountaintops. Would you allow cops to charge you with an open beer can in a vehicle if you didn't have one without any type of denial?

According to his attorney, it wasn’t a beer can, it was a can for spitting tobacco into and it wasn’t found between his legs but in the vehicle door instead. 

How can Oliver or anyone else “allow”, or disallow for that matter, what cops can charge them with? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

So are you saying that driving with an open beer can and loaded gun in the car is a smart thing?

Great that he isn't facing charges but this type of behavior is idiotic at best.

you do understand he was cleared of all wrong doing and driving with a loaded gun in Texas is legal. So yes, smart thing.

Are you saying declaring him guilty 10 hours after he was pulled over was smart?

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

So are you saying that driving with an open beer can and loaded gun in the car is a smart thing?

Great that he isn't facing charges but this type of behavior is idiotic at best.

“idiotic at best” Lol just hold your L on this one. Ed Oliver tweeted today that he never even had a beer can between his legs

56 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He explicitly tweeted today that he thought the open beer can claim was a ridiculous lie, that a 5 foot 8 inch cop who wasn't even tall enough to peek into his lifted truck's window couldnt possibly honestly claim that

If he really had an open can and they had evidence of it, he wouldn't have had all charges dropped 

Edited by arcane

48 minutes ago, arcane said:

He explicitly tweeted today that he thought the open beer can claim was a ridiculous lie, that a 5 foot 8 inch cop who wasn't even tall enough to peek into his lifted truck's window couldnt possibly honestly claim that

If he really had an open can and they had evidence of it, he wouldn't have had all charges dropped 

Why did he wait until today to tweet that?? I would have been doing it from day 1.

39 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Why did he wait until today to tweet that?? I would have been doing it from day 1.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Called listening to your attorney 

Babbling like an idiot instead of letting the system handle it is exactly how not to do things. I honestly think he's going a little overboard now, but I don't blame him for playing some I told you so 

Why wasn't the breathalyzer of 0.000 at the scene ever reported? 

And they obviously made up the open beer can and the "suspicion of being UI on something else" sounded like a way to try and fish for something.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why wasn't the breathalyzer of 0.000 at the scene ever reported? 

And they obviously made up the open beer can and the "suspicion of being UI on something else" sounded like a way to try and fish for something.

Didn’t Oliver’s own lawyer admit there was an empty beer can in the car but it was being used as a spittoon? 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Didn’t Oliver’s own lawyer admit there was an empty beer can in the car but it was being used as a spittoon? 

I don't recall.  I have a vague recollection of it being talked about as the reason he might have had an open beer can in his car.  Although the "us[ing] it as a spitoon" would have been useful information.

Edited by Doc

18 hours ago, matter2003 said:

First of all, how do you know the gun was loaded?  The initial reports was that a gun was found in the car.  He could have had it for protection while 4-wheeling and safed it for transport.  Second, carrying a loaded gun in Texas is legal.  You're welcome to believe it's idiotic, but a lot of people carry legally and they aren't all idiots per se - it's considered a legal right in this country (whether that's a good idea is a whole 'nother topic)

The report that Oliver had an "open beer can between his legs" has been disputed by Oliver, and later reports were it was found in the door of the car.  Lawyer says, being used as a spittoon.  Maybe Oliver chews - very country.

• Like (+1) 1

Hapless, good points as if he was using as a spatoon ok, that’s an if.  Why would they state ina report if it wasn’t alcohol in the bottle.  Listen, I hate guns myself, but have no problem with one of our amendments allowing with a permit to carry a gun, even if loaded.  If the safety is on, it’s not a big deal.  From all of my dating down here in the south before and then after marriage, guns are pretty darn common in the south with women I’ve dated.  As a girl named Rosemary from GA told me, no self respecting southern girl is never without a gun in the car.  

my only problem since he really was sober is if he more likely had an open container was stupid, wreck less, and if true would at least be charged with a misdemeanor.  That shouldn’t rise to anything serious in terms of suspension, just not a smart move.

37 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hapless, good points as if he was using as a spatoon ok, that’s an if.  Why would they state ina report if it wasn’t alcohol in the bottle.  Listen, I hate guns myself, but have no problem with one of our amendments allowing with a permit to carry a gun, even if loaded.  If the safety is on, it’s not a big deal.  From all of my dating down here in the south before and then after marriage, guns are pretty darn common in the south with women I’ve dated.  As a girl named Rosemary from GA told me, no self respecting southern girl is never without a gun in the car.  

my only problem since he really was sober is if he more likely had an open container was stupid, wreck less, and if true would at least be charged with a misdemeanor.  That shouldn’t rise to anything serious in terms of suspension, just not a smart move.

The fact the can was never entered as evidence tells us all we need to know about whether it’s true or not.

• Like (+1) 2