Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Still not sure why he would reduce it at all by your reasoning.

Why has he ever reduced any suspension?  We never hear the exact reasons but it's obviously because the appellant made a convincing case and Goodell agreed and decided to reduce the suspension.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why has he ever reduced any suspension?  We never hear the exact reasons but it's obviously because the appellant made a convincing case and Goodell agreed and decided to reduce the suspension.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the Commissioner hears the appeals. The appeal is head by a “hearing officer” and they make the final decision. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the Commissioner hears the appeals. The appeal is head by a “hearing officer” and they make the final decision. 

I always thought it was Goodell. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

In the case you describe, if he things the weapons charge is bogus, he wouldn't give him extra games.  If he doesn't think it's bogus and gives extra games, there's nothing Oliver could say that would change his mind about the second charge.  There's no mitigating factor he could provide to change Goodell's mind about the charge.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I always thought it was Goodell. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

One can deny anything, only the truth can be confirmed.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

In the case you describe, if he things the weapons charge is bogus, he wouldn't give him extra games.  If he doesn't think it's bogus and gives extra games, there's nothing Oliver could say that would change his mind about the second charge.  There's no mitigating factor he could provide to change Goodell's mind about the charge.

What about 4 games to 3?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

One can deny anything, only the truth can be confirmed.

And that would be...?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

What about 4 games to 3?

And that would be...?

That’s a truism.

If he thinks it’s worth 3 he’ll give 3 to start.  If he concludes the weapons charge warrants 4 he can’t then say “oh, I meant 3”.  There’s nothing about the gun charge that isn’t known.  Oliver can’t explain it away if the charge sticks. Simple as that

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 6:04 AM, Teddy KGB said:

The guy that wanted to fight his college coach is an idiot.    

Couldn’t see this one coming ??‍♂️??‍♂️

On 5/17/2020 at 6:13 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

@Teddy KGB has an excellent point about this. This was a guy who wanted to fight his college coach over a coat. He's just not smart.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:31 AM, matter2003 said:

Probably looking at a 4 game suspension at least

On 5/17/2020 at 6:50 AM, CLTbills said:

And there was a big debate on this board and some of us got shredded for pointing out that it was an issue.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:00 AM, Niagara Bill said:

Listen for the other shoe...!

On 5/17/2020 at 7:13 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

It means he's an idiot.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:33 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Point is, dude should know better than to drive with an open container, man. Don't be obtuse. He's a grown man and should be held accountable for his stupidity.

Edit: I paid a price for my mistake. Why? Because I was an adult and mistakes have consequences.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:03 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

With the Bills shirt on.

This guy's work ethic was already in question; now this raises legitimate bust concerns.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Ed Oliver now officially enters the inescapable level of moron. Congratulations Ed, you’ve worked hard for this. You deserve it.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, JMF2006 said:

The good news is that he wasn`t involved in an accident where someone was hurt.

The bad news is that he should know better.

I am calling 4 games from the league.

I hope he gets at least 200 hours of community service from the courts(that should keep him busy)

On 5/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, Bangarang said:

The league may not care how much over the limit he was. He’s still probably going to be suspended.

It also doesn’t matter if the gun was legally his, he was in possession of it while committing a crime. Hence the additional gun charge.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:54 AM, Process said:

That sucks. I would think 2 games. Luckily we couldn't ask for an easier start to our schedule so I'm not too concerned. What an idiot. 

How drunk do you have to be to not only be drinking as you drive but leave the can between your legs when you get pulled over.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:02 AM, die hard bills fan said:

just irresponsible.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:07 AM, Locomark said:

Way to go Ed. Thanks for adding a handicap to a season where we are the favorites. BRING BACK KYLE!!!!

First 8 pages of a 70 page thread, and the hot takes were legendary!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

First 8 pages of a 70 page thread, and the hot takes were legendary!

So are you saying that driving with an open beer can and loaded gun in the car is a smart thing?

Great that he isn't facing charges but this type of behavior is idiotic at best.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL is satisfied with the decision of Texas authorities in the matter involving the Buffalo Bills' Ed Oliver and we do not anticipate the need for any league issued discipline.  However as a result of the investigation, the NFL has awarded the New England Patriots a fifth round compensatory selection in the 2021 draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL is satisfied with the decision of Texas authorities in the matter involving the Buffalo Bills' Ed Oliver and we do not anticipate the need for any league issued discipline.  However as a result of the investigation, the NFL has awarded the New England Patriots a fifth round compensatory selection in the 2021 draft.

HE can say it!  ?

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So are you saying that driving with an open beer can and loaded gun in the car is a smart thing?

Great that he isn't facing charges but this type of behavior is idiotic at best.

I'd love to see the evidence that he actually had an open beer can.

• Like (+1) 1