Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

21 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Under the new rules Goodell/The NFL can pretty much do whatever they want. 

The Jets boards are brutal. You get banned instantly for saying anything negative about Sam Darnold. 

I appreciate a fresh objective prospective from another fan base

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets boards are brutal. You get banned instantly for saying anything negative about Sam Darnold. 

And then you can go to the other end of the spectrum as there are other Bills boards where you can basically say whatever you want about your fellow posters and get away with it Scott free.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Didn’t he fail a field sobriety test? Even if he gets off on DUI the NFL could still suspend him a few games under the new rules.  

The union would defend him unless the rules say specifically otherwise. So it mostly is going to come down to the letter of the law.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

And then you can go to the other end of the spectrum as there are other Bills boards where you can basically say whatever you want about your fellow posters and get away with it Scott free.

This site will never be Scott-free.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So when should we expect to hear about any disciplinary decisions here?

Hopefully the same time the pats get disciplined for filming another teams practices again, that being never...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Hopefully the same time the pats get disciplined for filming another teams practices again, that being never...

I’m pretty sure we are all supposed to have forgotten about that. There you go, making trouble! 

Seriously, when is the last time anyone has heard anything about that? Belichick may have been behind the whole Covid thing to distract us. Someone should look into that! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

So the boards are closed down?

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Without a BAC over the limit, it will be hard for them to suspend him.  I don't recall seeing anything about failing a FST as being just cause. 

Sobriety tests are a joke. You can walk a tight rope line and touch your nose with both fingers while standing on one leg flawlessly. YOU WILL STILL FAIL!! Once you're asked to submit to a FST get ready to take a ride. All you can do is pray you blow under the legal limit. Most cops know many can drive competently while under the influence. The only way to collar you is if you blow over the legal which we all know isn't much.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So when should we expect to hear about any disciplinary decisions here?

2021 or never would be my guess.  Oliver's arraignment is scheduled for 11 August.

Based on the usual timeline, I would expect the league to review and issue discipline for the following season.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you saying he shouldn’t have to wear a mask?  

we all are being punished wearing the #metoo masks.  Saying Oliver shouldn't get punished by the league with all that is going on regarding the marches, protests, etc would be nice, though probably too much to hope for.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Why give him any punishment with all that is going on? 

Probably because he broke the law. You usually get punished for breaking the law.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Probably because he broke the law. You usually get punished for breaking the law.

Due process will determine this, not a message board. I’ll hope for the best. What is right and what is fair. 

It ain’t perfect, but it’s the best we have and what we go by. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1