Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

2 hours ago, Doc said:

How do you figure?  No over-the-limit BAC...no case, no charges and no suspension.

And if he's got a history if ADHD, he's got a paper.

You can still be charged with driving while ability impaired even if on prescription medication.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Have you ever driven an F250? That makes zero logistical sense.  I had a 1500 and would swap out for the 250 SD for cross country trips. Oliver and I have near identical heights and wing spans. He is slightly shorter, my wing span is about half an inch shorter. He’s got over 100 lbs on me, so likely my arms are longer but he has wider shoulders. 

There is no way he is just reaching over to put in the door before getting out. He would need to almost lay down across the seat flat to do that. 250 is about 5.5 feet across. His wing span is about 6’5. He’s a foot short of the cup holder is at shoulder height. But it’s not. It’s about 3 feet lower in the footwell. 

Driver side door, no?

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

You can still be charged with driving while ability impaired even if on prescription medication.

It would seem odd to charge someone diagnosed with ADHD with impaired ability for taking prescribed meds that are supposed to improve attention. Now if a blood test comes back and shows they took way more than prescribed then it would make sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

After 11 days?  Hard to imagine.  Those take under an hour to process in any lab.

Just to give you an idea on how long these things can take especially now with all this covid madness; I had a DWI in February and didn’t get the blood results until sometime in April.

Not every department and lab run things the same obviously but it is sometimes not a quick process

Edited by Bangarang

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

After 11 days?  Hard to imagine.  Those take under an hour to process in any lab.

Private vs Official State procedures are completely different.  I had a friend from work go thru this and he had to wait over a month to get results.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was also charged with DWI (under influence of a controlled substance--adderral), no?  

Some states adderral (prescribed or not) as an illegal drug to operate a car while using.  Is Texas one?

You seem awfully hopeful of a worst case scenario. Why? 

I don’t know Oliver and I’m kinda mush on him as a player but it seems odd that you want this to play out badly. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why doesn't his defense team just release/leak the BAL to get ahead of this? 

I've kind of avoided this thread because every time these things happen, people go batschitcrazy, but I can't just let you throw this low floater over the plate.

They're probably sitting on the BAL info specifically and exclusively so you can have another week of hope that he'll fail the test, get booted from the team, and lead to the gutting top to bottom of everyone at OBD so you can finally have your shot to show the world why, really, you're the only person qualified to run the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t know Oliver and I’m kinda mush on him as a player but it seems odd that you want this to play out badly. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

Hoping for the best but discussing the range of possibilities instead of just looking for loopholes in the story that would be best case seems to be how I read him.

theres, unfortunately, a few things that may or may not break Ed’s way... and I think most here are assuming (out of hope) he will get most of those, while Weo is discussing some of the reasons those may not play out in his favor

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Simple question.  He was charged with DWI alcohol and "other" substance.  I thought that was odd at the time since he only said he was on adderral.   I'm asking if anyone knows that, if the BAL is below legal threshold, can they charge him for adderral use while driving in Texas (it is illegal even with a prescription in some states) and have it result in the same outcome,  which would be equally bad for Ed and the team.

Did you really struggle with that?  It's an obvious question that arises from the charges.    Common sense question, really.  

39 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've kind of avoided this thread because every time these things happen, people go batschitcrazy, but I can't just let you throw this low floater over the plate.

They're probably sitting on the BAL info specifically and exclusively so you can have another week of hope that he'll fail the test, get booted from the team, and lead to the gutting top to bottom of everyone at OBD so you can finally have your shot to show the world why, really, you're the only person qualified to run the team.

LOL, yes, that must be it!  You really knocked that one out of the park.  

King of T-ball!

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hoping for the best but discussing the range of possibilities instead of just looking for loopholes in the story that would be best case seems to be how I read him.

theres, unfortunately, a few things that may or may not break Ed’s way... and I think most here are assuming (out of hope) he will get most of those, while Weo is discussing some of the reasons those may not play out in his favor

Thanks NoSaint.....but let these boys have their fun.  It's like they are whistling past the graveyard.  

There are those that answer questions and there are those who can only yell at the questioner.  I welcome all responses.   It's a significant part of the entertainment value of this site!

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It would seem odd to charge someone diagnosed with ADHD with impaired ability for taking prescribed meds that are supposed to improve attention. Now if a blood test comes back and shows they took way more than prescribed then it would make sense. 

It does seem odd, but my wife heard the cops threaten my son for exactly that. 

There is a lot of conjecture going on here. I’m not sure how many attorneys are present and laws vary from state to state. I think we just need to wait to see how it plays out, hope he gets a break (if he needs it) and learns some lessons. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Thanks NoSaint.....but let these boys have their fun.  It's like they are whistling past the graveyard.  

There are those that answer questions and there are those who can only yell at the questioner.  I welcome all responses.   It's a significant part of the entertainment value of this site!

True, some people are "whistling" and others have him and his career "buried" in the graveyard.

As to the drug implications, the testing will tell and until then ALL this talk is speculation whether good or bad.

People can have trace elements of pain killers and other drugs in their system but it's not a crime unless the levels "impair" your driving.

When the results come back then and only then will it be determined IF a crime was committed and what charges are appropriate.

Then the lawyers and courts will do their jobs.

Patience is needed by everyone including Ed.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dion Jordan was shocked to learn his TUE was not valid when he tested positive.

Too bad for Jordan.  Means nothing for Oliver.

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

What this would be saying is that anyone on Adderall can't drive.  Doesn't seem like a legit charge and one that could easily be defended by a competent attorney.

59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah.  It's interesting to see him float (sometimes pages and pages of) theories of how Cheaters players/owners might be innocent or skirt charges, but how Bills players might be guilty and shouldn't be shown leniency.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Too bad for Jordan.  Means nothing for Oliver.

What this would be saying is that anyone on Adderall can't drive.  Doesn't seem like a legit charge and one that could easily be defended by a competent attorney.

Yeah.  It's interesting to see him float (sometimes pages and pages of) theories of how Cheaters players/owners might be innocent or skirt charges, but how Bills players might be guilty and shouldn't be shown leniency.

Lol what?  But as for how anyone might defend against any charges (never "skirt charges")---it's all pretty obvious stuff and is discussed pretty much anywhere (the Kraft Knob Kaper was a prime example--and the outcome of that one was seen by most a mile away).  Instead of simply acknowledging how it obviously would go down ,you attacked the messenger. 

Anyway.  Some states disallow driving while under the influence of controlled substance (including amphetamines/adderall)--Operating While Intoxicated.  Michigan is one, for instance.  The charge is applied whether you have a legal prescription or not.

I was asking previously if Texas was such a state.  The implications for Oliver, regardless of his BAL, are obvious.  You could have just answered the question, but I know that's impossible for you.