Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

Ryan Leaf was arrested for domestic battery.

Wait a minute. This COVID lockdown stuff is really out of hand if we can't bring those things home.  What if there was a power outage and he needed a flashlight?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, JimS said:

I just looked it up since i wondered, he scored a 20.

WEO calculated the results with the use of a Pats fan prism.  It's a complicated formula but a 20 = 0.  Future Pats who have an original score of 20 are credited with a 37.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Likely higher than his 0.wonderlic...

so you are not enamored with Edward  ?

Meathead , and  Big Dummy , ! LUCY ! come to mind for generational commentary on your opinion of Young Mr Oliver , I presume ?

4 hours ago, JimS said:

I just looked it up since i wondered, he scored a 20.

Correct

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

so you are not enamored with Edward  ?

Meathead , and  Big Dummy , ! LUCY ! come to mind for generational commentary on your opinion of Young Mr Oliver , I presume ?

lol...he has a ways to go.  Maybe he'll have an even better year this season.

But I'm not impressed with the intellect of a guy  who climbs behind the wheel of his pickup hauling and ATV with an open beer  between his legs and a loaded gun next seat while speeding and weaving through a roadway construction zone.  That spells moron.  Maybe by your way, that makes him Valedictorian.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

That's just WEO.  He's hoping it came back higher than .08.

Poor doc.  Always on the receiving end.

Anyway, hope it's under.  Big Ed needs to be ready Week 1.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

WEO calculated the results with the use of a Pats fan prism.  It's a complicated formula but a 20 = 0.  Future Pats who have an original score of 20 are credited with a 37.

You're like Rainman, without the savant feature.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, Bill from NYC said:

In New York you cannot arrest someone and give him summonses. It makes no sense. The charges all go into the arrest package. It would seem like double jeopardy to ticket and arrest, no?

Bill, In most DWI cases the ticket for whatever driving violation is the basis/probable cause for the stop. The next part of the sequence/process after the stop might be the smell of alcohol on the individual, slurring of voice, blood shot eyes which would then give you the basis to do a sobriety check which might include walking a line or repeating part of the alphabet etc. Then if the subject failed you would then request a breathalyzer test administered by a certified police technician. If the subject declined the breath test (which is his/her right)  then the driver's license would automatically be suspended. That's how it is in done in DC. 

I'm not disagreeing with you because as you point out the summonses would be included in the arrest package. And as you point out issuing the tickets would be the starting point in the DWI process. In DC if you didn't issue a ticket for a traffic violation to give you the probable cause for the stop and you arrested the person on a DWI charge the case would be thrown out because there wasn't a probable cause for a stop. To be clear I'm talking about the court system in DC. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Patrick Chung was given a conditional discharge on the condition he refrain from possessing coke, lead a lawful life and complete 40 hours community service. Silence from Roger. 

Does he get 48 hours to sell his stash? Again? 

Roger will award the Pats* his comp pick at a later date, probably in a quiet Friday evening announcement. 

Just now, Augie said:

Does he get 48 hours to sell his stash? Again? 

You get my point. Can’t wait to see what suspensions are doled out to Chung (if any). Class B felony amount of cocaine. Oliver is charged with a misdemeanor. Hmmmmm

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Poor doc.  Always on the receiving end.

Anyway, hope it's under.  Big Ed needs to be ready Week 1.

Sure.  Loved the Wonderlic comment, BTW.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You get my point. Can’t wait to see what suspensions are doled out to Chung (if any). Class B felony amount of cocaine. Oliver is charged with a misdemeanor. Hmmmmm

He should be getting something.  And if he was already in the substances of abuse program...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah,  Ed’s not very bright.  But you knew that too

Might want to wait on that BAC before prematurely stepping in it, as is your wont.  At least we know the Adderall isn't going to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Plano said:

still unsure as to why he didn't flick the cop a stack of $.

cop probably trying to make a name for himself.

yawn

I'm guessing it was the cameras around...

6 hours ago, Doc said:

He should be getting something.  And if he was already in the substances of abuse program...

Might want to wait on that BAC before prematurely stepping in it, as is your wont.  At least we know the Adderall isn't going to be an issue.

I'm guessing it was the cameras around...

Having an under the limit BAL won’t make him smarter in this scenario doc.  

No adderall won’t be a problem if he’s got that piece of paper.

8 hours ago, Plano said:

still unsure as to why he didn't flick the cop a stack of $.

cop probably trying to make a name for himself.

yawn

What’s the cop’s name?