Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/05/20/buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-arrest-court-date/

not really anything new besides the court date. Though it does talk about the conflicting reports.

I thought the new thing, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, was the reference to Oliver taking Adderall. 

Not illegal but is a no-no with the NFL without permission for medical reasons. 

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean do they do both a reckless driving and a DWI because I mean when isn't a DWI reckless driving?

You can write a ticket for every traffic violation in addition to the DWI charge if you want. He may have been given tickets for the speeding and reckless driving. It would be curious if he didn’t get those tickets especially when the officer observed him speeding and swerving.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

Hmmm, interesting.  I really don't think Oliver was drunk.  He didn't look drunk in that video.  It could be because he admitted he was on adderall which is masking the effects, or it could be they simply hit him with a DWI because he admitted to taking a drug, which is probable cause of a DWI.  Either way its a known thing that Oliver in fact, has ADHD.

Ask Ed Oliver what humans can learn from horses, and the answer bounds out quickly:I think patience. What I learned was patience because I had ADHD and it took time. With me when I was with the horses, it took time. It actually helped me unwind. And I don’t know. It’s just something that’s bigger than you, taking care of, the responsibility, work ethic. You learn a lot from messing with horses.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/houstons-ed-oliver-jr-a-star-who-will-literally-ride-in-on-a-horse-to-save-the-day/2018/09/13/1352450c-b775-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Hmmm, interesting.  I really don't think Oliver was drunk.  He didn't look drunk in that video.  It could be because he admitted he was on adderall which is masking the effects, or it could be they simply hit him with a DWI because he admitted to taking a drug, which is probable cause of a DWI.  Either way its a known thing that Oliver in fact, has ADHD.

Ask Ed Oliver what humans can learn from horses, and the answer bounds out quickly:I think patience. What I learned was patience because I had ADHD and it took time. With me when I was with the horses, it took time. It actually helped me unwind. And I don’t know. It’s just something that’s bigger than you, taking care of, the responsibility, work ethic. You learn a lot from messing with horses.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/houstons-ed-oliver-jr-a-star-who-will-literally-ride-in-on-a-horse-to-save-the-day/2018/09/13/1352450c-b775-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html

Good find.  So then in all likelihood he has a TUE. 

Again, the most important thing will be the BAC. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Really stupid especially now.  A lot of holier than thou types though.  I did a study and 87.49% of fans drive drunk home from Bills games.

Hopefully,  this is wake up call and it never happens again.  

Can you share the details of this study?  That number seems very high.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps he was using irony to suggest that huge numbers of people routinely drive drunk in general, and specifically from Bills games, where half the crowd is ***** faced on a regular basis.

Not sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Its probably more like 87% have driven home while intoxicated at one time or another vs 87% per game IMO.

Good grief...

I think Biscuit might have done a study on his college drinking buddies...

I'm just saying...

Edited by Figster

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Really stupid especially now.  A lot of holier than thou types though.  I did a study and 87.49% of fans drive drunk home from Bills games.

Tell me about your study.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Perhaps he was using irony to suggest that huge numbers of people routinely drive drunk in general, and specifically from Bills games, where half the crowd is ***** faced on a regular basis.

Not sure.

It was a total joke.  But a lot do and it’s silly to pretend like they don’t.

I just hate double standards.  Oliver made a very dumb decision and he’s lucky it didn’t end up worse.  Hopefully, this is the worst thing he ever does.  But it is laughable how high and mighty some fans get when a lot of them have done as stupid or stupider things than him.  Glass houses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 1:23 PM, Bangarang said:

You can write a ticket for every traffic violation in addition to the DWI charge if you want. He may have been given tickets for the speeding and reckless driving. It would be curious if he didn’t get those tickets especially when the officer observed him speeding and swerving.

In New York you cannot arrest someone and give him summonses. It makes no sense. The charges all go into the arrest package. It would seem like double jeopardy to ticket and arrest, no?

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In New York you cannot arrest someone and give him summonses. It makes no sense. The charges all go into the arrest package. It would seem like double jeopardy to ticket and arrest, no?

In NY, DWI is a misdemeanor traffic violation. You can write as many applicable tickets on top of the DWI ticket.

You can just make the court dates the same on everything. In my jurisdiction, we take DWI’s to jail where they wait to be arraigned on all charges. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

In NY, DWI is a misdemeanor traffic violation. You can write as many applicable tickets on top of the DWI ticket.

You can just make the court dates the same on everything. In my jurisdiction, we take DWI’s to jail where they wait to be arraigned on all charges. 

This was exactly my point. All of the charges are part of the arrest package and the ADA draws it up and it gets sorted out.

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This was exactly my point. All of the charges are part of the arrest package and the ADA draws it up and it gets sorted out.

I guess I’m not understanding what you meant when you said you can’t ticket and arrest.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I guess I’m not understanding what you meant when you said you can’t ticket and arrest.

I only meant that in NYC, you didn't arrest a person for DWI and then hand him additional summonses. All charges got processed at arraignment. For instance, if he was initially pulled over for a bad tail light, that was an additional charge, not a paper summons.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I doubt even 50% of the people in the stadium even drove there,  they are likely a passenger in another vehicle. Then you have minors or under  21 that could easily be 13% of the fans at the game. I have been to many NFL games and have never once driven home drunk. I am sure many people do drive to and back from the game intoxicated, but 87% seems impossible. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I only meant that in NYC, you didn't arrest a person for DWI and then hand him additional summonses. All charges got processed at arraignment. For instance, if he was initially pulled over for a bad tail light, that was an additional charge, not a paper summons.

Interesting. In Florida, I load up my DUIs with every ticket I can think of. They usually end up getting dismissed in the plea, but it allows me to give out more warnings to regular law abiding types in traffic stops..