Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I dunno man. Hes 22. People do dumb things. No one was hurt. Hope he learns from it and let's move on.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I did lots of dumb stuff when I was 22--stuff that could have gotten me in legal trouble---that I don't do now.  I grew up, and grew out of those behaviors. To think he would not have changed unless he got caught is equally parts silly, immature, and ignorant. It just sounds like something really judgey 17 year olds say. 

You think if he didn't get caught that he would not have done the same thing next weekend?  Next year? 5 years from now?  When would he have decided he would not haul a trailer while drinking? 

Why wouldn't he?  It's not something you necessarily grow out of.  A 17 year old knows it's wrong.  This is a man of 22.  32 and 42 and 52 year olds do this same thing.  Some get caught multiple times and still don't change.

His age is a bizarre excuse.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't think a FST accounts for much.  It's the BAC that will determine things.

Gave them cause for the arrest and blood test. 

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Some reports said he failed it.  Maybe that's just an assumption since he was arrested.

I was wondering this. Seemed OK. Balance on 1 foot was solid. Took a second with both feet down with the one foot in front of the other. He seemed compliant, and there is no reference of him refusing to blow on the side of the road. No BAC reported yet. The police report said they were unsure if it was alcohol but that he was inebriated. Curious if he blew under .08, I believe in TX you can still catch a charge for that, but less severe. But the open container pushed the issue and triggered the search, found the gun. Which wouldn't have been illegal if not for the beer.  

41 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Maybe it's been addressed in this thread but does that video look like a failed field sobriety test?  Those that know more can weigh in but at 9PM, after bouncing around in a dune buggy all day and at 280+ lbs. I thought he did ok.  At my best I'd do about the same (50+ and 40+lbs. overweight) and the only drinking I do is part of the free wine samples at Olive Garden.

May have additionally had pupil issues etc... 

I’d assume that if close to on the fence many end up “failing” to get a blood draw out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Will be Harrison Philips time to shine and pic up where he left off 2 years ago.

Horrible harry is the 1T backup for Star.  Last year Jordan Phillips was the 3T platoon mate with Ed.

My guess is that Quinton Jefferson and Vernon Butler play the 3T if Oliver misses part of season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's called a roadie.  

When I was in college and early 20's, my friends usually brought a roadie with them before we went out.  Start at someone's house to pregame drink, then it's time to go out...pour another drink for the drive.  

If it's Thursday, Friday or Saturday night and in the hangout areas of a major city, you're going to have drivers with roadies.  I can't give a percentage of how many but they are out there.

Heck, I learned this from my parents and their friends! When we were leaving to go out to dinner they would all pour a drink for the ride to the restaurant. My girlfriends dad and his buddy would pick us up at the movies with a drink in hand and on occasion they went down the snow bank encased road like a kid bowling with the bumpers down. I remember cops pulling people over who were wasted and the cop just followed them home at like 5 MPH to their house at the end of the block. 

It is certainly VERY different these days, but depending upon your age, you may have experienced when is was quite common to drink and derive, sometimes even to excess. The world is a different place now in many ways, and this is one of them......but I’m not so naive to think this has gone away entirely.

Hearing from friends in Houston that his BAC came back 0.03% and no other drugs in system. 

again just based on them I have not seen it verified or even released in any other location. 

• Thank you (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hearing from friends in Houston that his BAC came back 0.03% and no other drugs in system. 

again just based on them I have not seen it verified or even released in any other location. 

If true I would guess he will not be suspended at all.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I have seen a .09% posted in a UK Bills forum as well. But like said have not been able to find either of those numbers anywhere outside of my Friend and the UK Bills site 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why would your friend have access to that?

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah If my friend is right these charges will be dismissed pretty quickly as there is no DWI with that BAC. Guess we will find out if my friend is right 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why would your friend have access to that?

You make it sound like administering blood tests to Bills players without their knowledge or consent isn't normal....

I mean what kind of fans do you think we are here?

Edited by Joe Miner

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

You make it sound like administering blood tests to Bills players without their knowledge or consent isn't normal....

I mean what kind of fans do you think we are here?

You know there was a mandatory blood draw as part of the arrest right?

You know people work in those locations and or do the draw and testing right?  

and that Leaks happen right? 

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have seen a .09% posted in a UK Bills forum as well. But like said have not been able to find either of those numbers anywhere outside of my Friend and the UK Bills site 

.08% is the legal limit in TX, right?

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Some reports said he failed it.  Maybe that's just an assumption since he was arrested.

Open container is a misdemeanor in Texas, which in and of itself makes the gun possession a misdemeanor. Even without DUI, these are arrestable offenses.