Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thanks for the virtue signaling post. You have been arbitrarily awarded one "Holier than thou" token. If you combine this with a "white knight" token you may redeem them for  your SJW badge. 

Is it considered virtue signalling really?  This is a thread about a crime that was committed by a Bills player.  So unless I'm trashing cops, and defending this guy, I'm virtue signalling?  When did this happen?  How is it possible that saying anything negative about a bills player, or even a CRIME now....  you get trashed here on these boards?  It's impossible posting here sometimes.

If you're not a total homer, you get slammed.

If you call a crime a crime, you get slammed.

Honestly...  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay so you didn't.  You don't speak for everyone.  I don't do it now, I did make mistakes in my early 20's that I'm not proud of.

You say "you don't speak for everyone", yet your post claimed to be speaking for "most".  I was basically saying that most people don't drink and drive these days.  We've come a long way.

4 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Okay thanks for clarifying.  So if he wasn't drunk driving, it's okay for him to have a firearm in his car?  I wasn't aware of that.

Yes, absolutely legal.  No license required to keep a gun in your car. You just cant carry it around (concealed or open) without a License to Cary permit, in Texas.

1 minute ago, wiskibreth said:

Yes, absolutely legal.  No license required to keep a gun in your car. You just cant carry it around (concealed or open) without a License to Cary permit, in Texas.

Okay thanks.  I wasn't aware.  Laws are different in different states, and in Ontario (where I'm from).

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Okay thanks.  I wasn't aware.  Laws are different in different states, and in Ontario (where I'm from).

But...  as soon as you add "intoxication" (at any level, officer discretion) to the picture, it becomes "illegal possession"

Just now, wiskibreth said:

But...  as soon as you add "intoxication" (at any level, officer discretion) to the picture, it becomes "illegal possession"

Understood.  So if the lab results from the alcohol blood test come back as NEGATIVE or within acceptable levels, I suppose the firearm charge gets tossed as well.  But if the blood test comes back positive, Oliver is toast.

39 minutes ago, Yantha said:

You say "you don't speak for everyone", yet your post claimed to be speaking for "most".  I was basically saying that most people don't drink and drive these days.  We've come a long way.

Because I'm not going to be naive that since the majority of the US population has drank or drinks alcohol....at one point that got behind a wheel when they shouldn't have.

People do mature and come a long way in that sense.  But a young and dumb adult is a young and dumb adult whether it's 2020 or 1970.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Understood.  So if the lab results from the alcohol blood test come back as NEGATIVE or within acceptable levels, I suppose the firearm charge gets tossed as well.  But if the blood test comes back positive, Oliver is toast.

Pretty much, but both are misdemeanor charges.  I wouldn't say he's "toast".  He;s in more trouble with the league and the team than he is with the law.

Edited by wiskibreth

Just now, Yantha said:

I mean - lawyers will have a lot of arguments around that charge.  If it was just in the bed of the pickup or in the glove box and all he did was tell officers it was there i seriously doubt he gets anything for it.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Because I'm not going to be naive that since the majority of the US population has drank or drinks alcohol....at one point that got behind a wheel when they shouldn't have.

People do mature and come a long way in that sense.  But come a young and dumb adult is a young and dumb adult whether it's 2020 or 1970.  

That's true.

I can see that point, but having a beer between your knees while driving isn't as common (I hope?)

Just now, wiskibreth said:

Pretty much, but both are misdemeanor charges.  I wouldn't say he's "toast".  He;s in more trouble with the league and the team than he is with the law.

Yeah that's what I meant.  He's "toast" with the team for a number of games (minor suspension)

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

That's true.

I can see that point, but having a beer between your knees while driving isn't as common (I hope?)

Yeah that's what I meant.  He's "toast" with the team for a number of games (minor suspension)

I believe for a 1st timer itll be 2 games.  But it might not be until 2021.

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

It's called a roadie.  

When I was in college and early 20's, my friends usually brought a roadie with them before we went out.  Start at someone's house to pregame drink, then it's time to go out...pour another drink for the drive.  

If it's Thursday, Friday or Saturday night and in the hangout areas of a major city, you're going to have drivers with roadies.  I can't give a percentage of how many but they are out there.

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I believe for a 1st timer itll be 2 games.  But it might not be until 2021.

That would be good!  I honestly feel this team can make.a major playoff push this year.  

14 minutes ago, Yantha said:

This team is fine with or without Oliver though.  Jefferson is a GREAT starter if he can stay healthy.  Hope that he CAN stay healthy!

He's been healthy the past 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

He's been healthy the past 2 seasons.

He broke his foot in the playoffs so I'm hoping that foot doesn't give him problems this season.  Foot breaks can cause some pain in the subsequent year.  He's an AWESOME player, and I'm happy to see him as a Bill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Myself personally,  Covid 19 has seperated our younger generation from its more elderly senior guidance in my humble opinion.

Whisper words of wisdom...

...Let it McD...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe it's been addressed in this thread but does that video look like a failed field sobriety test?  Those that know more can weigh in but at 9PM, after bouncing around in a dune buggy all day and at 280+ lbs. I thought he did ok.  At my best I'd do about the same (50+ and 40+lbs. overweight) and the only drinking I do is part of the free wine samples at Olive Garden.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's called a roadie.  

When I was in college and early 20's, my friends usually brought a roadie with them before we went out.  Start at someone's house to pregame drink, then it's time to go out...pour another drink for the drive.  

If it's Thursday, Friday or Saturday night and in the hangout areas of a major city, you're going to have drivers with roadies.  I can't give a percentage of how many but they are out there.

Good ole roadies days lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Maybe it's been addressed in this thread but does that video look like a failed field sobriety test?  Those that know more can weigh in but at 9PM, after bouncing around in a dune buggy all day and at 280+ lbs. I thought he did ok.  At my best I'd do about the same (50+ and 40+lbs. overweight) and the only drinking I do is part of the free wine samples at Olive Garden.

I don't think a FST accounts for much.  It's the BAC that will determine things.